• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonjonaug

So I cleared NG+. I'd say it's definitely easier than Dark 1 NG+, a bit easier than 2 NG+, and a bit harder than Bloodborne NG+.

I'm probably going to grind out the rest of the miracles/pyromancies/sorceries/rings over this week just to have that last "Dark Soul" achievement on my Steam profile.

MrHoot

By the way people, if you want to have an easier time, LEAVE USEFUL MESSAGES. I can't stress how useful this can be and how much I got saved in a pinch because someone rated one of mine, giving me back my health. It's especially liberating when you get a rating during a boss fight. I still remember bloodborne where I was fighting Orphan of Kos, about to die just to get a "Your note was rated fine".

So yeah, do that. Your experience will probably improve a bit

BizzyBum

Location / boss spoilers:

So I'm slaying some spooby skeletons in the Catacombs of Carthus (which I think is a pretty awesome area, reminded me of Skyrim dungeons lol) and I end up fighting High Lord Wolnir who was easy but a pretty bad ass boss.

Door opens and I proceed ahead not knowing what I'm about to witness. The first time I see Irithyll was mind blowing. The fact they have it come right after a dark and drab catacomb makes it even more unexpected. Haven't had that sheer amazement factor when playing a game in quite awhile. I just stood there and stared at it for 5 minutes.

Here's what I said above in video format:

cwtf.gif

jonjonaug

Can someone explain to me some weapon stats?

I took every weapon from right and left hand out, and am right now with 3 empty slots in each hand. Then I go the equipment screen and highlight some equipment. There's a bunch of equipment that says, for example, 110 + 6. But while the 110 is understandable blue, the "+6" is red. Even though it says "+" and I have no weapon in that slot to begin with.

Presumable stats also affect the scaling of bare hands damage, which might be higher than the amount of scaling on your weapon.

ExVicis

Christ this underground part of the Smoldering Lake is kicking my ass so goddamn hard. I'm starting to finally get salty now. Just so much crazy shit crammed in an area that can kill you too fast.

Alucrid

Banned
well, the game was fun. don't want to grind out getting the rings or miracles. i'll probably pick this back up whenever the DLC comes out

Taruranto

Smouldering Lake
is 100% Soul experience, probably my favorite areas so far.

Patch is tomorrow/Today? Hope they buff Sorcery. ;_;

Taruranto

I don't think I ever got invaded. :( On PS4.

Netcode is overall kinda just a step over GFWL DS1 sadly, DS2 on PC on other hand was smooth as hell.

E92 M3

They should just take it out and have everyone that's invaded as being able to be helped. They can limit it to people who don't have a summon with them or something.

That would be the smart thing to do, but I bet this "covenant issue" isn't even a blip on their radar.

Location / boss spoilers:

So I'm slaying some spooby skeletons in the Catacombs of Carthus (which I think is a pretty awesome area, reminded me of Skyrim dungeons lol) and I end up fighting High Lord Wolnir who was easy but a pretty bad ass boss.

Door opens and I proceed ahead not knowing what I'm about to witness. The first time I see Irithyll was mind blowing. The fact they have it come right after a dark and drab catacomb makes it even more unexpected. Haven't had that sheer amazement factor when playing a game in quite awhile. I just stood there and stared at it for 5 minutes.

Here's what I said above in video format:

cwtf.gif

Yes, it's breathtaking.

Good news, turns out my secret ending isn't borked. Yay! Only step left is to finish the game so I can relax now. Just got through
Irithyll Dungeon
and into
Profaned Capital
. Surprised there was no boss at the end of the former. Also, should I complete
Profaned Capital
or
Anor Londo
first? I have access to both and don't seem to be having any trouble with the enemies in either.

Christ this underground part of the Smoldering Lake is kicking my ass so goddamn hard. I'm starting to finally get salty now. Just so much crazy shit crammed in an area that can kill you too fast.

I ended up cheesing most of those guys. Didn't even bother dealing with the worm or the ballista. Just ran past everything.

Vire

It's simple, if I invade and you chug you an Estus then I will do the same. If I invade and it's 2+ on 1 then of course I'm going to chug Estus as well. You have to get down right dirty to win 2/3 on 1s.
Just had an invader come in while I was fighting a mini boss, chugged estus and hid behind the boss casting spells at me.

Scum of the universe.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What the fuck is this, is this DARK SOULS 3: DEX WEAPON EDITION or something?

Found so many weapons and by the only Strength-inclined or focus weapon I can count in my possession is maybe no more than 3. The rest of them? DEX DEX DEX DEX DEX DEX DEX DEX DEX DEX DEX.

As a Strength build, the times when I am excited to find a new weapon only to found that it requires DEX over and over and over and over and over and over again are starting to REALLY annoy me.

krakov

I don't think I ever got invaded. :( On PS4.

Netcode is overall kinda just a step over GFWL DS1 sadly, DS2 on PC on other hand was smooth as hell.

If you're talking purely connectivity it's been even better than DS2 for me, on PS4. As soon as I hit the red eye orb I invade, as soon as I place my sign I get summoned. Almost haven't been invaded at all since the English release though, outside of hotspots.

Sawneeks

Banned
What level are you and what area are you in? I get summoned pretty frequently. I got like 40 invasions as watch dog and it would even sometimes summon 2 of us in to kill a host. I stopped hanging around that area though and leveled up. The more I leveled the less invasions I would get.

For blue sentinels I am still getting summoned occasionally. I would say one to two times per hour, certainly not as much.

I had Watchdogs on when I was in the forest a few days ago and I was around level 30 to high 40s. Since then I've had Sentinels on since high 40s to where I'm currently at which is level 64 or so.

No summons for either but I got invaded earlier by some AF guys. :(

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Eighth boss,
Old Demon King
, down. Took a few tries, but not too bad at all. Now to explore the ruins in that area.

varkuriru

It has been pretty fun playing coop with like 4 phantoms and getting invaded every so often in Highwall.

Also, one time I hilariously died in the room behind the dragon by
opening the mimic treasure chest
. Lesson learned!

This guy on twitch with 40 luck doing crazy dmg

https://www.twitch.tv/distortion2

Interesting. I started a 40 Luck character + Hollowed a couple of days ago and I am certainly not doing crazy damage.

It's funny, I decided to kill Anri on this character to see if I could get the Elite Knight set, and, just my luck, her sword scales with, well, luck! One of only two things that start with luck scaling, apparently.

Perhaps I should up my STR/DEX too? I wasn't planning on it but it'd be great to get truly crazy damage like that guy, but I dunno how he was.
It's not doing bad damage, just ok, seems a little low for where I'm at in the game though. It's at +3 out of 5 upgrades right now.

Good news, turns out my secret ending isn't borked. Yay! Only step left is to finish the game so I can relax now. Just got through
Irithyll Dungeon
and into
Profaned Capital
. Surprised there was no boss at the end of the former. Also, should I complete
Profaned Capital
or
Anor Londo
first? I have access to both and don't seem to be having any trouble with the enemies in either.

I ended up cheesing most of those guys. Didn't even bother dealing with the worm or the ballista. Just ran past everything.

Probably the
profaned capital
as it is very short, unless you want to complete another NPC's questline,
Siegward's
. But you have to finish both so that you gain access to a new area so it's pretty much up to you.

krakov

I think hollow infusion might be nerfed down the road. Infusing some weapons will raise their inherit scaling while also adding luck scaling. And a special boost if you're hollow.

pots555

I'm having so much trouble retrieving the last calibrations on Xbox one. Tried lots of solutions I found on the web, but this is frustrating. Anyone else having this issue?

Soulflarz

Banned
PSA:
If you have a +6 longsword, I can't up your irith sword to a +4 for you

RIP friends irith sword when they asked

Assuming it either doesn't apply to uniques and you need a max of that unique, or it applies per mat type.

Astral

Is the best backstabbing weapon still the ordinary dagger? I miss doing absurd amounts of backstab damage with the Fatal Secret Dagger on Demon's Souls. Can I do that here?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
HOLY FUCK

HOLY FUCK

HOLY FUCK

(5th boss spoilers?)

I just fought the
Abyss Watchers
for the first time, and it came down to ONE HIT. THE BOSS AND I KILL EACH OTHER AT THE EXACT SAME TIME. I'm staring at my screen in disbelief, adrenaline going haywire. The boss's soul is dissipating, but my character's death screen is coming up. I GET THE ACHIEVEMENT, respawn at a bonfire, confirm I've collected the soul, and I FUCKING LOSE MY MIND.

Holy shit, I didn't even think that was possible. If that isn't the most epic ending to the most epic boss fight in this game (good God the music, what an AMAZING theme), then I don't know what is.

I'm so amped right now, I couldn't wait to share.

Yep, that last optional boss is going to take some attempts. I really have to hand it to From, I didn't think they could make a boss fight with a worse camera view than the Centipede Demon, or some of the BB chalice dungeon fights, but this may be The One of Legend.

I'm pretty sure my sword was going through it's neck without damaging it, but that could be the brain damage I suffered.

adz2ka

Covenants are a shit show in Dark Souls 3.
3 Covenants that could basically be one, and no special covenants like the Hard Mode or Rat Covenant (Rat 4 lyfe)

I remember the first ever time I played a Souls game I joined the hard mode covenant during my blind run in Dark Souls 2 (obviously not knowing anything about the game nor the covenant)

I think to this day, it has changed me for the better to become one of the most patient person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom