• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabel

I have no idea how the game will run on my PC. hopefully I can get max settings with a good framerate.

i5-6600K
R9 270

Same here

Xeon E3-1230V3 (basically an i7 4770)
24GB RAM
R9 270X 2GB

The biggest concern is my 270x, which is basically a HD7870 which is from 2012.
I hope I can get 60FPS on mid/high.

ApharmdX

Banned
I just got my Steam copy purchased. 7 hours until unlock? That would put it right when I'm getting off work... not bad. I played Bloodborne compulsively for the last two weeks getting ready for this day :D

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Can anyone explain
the hollowing system in this game please?
im confused

Yoel of Londor, an NPC you find in Undead Settlement, offers "free" levels up at Firelink Shrine, once he relocates there. These "free" levels, brands you with the Dark Sigil. From here on out, the more you die, the more you hollow. There's a stat counter of it. You need to deepen your hollowing before he offers you all 5 level ups. This is required to finish his quest.

Eventually a key item you can bring to the Fire Keeper allows you to cure the Dark Sigil, and thus ending the questline. Otherwise, you can buy a ring from another NPC Yuria of Londor, which makes your character look normal even if hollow, as well as purging stones to reduce your total hollowing. All of this is basically a big quest to nab you one of the 3 endings.

Just started playing. Beat the first mini boss and boss no problems first try. Game is a Fucking cake walk after Bloodborne Chalice Dungeons.

WGMBY

I feel like I should hold off on getting this until I finish the Bloodborne DLC, but I probably won't be able to resist. I put more time into DaS than any other game I can think of recently. It was my go-to "comfort" game for about 2 years after it came out on PC.

I feel like I should hold off on getting this until I finish the Bloodborne DLC, but I probably won't be able to resist. I put more time into DaS than any other game I can think of recently. It was my go-to "comfort" game for about 2 years after it came out on PC.

We're in the exact same boat. Still haven't managed to beat the DLC...

takriel

You'll love this one, then.

MilkBeard

Just got me EU CE Steelbook. God damn, now that is a fucking fine Steelbook. Finally, the one from DSII was a disgrace and even the one from Bloodborne was kinda disapointing. Thanks Bamco!
The DSII steelbook was absolutely horrid. Mine got crushed in shipment, I'm assuming because it has a weird bubbled texture that doesn't lay flat with other things.

DPB

Has anyone in Europe who pre-ordered the PC retail version had it dispatch yet? I bought it from Zavvi in March, but it's still stuck in the dreaded "Awaiting stock pick" stage. And like Amazon UK, it's listed as out of stock, unlike the console versions which are still available to buy.

I'm starting to think I should just cancel my order and get it for a few pounds more from GMG.

Heartfyre

Even though Amazon UK still says my CE will ship today, it still has not. Fortunately, up to last week, I though the EU release date was this Friday, so overall, I'm feeling very patient about the whole thing.

At this point, I think Yoshi is crying in his hallway, clutching his pipe grime-covered hands to his CE and listening to his cat meowing.

Has anyone in Europe who pre-ordered the PC retail version had it dispatch yet? I bought it from Zavvi in March, but it's still stuck in the dreaded "Awaiting stock pick" stage. And like Amazon UK, it's listed as out of stock, unlike the console versions which are still available to buy.

I'm starting to think I should just cancel my order and get it for a few pounds more from GMG.

PC Amazon UK: Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

xinek

I did an online order for pick up in store at Best Buy and they just called me to let me know my item was ready for pick up today. What are the chances I'll actually leave the store with the game today when I stop over in my lunch break?

Same here -- someone else also said retail copies were available today. I'm going to give them a call here in a few minutes and confirm I can pick it up.

E92 M3

Yoel of Londor, an NPC you find in Undead Settlement, offers "free" levels up at Firelink Shrine, once he relocates there. These "free" levels, brands you with the Dark Sigil. From here on out, the more you die, the more you hollow. There's a stat counter of it. You need to deepen your hollowing before he offers you all 5 level ups. This is required to finish his quest.

Eventually a key item you can bring to the Fire Keeper allows you to cure the Dark Sigil, and thus ending the questline. Otherwise, you can buy a ring from another NPC Yuria of Londor, which makes your character look normal even if hollow, as well as purging stones to reduce your total hollowing. All of this is basically a big quest to nab you one of the 3 endings.

How deep does it have to before accepting all of the levels?

LFYDCYKB.jpg

How can you get
Yuria
armor set?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
How can you get
Yuria
armor set?

Kill her, give her ashes to the Dark Souls II old lady and she sells it. Or you can finish the entire Hollow quest, kill the final boss, get the ending and her stuff will be at Firelink Shrine on the floor.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Based on the title I thought this was the DS3 thread but judging by the stream advertisement in the OP and the last few pages I guess I accidentally wandered into the Yoshichan OT.

Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom