• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawneeks

Banned
It's really disappointing. I can invade quite easily, and can't even get a moments break when using the faithful covenant. But I can't be a protector at all during the best time for PVP. Sad :(

It sucks. I've had both W
atchdogs
and B
lue Sentinels
on for most of the game and I have never been summoned once either. Putting down a sign or getting invaded/being an invader works fine though. Really bummed about it.

I have all these slabs now and I can't figure out a good backup weapon for my +10 longsword with a quality build. I have a +5 BKGS, and it seems OK, but it doesn't knock my socks off. Also have a +9 Dark Sword, and I know everyone loves it, but I still prefer the longsword. I don't think I've actually killed anything with my +4 Hollowslayer Greatsword. My inventory is just filled with weapons, and I don't know what to use, heh. Want to change it up.

LiK

A
ldrich
is pissing me off with some of those attacks. Summoned cuz I was getting sick of the runback and all the phantoms keep dying before me.

Wow dude, fuck people who heal when they invade...

Nah, with how you're almost always going up against one or two summons in addition to the host, I feel like healing and hiding among mobs is fair game. And even if it's just you versus host, the host gets twice as many heals. I'd say it's fair to heal in those situations if the host heals first

Audioboxer

Also, fuck invaders who attack me when I'm busy fighting an enemy.

Let me finish, damnit!

Just as bad as the ones who run away into enemies. Now I just go all out and invite as many mad phantoms and other invite signs as I can to cause all out chaos. Usually all the mad phantoms just gung-ho for me instead of the invader first and then me...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I never tend to heal when invading...however if the host heals then all bets are off and I'm chugging that estus as well.

im playing, usually half lost, already stressed out, i have a ton of souls, npcs cant attack you and you attack with npcs, and you dont want me to heal up?

Timeaisis

atchdogs
and B
lue Sentinels
on for most of the game and I have never been summoned once either. Putting down a sign or getting invaded/being an invader works fine though. Really bummed about it.

Same, it's really pissing me off because this is my first Souls game played at launch, and now is the time to PVP.

Ledbetter

I finished the Undead Settlement, and while I thought the boss wasn't that hard, he killed me several times (I don't know if that makes sense). I think I am really slow, because it took me like 9 hours to get to this point.

Now, I don't know where to go.

Audioboxer

I know there is the seed of giant or whatever it is called but From should just allow enemies to go all out on anyone once they are agroed. That would be funny. Passive to invaders until the host attacks them in combat.

MilkBeard

Same, it's really pissing me off because this is my first Souls game played at launch, and now is the time to PVP.

Those covenants are often barren at launch, as people are just trying to play through the game. It was the same for the blue sentinels in Dark Souls 2. After a month or two, when people start wanting to focus primarily on pvp, that is when those covenants will start to rank up.

pa22word

Just as bad as the ones who run away into enemies. Now I just go all out and invite as many mad phantoms and other invite signs as I can to cause all out chaos. Usually all the mad phantoms just gung-ho for me instead of the invader first and then me...
I'm so glad they brought back seed of giant tree for this. Nothing more satisfying than watching a punk ass invader suddenly eat a gank squad from hell.

ZangBa

Out of over a hundred of invasions I did with 3 different covenants, only 3 were actually 1v1, so I feel like my scumbag tactics are reasonable. And if they arent, I don't care anyway.

MrHoot

If only scraping spear and soulsuck made its glorious return.

Oh god the scraping spear.

A similar "fuck you" item was the acid grenade from DaS2 which was also quite nasty if thrown at the proper moment.

I am a bit ashamed but instead of fighting straight up, I do find enjoyment in tormenting players from afar.

I was incredibly giggly after nailing a host player with my greatbow which made him fall into a pit of mobs. I am a terrible person

Audioboxer

I'm so glad they brought back seed of giant tree for this. Nothing more satisfying than watching a punk ass invader suddenly eat a gank squad from hell.

No idea how often that thing drops though or how to trigger a drop. I do have one but I used it for something else.
Trade

brinstar

Just had a hilarious moment where my friend was summoning me and another friend to help with a boss and another guy invaded us. He came strolling into the room thinking he'd catch the host off guard and stopped in his tracks when he saw all 3 of us standing there. We then proceeded to destroy him.

Man, I am really hating I
rithyll Dungeon. I get lost continuously. Everything feels like it's meant to fuck you over. It's just a cave/dungeon like area, so I don't even get the benefit of dying in a place that's pretty like the last area. I really hope I can get out of here soon >.>

pa22word

No idea how often that thing drops though or how to trigger a drop. I do have one but I used it for something else.
Trade
A pal of mine told me it has a 10% drop on first invader, 20% drop on second, then 50% until it drops. After you pick it up the drop rate then resets.

Iorv3th

Wow dude, fuck people who heal when they invade...

Also, fuck invaders who attack me when I'm busy fighting an enemy.

Let me finish, damnit!

I need those grasses for items. (needed I stopped being a watchdog once I got everything)

atchdogs
and B
lue Sentinels

What level are you and what area are you in? I get summoned pretty frequently. I got like 40 invasions as watch dog and it would even sometimes summon 2 of us in to kill a host. I stopped hanging around that area though and leveled up. The more I leveled the less invasions I would get.

For blue sentinels I am still getting summoned occasionally. I would say one to two times per hour, certainly not as much.

I think by default it would be a bit chaotic, but I do think my suggestion above is reasonable. Once enemies get attacked they go all out on anyone who is near them.

Some do attack invaders. I know crabs do and there are a few others that will.

LiK

Which attacks are you having trouble with?

Rain of arrows followed by that soul arrow. So damn fast.

I looked up a guide and they confirmed some attacks are RNG which I noticed as well. Ah well. Need to keep trying.

I finished this game but I think I totally missed areas. Just saw a guy streaming fighting a boss in
Archdragon Peak
. Can someone point me to it? I'm not even sure where to start from to get there.

ZangBa

A similar "fuck you" item was the acid grenade from DaS2 which was also quite nasty if thrown at the proper moment.

I am a bit ashamed but instead of fighting straight up, I do find enjoyment in tormenting players from afar.

I was incredibly giggly after nailing a host player with my greatbow which made him fall into a pit of mobs. I am a terrible person

Rat covenant all day, all traps activated and 99 corrosive urns. No shame.

So far, I think my favorite moment was killing some guys phantom, he resummoned the same guy at the boss door that I attracted a horde of skeletons to, then killed him again. I harassed this same guy and his phantom friends for like an hour, because he must have failed the boss repeatedly, lol. All them vertebra shackles.

No it's not. Although it's still good to do Cathedral first, at least to grab the
Poisonbite ring, and the bone dust
. If for whatever reason, you're masochistic and trying to play as a "pure" ranged Sorcery build at that point, you'll definitely want to go through Farron first.

It's funny reading posts that talk about how the combat is so shitty in Dark Souls 2 compared to this, yet this game has so many of the same issues, if not more. Even without the agility requirement to have i-frames, the dodge is still way worse than in Demon's and the first Dark Souls. You get clipped by enemies that read inputs, or do the train station turntable swings that track you. Then there's the seemingly infinite stamina enemies that just keep attacking, like the later Knights with the tower shields.

It has its issues like every Souls game but it feels incredibly tighter compared to DS2 to me. Bottom line is that I really enjoy DS3 combat and was turned off by the overall sloppy feel of DS2 to the point of just dropping the game. It didn't feel right, this one does.

Soulflarz

Banned
Rain of arrows followed by that soul arrow. So damn fast.

I looked up a guide and they confirmed some attacks are RNG which I noticed as well. Ah well. Need to keep trying.

Run/Roll back a lot once it starts. You might not be able to escape *every* hit, but you'll iframe enough to not worry with any luck.

MrHoot

Man, I am really hating I
rithyll Dungeon. I get lost continuously. Everything feels like it's meant to fuck you over. It's just a cave/dungeon like area, so I don't even get the benefit of dying in a place that's pretty like the last area. I really hope I can get out of here soon >.>

That place is pretty annoying (the one after it is really pretty tho). The biggest danger in it is the
jailers
. You want to
break line of sight from them as much as you can so their HP debuff doesn't affect you. They're pretty slow so use it at your advantage to either rush them or strafe them

But yeah, the "cave" zones like this one or the
catacombs
or the
ruins
were some of my least favourite. Felt like b-tier chalice dungeons from bloodborne at times...well at least
Irythil
has some more interesting architecture

Audioboxer

I need those grasses for items. (needed I stopped being a watchdog once I got everything)

What level are you and what area are you in? I get summoned pretty frequently. I got like 40 invasions as watch dog and it would even sometimes summon 2 of us in to kill a host. I stopped hanging around that area though and leveled up. The more I leveled the less invasions I would get.

For blue sentinels I am still getting summoned occasionally. I would say one to two times per hour, certainly not as much.

Some do attack invaders. I know crabs do and there are a few others that will.

No surprise on the crabs. Those guys are just assholes end of. lol

Giant enemy crab returns with a vengeance.

krakov

Disagree about DS2. There are zero weapons with that exact moveset. It's always been one of the most common weapons in PvP because it is so viable infused or uninfused. Perhaps only the Loyce Greatsword is more common now.

You are right in that neither sword is the same as the claymore but none of it's moves are unique either. From my point of view watchers/defenders seems more like the greatswords of choice but they also demand different builds. I'll agree to disagree.

DS3 claymore was the first weapon I upgraded but I left it behind early. The rolling and 2H pokes feel wrong to me.

MrHoot

No surprise on the crabs. Those guys are just assholes end of. lol

Giant enemy crab returns with a vengeance.

I remember being taken aback when I first saw them. The fact they're just...huge crabs. No reason why. Just huge crab here in the swamp
and for some reason smouldering lake because I guess they once more ran out of time to give poor demons proper mobs
. It's just funny and confusing

jonjonaug

I finished this game but I think I totally missed areas. Just saw a guy streaming fighting a boss in
Archdragon Peak
. Can someone point me to it? I'm not even sure where to start from to get there.

If you haven't killed dragondad yet, go back to the Dancer bonfire but take the first left instead of going straight into the castle. Take the elevator down for an optional area, and kill the area boss. The room behind it has a gesture called "Path of the Dragon". Next go back to Ithyl (however you spell it) Dungeon and find where the Dragon Torso Stone was (statue of a dragon guy meditating). Use the gesture around here and wait a few seconds.

E92 M3

I am right with you. Sometimes it's just incredibly fun to troll people.

Way of Blue was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.

I used Way of the Blue for like 20 min, to help the community with getting the rewards. Had someone summoned to me right away. Sucks that it just never works for me.

Zocano

I used Way of the Blue for like 20 min, to help the community with getting the rewards. Had someone summoned to me right away. Sucks that it just never works for me.

They should just take it out and have everyone that's invaded as being able to be helped. They can limit it to people who don't have a summon with them or something.

Gvitor

Can someone explain to me some weapon stats?

I took every weapon from right and left hand out, and am right now with 3 empty slots in each hand. Then I go the equipment screen and highlight some equipment. There's a bunch of equipment that says, for example, 110 + 6. But while the 110 is understandable blue, the "+6" is red. Even though it says "+" and I have no weapon in that slot to begin with.

Sephzilla

Invading in A
nor Londo
is worthless with the spawn points they have in there now. Everyone can just bolt for the fog door so easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom