• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrov

Can confirm:
''Healing the curse/hollowing'' via
Goddess Velka
(sewers in Undead Settlement) doesn't mess up with
Yoel's
questline.

Could you pm me how this is the case?

I just finished up the
"wedding"
, but I don't have all of the dark sigils needed since I reversed it earlier at
Goddess Velka

I still have a hollowing counter going, but I thought the sigils were needed to "finish" the quest.

Nearing the end and I was actually saving up 890,000 souls to reverse it via Fire Keeper, but I won't if I can still salvage the quest line.

Realized I made a huge mistake choosing the farron gs over the wolf knight one. The parry animation in it's 2-handed form is that of a medium shield which makes it all but useless to me.

So if anyone wants to trade(PC) a Wolf knight sword for my Farron hit me up.

myco666

You cant, that place is such a maze its hard to explain how to get there, but start from the bonfire near the broken floor on the SL. Its worth getting!

You sure about not being able to make that jump? Unless I am thinking of wrong location you definitely should be able to make that jump.

Soulflarz

Banned
Run like mad.
nooo

So now there's
two dragons
. Is there an actual way to get past or is it just "lol go buy some arrows" ?
You can't make it through the bridge that way :V

1) drop off the far side of the bridge for a
estus shard

2) drop down, look around
Basically, run like hell when you go through a building and are on the other side and need to cross the courtyard, besides that you can't sprint through the bridge.
Maybe with a dragonfire shield or such, I never tested.

1) Get good
You can make the jump- if that's for the estus shard, yeah, the jump is physically doable from both sides if you do it perfectly.

2) If you can't, walk around in the bonfire room, look for the wall without vines
That's technically the exit, but illusory walls don't discriminate :3

It does after a certain point in the questline. But only via that method.

You don't.

You cant, that place is such a maze its hard to explain how to get there, but start from the bonfire near the broken floor on the SL. Its worth getting!

Thank you!

jonjonaug

Could you pm me how this is the case?

I just finished up the
"wedding"
, but I don't have all of the dark sigils needed since I reversed it at
Goddess Velka

I still have a hollowing counter going, but I thought the sigils were needed to "finish" the quest.

Nearing the end and I was actually saving up 890,000 souls to reverse it via Fire Keeper, but I won't if I can still salvage the quest line.

Your hollowing counter is separate from the number of dark sigils in your key items inventory. You can reset your hollowing counter to zero just fine (Yuria even sells items that will do so), but you can't remove the sigils with the firekeeper.

As long as Yuria of Londor is still hanging around in Firelink Shrine you should be good.

Zocano

So I defeated the
Giant tree
but still have no good weapons. Am I far away from finding a good weapon for a strenght/dex/end build?

Not really. The straight swords are generally very decent quality weapons. But there is a few particular ones coming up.

jonjonaug

Basically, run like hell when you go through a building and are on the other side and need to cross the courtyard, besides that you can't sprint through the bridge.

I did it just fine on NG without using a shield.

I'm on NG+ now, so I'm curious if it will work again.

EDIT: Oh, I got the all gestures achievement today. The way to get the Proper Bow gesture is kinda obtuse, locks you out of a questline too.

sora87

Dancer of Boreal Valley
was such an epic boss fight, wow. Also
her armor set plus Carthus Milkring
makes you look like an ethereal ghost phasing in and out of existence

jtrov

Your hollowing counter is separate from the number of dark sigils in your key items inventory. You can reset your hollowing counter to zero just fine (Yuria even sells items that will do so), but you can't remove the sigils with the firekeeper.

As long as Yuria of Londor is still hanging around in Firelink Shrine you should be good.
Wow awesome. Thought I was going to have to wait until NG++ to retry that one.
Thanks.

Soulflarz

Banned
I did it just fine on NG without using a shield.

I'm on NG+ now, so I'm curious if it will work again.

EDIT: Oh, I got the all gestures achievement today. The way to get the Proper Bow gesture is kinda obtuse, locks you out of a questline too.

So
do lore tomes carry into NG+

Also can I PM you once I start platinum hunting in a week or two? Thanks

Xeteh

So I defeated the
Giant tree
but still have no good weapons. Am I far away from finding a good weapon for a strenght/dex/end build?

I beat the final boss using a Broadsword. Basically any weapon is viable if you keep it upgraded and you level up for it.

Hulohot

Neo Member
I'm having an issue. I can't run anymore, I can only walk and when I attempt a roll he does a half assed lean forward before giving up. My stats look ok I have spent 2.7k to un curse myself, and I still can't move any quicker than walking.

Any ideas? Early game spoilers,

it happened after I met the onion guy in the tower beneath the huge archer, he was overlooking a big fire demon. I shot the demon with an arrow which made onion man annoyed and it was then that I couldn't move any faster than a walk. I went down and helped him kill the beast but I can't seem to work out what's wrong and Google isn't helping

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm having an issue. I can't run anymore, I can only walk and when I attempt a roll he does a half assed lean forward before giving up. My stats look ok I have spent 2.7k to un curse myself, and I still can't move any quicker than walking.

it happened after I met the onion guy in the tower beneath the huge archer, he was overlooking a big fire demon. I shot the demon with an arrow which made onion man annoyed and it was then that I couldn't move any faster than a walk. I went down and helped him kill the beast but I can't seem to work out what's wrong and Google isn't helping

Lower that weight?

GUYS I NEED HELP (boss spoilers)

So I just got three lords of cinder killed (last one was the Giant guy that I needed the storm ruler to kill. I was automatically teleported away to a new area without letting me hit the bonfire. That old lady tells me something, dies, and gives me a basin. Then, as I'm exploring the room, a cutscene starts and a boss fight begins. I have no estus left and I die to the dancer boss. I have no way of getting back to the boss to find my 80k souls and I'm absolutely LIVID about this shitty level design. How do I find that place again?

Xeteh

Did the bow put you over weight? Are you wearing a ton of armor?

So I just got three lords of cinder killed (last one was the Giant guy that I needed the storm ruler to kill. I was automatically teleported away to a new area without letting me hit the bonfire. That old lady tells me something, dies, and gives me a basin. Then, as I'm exploring the room, a cutscene starts and a boss fight begins. I have no estus left and I die to the dancer boss. I have no way of getting back to the boss to find my 80k souls and I'm absolutely LIVID about this shitty level design. How do I find that place again?

Teleport to the Vordt of the Boreal Valley bonfire, run out the door and just go straight up the stairs and don't stop until you hit a fog door.

Go straight up the stairs past the knights from the Vordt bonfire.

Soulflarz

Banned

It's across the hall from Vordt's bonfire
or the cathedral bonfire

Almost positive it's Vordt

It's not a bad walk from there, walk outside and up the stairs

dealer-

Vordt of the Boreal Valley bonfire, then go back up to the church.

Finished the game at just under 38 hours, minus the last bonus area that I didn't find on my own. I read up how to get to it, so I'll do that later. DkS1 (without DLC...didn't know beating the game dumped you into NG+) and BB both took me 46 hours my first time. No spoiler thoughts incoming.

Sad face
-The lore didn't seem as strong as I had hoped.
-The majority of the bosses were very easy against a melee build.
-The game seemed to have the most ambushes and cheap shit in the series. Having magic/bombs/arrows/bolts shot at you while you run the gauntlet is getting old.
-A few of the levels were real stinkers.
-The tweak to prevent backstab fishing created some strange situations where obvious backstabs missed (stab animation, while the enemy is A-OK and attacking me), and walking up behind to backstab fails more often than it succeeds.
-Some enemies really seem to just throw out their combos, without a stamina limitation.
-Kick is so fucking slow, and forward+R1&R2 seem trickier to pull of, like in DkS2, rather than 1 and BB.
-More input issues than I remember in the other games. Sometimes attacks plain didn't trigger, and other times I was trying to stab a guy with my crossbow, since it wasn't swapping.

Happy Face
-The music is great, as always.
-I have yet to try a bit of magic, but the melee gameplay is a nice improvement over DkS1&2 IMO.
-Visuals are very nice, despite some drops in the later areas that will hopefully (probably not) be worked out.
-I'm fine with armor being more about what looks good, rather than having to upgrade it.
-Huge quantity of weapons, armor, shields, and everything else to mess around with in further playthroughs.
-The longsword is as good as ever, maybe too good. :p
-Some of the levels felt truly large.
-Them vistas.

Confused face
-I'm not going to make up my mind until I replay the game, but a lot of content felt like a DkS1 rehash (even similar to BB), rather than something new and exciting. I may appreciate it more on replay, so I'm not sure it's a negative yet.
-The overall difficulty seemed very different than the other games (harder normal levels and enemies, with easier bosses), but I won't know how it really plays until I try different builds.
-It seemed like I really took my time and explored, but the upgrade materials came in odd spurts. I would have liked to seen much more mid game, so I could use multiple weapons (not asking for chunks and slabs in the first level).

Sanctuary

How does one make this jump?

http://i.imgur.com/9DFLpfe.jpg?1

Edit: Also are they nerfing Faron Sword on Monday? I feel like it's one of the few good tools in my arsenal as a caster.

If so, that would be ironic. After the fail that was the regular Soul Greatsword in this game, I opted to ignore the Farron version simply because the Farron spells are typically faster, but for much less damage. The damage of Soul Greatsword was already on par with just swinging a melee weapon anyway.

Akai XIII

I was invaded after killing a group of enemies. Used the lay flat emote and hid amongst their bodies... Guy runs around for a while, even bumps into me a few times then leaves.

lol

Hale_C

Is there an active duelling area, like the Iron Bridge in Ds2? I don't want to resort to invasions because I can only get so much fun out of ruining other people's day.

If so, that would be ironic. After the fail that was the regular Soul Greatsword in this game, I opted to ignore the Farron version simply because the Farron spells are typically faster, but for much less damage. The damage of Soul Greatsword was already on par with just swinging a melee weapon anyway.

You should definitely try out the Farron version. It's incredibly fast, does decent damage, and hits in a pretty wide arc.

laxu

About the shards...
If you're at the abyss walkers, you should have found an Umbral Ash by now that allows the shopkeeper to sell titanite shards for 800 souls a pop.

Do they only sell the regular ones or the large ones as well? Glad to see that there is a shop option for this.

Is there an active duelling area, like the Iron Bridge in Ds2? I don't want to resort to invasions because I can only get so much fun out of ruining other people's day.

There are a few but none as good as the Iron Keep Bridge or the Arena's from DS2. Iron Keep bridge is still the GOAT PvP area IMO. Nothing cooler than launching someone over the rails & into the lava.

I sprinted through the bridge just fine and ran up the right. You can do it, you just need to stick really close to the right edge and roll frantically.

The way you quote is the designed intended way though.

nooo

You can't make it through the bridge that way :V

1) drop off the far side of the bridge for a
estus shard

2) drop down, look around
Maybe with a dragonfire shield or such, I never tested.

dealer-

When you find scrolls, who do you give them to in order to learn new sorceries? I don't have the option of giving them to
Yoel of Londor

You need to find
Orbeck of Vinheim, he's an NPC near the Crystal Sage boss in the Road of Sacrifices. He's on the second level, take the side stairs before the boss fight to reach him.

fozzy

Hey guys, just a little bit of help on where I go next? I'm just at the Cathedral.
I Got the doll from the boss. I also did the Crystal Sage earlier on. But I didn't go to that Farron place

I'm guessing I have to backtrack and go there next?

Same thing happened to me last night. And no, that wasn't scripted.

Ha! I've hardly been invaded since, and most of the times they leave because we can never find each other.

What I'm having more trouble with is summoning other people. 90% of the time I'm getting a "unable to summon" message and don't see signs of it going away.

Mipcgamer

Hey guys, just a little bit of help on where I go next? I'm just at the Cathedral.
I Got the doll from the boss. I also did the Crystal Sage earlier on. But I didn't go to that Farron place

I'm guessing I have to backtrack and go there next?

That happened to me too.
If I'm not wrong, you should explore more around the swamp in Road of Sacrifice, it has another exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom