• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

dealer-

What do you guys think about drawing out your true strength with Yoel? On the fence about this one.

giphy.gif

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
guys omfg

killied the mimick chest and as he died he fell of edge of ledge above and look at this shit

26420085521_435d3f9786_o.png

Dad

I don't have much experience with Souls games, so can anyone explain why I sometimes regenerate estus while I'm playing through the levels?

Ilive1up

defeated
Pontiff Sulyvahn
without using a shield. mad dodging and some throwing knives to cut down the
shadow version.

That sinking feeling when you get invaded by two jerks and loose 30k souls....fucking hate when that happens. I swear to God I will never ever be in ember form when exploring a new area again, as soon as I beat a boss I will trow myself from a ledge just to loose it.

Bowler

Dang I'm getting wrecked in pvp. Level 20 at the new low level dual arena high loric.

Seriously 2 hits by dudes with axes. My katana does no damage

sappyday

Which part is giving you trouble? Just dodge his fist slams then get some hits in. When he does his bullshit cloud of death, just chug estus

Pretty much destroying the last bracelet. The boss never puts away from the abyss and whenever I try to go for it. I also get swarm by stupid skeletons so I'm trying to dodge that and the clouds. 2 seconds in the cloud and I'm dead.

Drake

Question about a shortcut to a boss.

Right before the
Prince Lothric/Lorian
fight there is a shortcut/lift to the right of the main doors which leads down to the
dragonslayer armor
bonfire. When I try to take that back to the boss the lift only goes down. What am I doing wrong?

burgerdog

That sinking feeling when you get invaded by two jerks and loose 30k souls....fucking hate when that happens. I swear to God I will never ever be in ember form when exploring a new area again, as soon as I beat a boss I will trow myself from a ledge just to loose it.

I've only been invaded once and I'm always in ember form. I invade a ton and always get thrown into 2 on 1 or worse 3 on 1 :|

I don't have much experience with Souls games, so can anyone explain why I sometimes regenerate estus while I'm playing through the levels?

Is that's what's going on when I would sometimes see this weird souls-absorbing effect(orangish?). I never knew what it was doing differently

BriGuy

I feel like I can't make any progress in the catacombs. Certain enemies hit too hard, too fast, in too close of quarters. And even if you do win, there's a 50/50 chance they'll resurrect and kill you the next go around anyway. This area is the worst parts of DS2 condensed into one shitty experience.

The two dozen "unable to summon" messages don't help either.

Trakan

Why everyone thinks this fight is bad? I thought it was fantastic though not equally good as the 'original' version.

I don't know what the original fight was, but I thought it was bad. I'm not a fan of gimmick bosses and this game has plenty of them.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Which are the best 2Hs for strength? I've finished the game so I have access to most, I want to level one up for PvP mostly.

im having trouble with the dodging and rolling mechanics, i have never played a dark souls game before haha.

Here's my tip! Start over and pick Pyromancer. Take Fire Gem as gift. Explore area before boss and get the Fire Bombs. After pulling the sword out of boss, start whacking him like crazy with your ax two-handed before he gets up. This should do like 20% damage in him. Get in a few more hits. Stay back and use your fireball and fire bombs, especially once he transforms. You can do it!!

I've only been invaded once and I'm always in ember form. I invade a ton and always get thrown into 2 on 1 or worse 3 on 1 :|

It's happening all the time to me, and it's always 2 players at once, I barely get invaded by 1, seriously I'm thinking of totally evading the ember form until the end -_-

Ferr986

Why everyone thinks this fight is bad? I thought it was fantastic though not equally good as the 'original' version.

Being forced to use a slow ass weapon (also only using the weapon art) in a game like Dark souls to promote using the weapon you want in a huge variety of diferent styles is bad for me.

That and also I tend to hate gimmick bosses.

Dimmle

How does the Soul Level summoning restriction work in this one? I'm 52 and having a hard time getting summoned for the A
byss
W
atchers
fight. Is that a little too high?

I feel like I can't make any progress in the catacombs. Certain enemies hit too hard, too fast, in too close of quarters. And even if you do win, there's a 50/50 chance they'll resurrect and kill you the next go around anyway. This area is the worst parts of DS2 condensed into one shitty experience.

The two dozen "unable to summon" messages don't help either.

I actually did it before the church. You get a lot of titanite there so make sure you upgrade your weapon. I was at like level 25 when I did it but with a Raw weapon. This upgrade path is pretty OP at lower levels. If you can get a long sword to like Raw +5 you shouldn't have too many problems. Make sure you kill all skellies twice!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
What's the item called that makes mobs hit invaders?

Omfg I bitch slapped the S
tray
D
emon
and his soul gets you H
AVEL'S RING
OH MY GOD FINALLY I can equip my full Lothric Knight Set.

Hale_C

What the hell is that bizarre attack that loads of people are using in PVP, where you writhe around on the floor like an idiot stunlocking anyone in a 360 degree radius? It's annoying.

Okay, what the hell. I've summoned more than a few people who don't do anything other than immediately disappear when I enter a boss room. First the D
ancer
, now the P
rinces
. What the hell is going on? It's kinda infuriating.

KHlover

Banned
Okay, what the hell. I've summoned more than a few people who don't do anything other than immediately disappear when I enter a boss room. First the D
ancer
, now the P
rinces
. What the hell is going on? It's kinda infuriating.

Sometimes fogwalls are glitched and don't let phantoms pass. Happened a few times to me and it's annoying as fuck. Sometimes red invaders also aren't sent back when that happens, so we just kinda duel until the 150% HP boss kills the host :S

EDIT: OT: I'm at the
Firelink Shrine at the Untended Graves area
right now.
Is it possible to do the trick jump onto the roof?
I always sucked at this so I'm not sure if it's my fault or legit impossible.

EDIT2: Got it.

EDIT3:
The chest behind the illusion wall is empty. DAAAAMN YOU FROM

j-wood

So uhh...I hope I didn't screw myself

I used a bow and kept shooting at that dragon that comes down in the first area. When he got to 1/3 hp though, he flew off. Is that going to screw me later? lol

Also,

Is the broadsword pretty versatile? I've spent all my shards on it so far, upgraded it to +3. I want to use it until I get enough points in str to use that hammer from the first boss. Hopefully I'm not wasting upgrade shards is my only concern. Warrior FYI.

Randam

I used a bow and kept shooting at that dragon that comes down in the first area. When he got to 1/3 hp though, he flew off. Is that going to screw me later? lol

why do you think that would screw you over later?

and even if, there is always a second playthrough.

I have hit a brick wall. Must have spent the last 2 hours in the Catacombs and I just keep getting killed.

What are you struggling with specifically?

Also,

Is the broadsword pretty versatile? I've spent all my shards on it so far, upgraded it to +3. I want to use it until I get enough points in str to use that hammer from the first boss. Hopefully I'm not wasting upgrade shards is my only concern. Warrior FYI.

Nah, you're fine. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom