• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHoot

All the "Crest" shields are good, Shield of Want is 100% physical and increases the amount of souls you get per kill, and the Black Knight Shield is great for its effect, too.

My favourite is the lothric knight shield, both for looks and stats. It's all around decent, with good lightning res. And at +10 it has like 67 stability I think which for a shield this size is pretty good and enough for most hard hitting bosses.

You can drop him down the elevator shaft for a cheap win if you like.

That was such a great moment for me lol. Didn't know what was down there. Failed to hit him with my spell and he nearly one shot me. Made a fast retreat because clearly I Was going the wrong way. As I was going up he charged down into the hole and I was ecstatic. Moments like that are amazing.

Also Dark Souls 3 really stepped up their ambush game. I've been jump scared at least 3 times. Undead Settlement especially.

The
Demon Ruins
are insane. From really upped the difficult level to 100 in this area. Backstabs are only doing like a quarter health to the enemies here and Im lvl 53.

Also
where is the doll that's needed to enter the Boreal area?
The game gives you no hints where this thing might be.

Dropped by the
Deacons of the Deep in The Cathedral area

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Er, what the fuck was that? I invaded a guy who was glowing, he parries me and does 100% of my health? Is that hacked or just broken?

Onemic

you have to beat the boss of the Cathedral of the Deep. There's a huge area you missed back in the Road of Sacrifices area.

oh wtf. I swear I've been to every single bonfire there. Wheres the closest bonfire to it? Around Farron Keep or closer to the beginning of road of sacrifices?

KHlover

Banned
Jeebus that was close. I just arrived at
Archdragon Peak
with like 10% HP left and no more Estus. Made a mad sprint forward in hope of a bonfire. Fireballs everywhere. See the bonfire, make one last dash and just as I press A another fireball hits me...BONFIRE LIT. Invincibility frames of that animation saved my ass. Not even half a second later another fireball killed me. Damn.

Zophar

Jeebus that was close. I just arrived at
Archdragon Peak
with like 10% HP left and no more Estus. Made a mad sprint forward in hope of a bonfire. Fireballs everywhere. See the bonfire, make one last dash and just as I press A another fireball hits me...BONFIRE LIT. Invincibility frames of that animation saved my ass. Not even half a second later another fireball killed me. Damn.

Even if you die in that first stretch without reaching the bonfire first you'll be taken to the start of the zone, so it would have been a brief run to try again.

sappyday

So I'm at I
rithyll of the Boreal Valley
, how far am I into the game? Can this be considered the Anor Londo/Drangliec Castle of the game because it sure looks like it?

eot

Banned
Cathedral of the deep
How do I raise the bridge again after Patches did his thing? I never found the lever for the last one, it was triggered by killing the boss.

Dimmle

Cathedral of the deep
How do I raise the bridge again after Patches did his thing? I never found the lever for the last one, it was triggered by killing the boss.
Get up to the rafters and drop onto an otherwise inaccessible platform.

Cathedral of the deep
You have to
get to the other side using the rafters above.There is a ladder that's hidden when you take the left shortcut at the bonfire.

taybul

Before the last boss I had just realized that you need to put the cinders on the thrones. I thought it was either that or convert them into weapons/spells so I kept 3-4 in my inventory not realizing they were actually in the keys category.

Mandelbo

I have a question about armor in this. I've been getting a lot but I notice that almost all of it is much worse then the starting Knight gear is there something I'm missing. I'm a good length into the game
Farron Keep Perimeter
and like anything I've found the stats drop significantly.

You could try grinding the Lothric Knights for their armour in the starting area, it's pretty good and chances are they'll drop their shield too, which is also very good!

Gorillaz

Didn't know anything about the whole
doll
being needed for admission to a place

realized it was located in a area/level I literally walked past....I think I did this shit in each game......

Ditched the SL1 run for now, I just want to get on and see the game and by Farron Keep I was just rushing through areas so I didn't get killed by regular enemies. I want to explore fully and these areas are too big to explore with SL1, will come back of course when I've completed the game - SL1 run is a must!

Chiggs

Gold Member
I'm absolutely owning people in PVP with my level 31 halberd-equipped Herald. Man, have people got this bad in just a couple of years? What did Dark Souls 2 do to the community?

I just took out three players while fighting a
giant crab and those NPCs near Farron

Watching speed runs of this game makes you realize how unbalanced the game is so far. Hopefully the next few patches will fix things. I know all souls games are like this at launch, but damn!

It seems like slow hitting heavy weapons are just inferior for PvE and PvP in just about every way. I would love to see Magic get some love.

Off to NG+ I'm going to mix it up and try something completely different build wise. This is my favorite part of the Souls experience.

Plum

Watching speed runs of this game makes you realize how unbalanced the game is so far. Hopefully the next few patches will fix things. I know all souls games are like this at launch, but damn!

It seems like slow hitting heavy weapons are just inferior for PvE and PvP in just about every way. I would love to see Magic get some love.

Off to NG+ I'm going to mix it up and try something completely different build wise. This is my favorite part of the Souls experience.

Yeah, it's disappointing how unviable my Greatsword+10 seems to be. I've had to reinforce the Butcher's Knife just so I can deal with some enemies and PvP.

I'll likely do another playthrough after this one as fast DEX build. For my first one I just went with what I knew I would like since I didn't want to read up on things too much.

Tarkus

I'm absolutely owning people in PVP with my level 31 halberd-equipped Herald. Man, have people got this bad in just a couple of years? What did Dark Souls 2 do to the community?

Invaders are bad as well. Straight R1 spam or weapon art spam. Then they run and chug when they get parried. SMH

Puppen

Banned

I'm having a hell of a hard time trying to use great swords. Enemies are too relentless and too fast, and it doesn't even really stun then unless you're 2 handing it. What are the strongest regular swords?

tonypark

I just finally managed to beat the
nameless king
after around 20 tries.
I had to dump my shield and get good at rolling and paying attention to every attacks. Ooh boy did it feel good. That play style was actually more fun for me then hiding behind a shield. (which i did for all the bosses so far)

sora87

Probably because they have no interest in fighting other players so don't bother learning that play style, I know I don't and just run away from invaders

Chiggs

Gold Member
Invaders are bad as well. Straight R1 spam or weapon art spam. Then they run and chug when they get parried. SMH

Yeah, I got invaded while fighting that
giant stone demon
on top of that huge bridge over the
swamp
. Normally, that would have been a white knuckle experience with so much at stake, but I just took the fight down stairs and absolutely mauled her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom