• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

krakov

Wat. The moveset in DS2 was incredible. Horizontal 2H R1's followed by a thrust R2 and a spin R2. Perfect.

The move set in DkS was really well rounded and it is probably one of the best quality weapons in the game. Horizontal R1s, Thrust R2. Vertical 2HR1s, Horizontal 2HR2s and rolling thrusts. Great for PvP and PvE alike.

In DS2 it's a decent weapon at best and I strongly dislike the moveset. There are like 10 other weapons in DS2 that are pretty much the same. It's not a weapon I would recommend for any build to be honest though it certainly works in PvE.

Amadeusz

Neo Member
Encountered completely invisible (but targetable) invader today.

Does anyobody know whether it was:
a) Hidden body? (altho it lasted for the whole 2-3 minute fight),
b) Cheater,
c) One of the many animation/graphics glitches that haunt the game?

Did this happen to anybody else?

pa22word

As usual i missed like 99.99 percent of all npc stuff on my first run.

I stopped caring anymore about NPC stuff. If they want to make it convoluted as hell to the point I have to wiki everything in order to keep from arbitrarily locking myself out of a quest for the horrific act of actually playing the damned game then I'll watch the shit on YT unless its an item I need. I don't have time to indulge the level designer's fancy with that shit.

Arjen

Hey, I'm currently struggling with
High Lord Wolnir
( the 6th boss iirc) and my biggest problem is that I already lose ~4 Estus flassks on my way to the boss. Is there a bonfire I am missing? ( I always respawn at the bonfire where I beat the previous boss).

Looks like you're missing a bonfire,
look for a path where the second ball is rolling

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I stopped caring anymore about NPC stuff. If they want to make it convoluted as hell to the point I have to wiki everything in order to keep from arbitrarily locking myself out of a quest for the horrific act of actually playing the damned game then I'll watch the shit on YT unless its an item I need. I don't have time to indulge the level designer's fancy with that shit.

I completely agree. And I love the series, but yeah, I cba with all that hidden shit.

Neoweee

So I've been exclusively using the Irithyll Straight Sword when I could not get the Claymore to agree with my playstyle. I haven't really heard anyone talk about using it in this thread. Am I wasting mats upgrading this?

That sword is dope. It is like an extra long version of the broadsword, which itself is a great weapon despite being shorter. Used it for my second playthrough and crushed the optional bosses with it.

twisteh

tumblr_inline_muc3rxih7u1s9m7h7.jpg
I know, I know but I need more Souls in my life and I cba digging the ps3 out :p

linko9

Been playing for ~25 hours, extremely happy so far. I always loved the big palace/cathedral environments the best, so this has been amazing.

In watching videos and stuff, I realized that most people tend to put a good number of points into vitality; I've never put any points into VIT in any Souls game, does anyone else play this way?

Tarkus

The move set in DkS was really well rounded and it is probably one of the best quality weapons in the game. Horizontal R1s, Thrust R2. Vertical 2HR1s, Horizontal 2HR2s and rolling thrusts. Great for PvP and PvE alike.

In DS2 it's a decent weapon at best and I strongly dislike the moveset. There are like 10 other weapons in DS2 that are pretty much the same. It's not a weapon I would recommend for any build to be honest though it certainly works in PvE.
Disagree about DS2. There are zero weapons with that exact moveset. It's always been one of the most common weapons in PvP because it is so viable infused or uninfused. Perhaps only the Loyce Greatsword is more common now.

WarAdept

Well I've been breezing through with 2H Voldt's Giant Hammer (don't have enough STR to one hand it). Have Fire Zwei and Lightning Claymore as backup, but they just don't compare in this game.

And holy shit. Are those Bone Dusts to upgrade Flask Healing? Because I've been running around, assuming it was to reset the area to make it stronger like in DS2. You're telling me I'm basically 2 levels away from the Kiln of the First Flame and I've been going through the game with gimped Estus?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What the hell is with those dudes in
Ithiryll Dungeon
that make my poor life bar shrink?

Michael McWhertor ‏@MikeMcWhertor 15m15 minutes ago
The 2016 Fucking Bullshit Video Game Enemy Awards are happening right now and the Jailers from Dark Souls III just won! They earned it!

And holy shit. Are those Bone Dusts to upgrade Flask Healing? Because I've been running around, assuming it was to reset the area to make it stronger like in DS2. You're telling me I'm basically 2 levels away from the Kiln of the First Flame and I've been going through the game with gimped Estus?

yes you have

Almost killed
Dancer of the Boreal Valley
on my first attempt. Just needed one more hit but then decided to use her AOE. It all went down hill from there.

Grexeno

This fucking giant witch in Undead Settlement. Christ.

Every other enemy in this game is a fucking Black Knight compared to the regular mobs.

ZangBa

Well I've been breezing through with 2H Voldt's Giant Hammer (don't have enough STR to one hand it). Have Fire Zwei and Lightning Claymore as backup, but they just don't compare in this game.

I don't know how guys keep missing the point of those bone shards. I couldn't give any less of a shit about the lore than I do and never read item descriptions and still knew their purpose as soon I went back to Firelink, lol.

So I believe I'm about to finish the game and I've not been summoned as a blue sentinel, Watchdog or Darkmoon once. I've been invaded countless times but never summoned to defend anyone. Really dissapointing considering the faithful invade you every two seconds in that area.

I don't even remember what my character looks like, I'm 20 hours deep and I've had a helmet on the whole time that covers her face.

I remember she was a looker.

Rhaknar

Nitpick, but hair color seems pretty limited this time around. I can't make my white haired assassin anymore :(

you want white hair you could always use the head from the
nameless king
set :3

dont click that if you dont want to know boss spoilers btw

MilkBeard

What the hell is with those dudes in
Ithiryll Dungeon
that make my poor life bar shrink?

I did the same until midgame. Thought that they would increase the difficulty as well, so I didn't use them.

The good news is that we were basically training with weights on. Once I upgraded, it made a particular boss a lot easier.

EDIT: Lol, I quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote the post about the Bone Ash.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I just got summoned and there were 5 other people, all majestically sliding around without moving a muscle. It was fucking hilarious. Gotta see if my capture thing captured that....moment.

Sawneeks

Banned
So I believe I'm about to finish the game and I've not been summoned as a blue sentinel, Watchdog or Darkmoon once. I've been invaded countless times but never summoned to defend anyone. Really dissapointing considering the faithful invade you every two seconds in that area.

Covenant summons seem to be really hit or miss. Some people in this thread have been summoned every 5 seconds while others haven't had one the whole game. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

pa22word

The good news is that we were basically training with weights on. Once I upgraded, it made a particular boss a lot easier.

On those dudes line of sight tends to be only thing that matters with the smoke just being a red herring.

What I wonder is if it can actually kill you. I've pushed it to where my health bar was at one pixel before high tailing it out of there.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

I agree. I usually save all that stuff for NG+ etc.

Regarding the Claymore: I miss the DS2 claymore so much. I found the one in 3 today, and immediately excitedly used all of my remaining titanite shards (hope I will come across a merchant that sells them soon) to upgrade it to +2, then went to try it out in pvp. It's really hard to hit your opponent with it. I don't know whether they nerfed the moveset or whether the moveset is less effective in this game where you can move a bit faster, but I found it really hard to hit anyone with my attacks. They felt really slow. And I was crushing people left and right with it in 2. And the follow up R2 is not as good as in 2.

It's back to my starting battle axe until I can find something more decent.

Covenant summons seem to be really hit or miss. Some people in this thread have been summoned every 5 seconds while others haven't had one the whole game. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

It's really disappointing. I can invade quite easily, and can't even get a moments break when using the faithful covenant. But I can't be a protector at all during the best time for PVP. Sad :(

Audioboxer

Soo I have never played a souls game. I only have a pc. What order should I play these in?

At least 1 and 3, but you might as well do all 3 in order. 2 offers a TON of content and diversity in gameplay, it's just a bit disjointed with the layout IMO compared to 1 and 3.

Wow dude, fuck people who heal when they invade...

Always happens to me and running away into enemies. I still try to be the gentleman host and kill them without even popping 1 flask. It's hard to keep up morals when they're invading me though.

Not tryi g to sound like a smartass but it says so in the item description ha.

MilkBeard

On those dudes line of sight tends to be only thing that matters with the smoke just being a red herring.

What I wonder is if it can actually kill you. I've pushed it to where my health bar was at one pixel before high tailing it out of there.

Lol, I quoted the wrong post, I was talking about misunderstanding what the bone ash does...

but anyway, about this enemy, I've not been killed by the lifespan-shortening. I also was curious if it can actually kill you or not. I'm also not sure exactly what triggers it. Sometimes I'm in range and nothing, sometimes it happens from far away.

Their damned heated iron though, has killed me a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom