• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ok so what happened, short story:

i climbed again, pipes

neighbour found me climbing asking what the fuck i'm doing

i told her

went to her place

charger

spammed landlord

answered -> told him to come as soon as fucking possible

he showed up

i'm home

shiroryu

Fucking FROM, messing up magic even worse. Ah well, go with a Knight build, learned my lesson from DS 1 and 2 where I went magic first each time.

Soodanim

I think one of us are going to be disappointed. I really hope that DSIII goes back to its Dark Souls roots and moves away from what DS2 did.

I'll probably be happy either way, but its funny how two people want the opposite thing from the same game.
I'm with you. I recently finished 2 and then went back to 1 to start what is probably my 50th character (I hate the 10 save limit so much), and I can't express it that well but 2 feels so... Floaty and weak compared to 1.

Audioboxer

i climbed again, pipes

i told her

went to her place

charger

spammed landlord

he showed up

i'm home

You rekindled her bonfire.

rdytoroll

I just know that I'm gonna spend the first few hours tonight running around the first area a dozen times in fear of missing anything, while people will already be at the 4th boss or so lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just know that I'm gonna spend the first few hours tonight running around the first area a dozen times in fear of missing anything, while people will already be at the 4th boss or so lol

I didnt realise it was a race

SkylineRKR

Holy shit music is fucking flawless in this. Title theme, first boss theme... both great stuff.

Was walking around for ages in FS to find every single thing, now in second area. So far the game is better than DS2 and on par with DS1. GOTY contender stuff but its way too soon still.

Jamesways

I cannot wait to play this tonight! Guess I'll be doing the overnight bottles for baby since I'll be up anyway.

Knight all the way.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So what's a typical Warrior stat allocation? I'm guessing strength, vigor, endurance and vitality? But in what ratio?

Mendrox

i climbed again, pipes

i told her

went to her place

charger

spammed landlord

he showed up

i'm home

Nice! I am still at my parents because I forgot my keys today too! I never have forgotten them once in my life time, but today. :) See you online bro.

Is the
Tower Key
worth 20,000 souls?

Yes, but you can get some items with a good timed jump. I don't have a video on the hand, but the key is for the tower on the right side of the shrine. If you turn around at the door there is a tree which you can use to jump on the roof of the shrine and get some items.

Did that too back then, but I still missed so much shit, because I went other directions after the second boss. Eekk... :)

hey yoshi what did you do on ds3 release day

oZ1FKTZh.jpg

oh gee man y'know relaxing with my buddy collector's edition and apocalypse edition, what about u

SHOULD I FUCKIBG DO IT

WHAT THE FUCK AM I EVEN DOING

N4KXCFDh.jpg

This isn't going to end well.

Update: now that I'm all caught up, I'm glad you got in safely.

shiroryu

How did they mess up magic?

What do you mean by this? I normally go a variation of a Knight and planned on doing magic this time around.

Pure sorcery is borked, should've been more specific. Haven't played it myself yet, but the Reddit and GAF majority consensus (as well a Mage playthrough by a streamer) is that sorcery is borked - spells take way too long to come out, aren't that powerful till endgame, things costing lots of mana instead of a fixed spell uses means you run out quickly unless you go with more ashen estus over regular estus.

Most importantly, From made the enemies and bosses faster and more aggressive, they close distances quickly. You will need a shield and a weapon.

i climbed again, pipes

i told her

went to her place

charger

spammed landlord

he showed up

i'm home

Should've stayed at her place and see if she wants to embrace Havel's Rock ;)

Holy shit music is fucking flawless in this. Title theme, first boss theme... both great stuff.

Was walking around for ages in FS to find every single thing, now in second area. So far the game is better than DS2 and on par with DS1. GOTY contender stuff but its way too soon still.

You ain't seen nothin' yet, friendo ;-)

dealer-

I'll take my sweet time to savor every waking moment I eat this delicious dish, it's not every day a Souls game is released.

I always mainline the bosses on a first run through then settle down and do everything and take my time the during the second playthrough. First run on DS3 took 25 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom