• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

So, these two
dragons
over the bridge, how the hell am i supposed to get past them? The
floors always covered with fire so you can't run and they're spewing fire constantly

Find a way
to drop down halfway across. You can make your way to an area inside where you can find a way to kill the dragons.. or just tank roll past the fire when you're at that point. They're not hard to kill though.

I can't believe people complained about weapons in Bloodborne. So far I played 2 Dark Souls games (2 and 3) and not a single weapon I used was as interesting as any of the weapons in Bloodborne... Some of the Boss Souls weapons seem like they could be cool, but they are so difficult to upgrade that I will be done with the game by the time those become usable (I'm 3 bosses away from beeing done).

Question about a NPC quest :
Anri of Astora leaves a summon sign outside the gate in Anor Londo. You fight Aldrich with her. If i solo the boss, will the summon sign still be here? Or will it disappear and thus ending her quest line?
edit : got the answer

Ogawa-san

Am I just imagining things, or does the Washing Pole apply bleed faster than Uchi?

Pole+6 and Uchi+7, both sharp, I could get a proc on those hand-faced giants in three hits.

Am I just imagining things, or does the Washing Pole apply bleed faster than Uchi?

Pole+6 and Uchi+7, both sharp, I could get a proc on those hand-faced giants in three hits.

You can check the bleed stat of both weapons in your status screen. I think both are 34 (game ain't on right now), so it's probably your imagination.

spyder_ur

So I bought the tower key and
found the crow talking to me.
But how do I actually interact with it?
Can't seem to interact with it from the beams or the roof.

So I bought the tower key and
found the crow talking to me.
But how do I actually interact with it?
Can't seem to interact with it from the beams or the roof.

"Leave" (Leave, not "Discard") items on the ground for it that you don't want. If it wants the item, then you'll get something different when you pick the orange glowy item back up.

Or you could look up the full trade list online if you don't wanna just test stuff randomly.

PFD

don't know if this the right place to ask but,
where did you, pc guys, buy the game?
steam is 59€, gmg 52€ (found voucher 'APR20' but doesn't work). i'd gladly pay less: is there any other trustworthy eshop to check?
thanks

I got it directly off Steam. It was $66 Canadian, which isn't too bad, considering games usually cost $80 Canadian nowadays.

I missed the $5 pre-order discount cause I waited too long, but I don't regret it. Been enjoying every minute

Korosenai

I have not been able to summon anyone into my game in like two days, and every time it says unable to summon phantom then my game just glitches and i have to hard reset my game because it won't let me use any items and then i get an infinite loading screen.

Ferr986

Dat difficulty jump at
Castle Lothric
. those knights have a shitton of HP for being regular mocks and they just turtle all the time.

Question time again:

When I use a shriving stone, does it only get rid of your infusion or also your reinforcements? I have the Deep Battle Axe upgraded to +4 and would like to 'exchange' Dark damage for something else but I'm assuming if I use the shriving stone it reverts it to a standard Battle Axe? It wouldn't be a Standard Battle Axe +4 correct?

Quoted for new page

Anri questline

So, he appeared dead in Anor Londo. According to Yuria i was supposed to met him there to marry (???), but i found his corpse in the altar... Then a pilgrim gave me a sword and i performed some kind of ritual.

What the hell is happening??

Finally had the time to dive in and played for 2 hours. Had some diffifult time at
the high walls of Lothric
. Feels more difficult than the starting areas of DS1 and 2. Choose deprived btw, probably not helping.

Don't understand all the references like
the throne and the giants. Is Lothric Drangleic?

KHlover

Banned
If I die in the fight against the
Prince of Lothric
, do I really have to start back at the
Grand Archives
bonfire or did I miss one?

myco666

10 Proofs of a Concord Kept in two hours. Thanks to Novocaine I got a little boost in droprates but it is still really bad. Still need 15 of those and I am done with this farming and can go to NG+ finally.

Sullichin

I can't believe people complained about weapons in Bloodborne. So far I played 2 Dark Souls games (2 and 3) and not a single weapon I used was as interesting as any of the weapons in Bloodborne... Some of the Boss Souls weapons seem like they could be cool, but they are so difficult to upgrade that I will be done with the game by the time those become usable (I'm 3 bosses away from beeing done).
They're not as flashy, but I much prefer the weapon variety in Souls games. I always want to do multiple playthroughs but in BB never felt the need to make more than one character.

What weapons are good for Raw upgrades. I have tried both the Claymore and Astora's sword. Preferred Astora's sword.

I will be staying pretty low on STR and DEX (20/20 max) so what are the weapons that will have a decent amount of base damage that can be taken down the RAW path? I dont mind dual wielding.

Rurunaki

Anri questline

So, he appeared dead in Anor Londo. According to Yuria i was supposed to met him there to marry (???), but i found his corpse in the altar... Then a pilgrim gave me a sword and i performed some kind of ritual.

That is "marrying" him/her. Basically siphoning his/her dark circle. Yuria made it that Anri is killed at the Irithyl Church which is the crux of the quest: kill the assassin at the church or let him kill Anri.

Anybody have any tips for this game. Other than "get good." I played Demons Souls and made it halfway through before I stopped for some reason. Played Dark Souls 2 and didnt like it. I'm pretty determined to get into this one. I'm just not very good. I inch my way through every level. I havent got to the first real boss yet and I'm just crap at the game.

I mean I just might not be good at these damn games....

The biggest thing for me and where the game finally clicked was realizing that there isn't a single encounter in this game you can take lightly, every single clash could be one that kills you and if you treat anything like a "trash mob" than you will die and you will not enjoy the game at all.

Aside from that the game is honestly pretty open, almost any way you build your character can be viable as long as you're smart about it (trying to spread your points across all the stats will just make you a jack of shit). I think having a firm understanding of how the stats work and what they affect is big and I honestly wouldn't feel bad about reading a wiki on anything that confuses you when you're looking at your character sheet or understanding a weapons stats.

Once you got those things down I'd say the biggest thing is don't be afraid of death! It happens to the best of us and it's just an opportunity to figure out what you did wrong and learn from it. Take it slow.

myco666

Prince of Lothric
Grand Archives

You missed a shortcut.
There is a elevator right beside the boss door that leads close to Dragonslayer Armor bonfire.

I think that what here makes you want to play again with a different character build, in Bloodborne were the unique weapons that drove you to play the game more times.

Nephtes

Anri questline

weddings in Lothric are... Different...

Congratulations though!
you make a cute... Dead... Couple.

Just beat it, my god that final boss is just a kick right in the feels. Not going to spoil it but if you're a fan of these games then you'll understand that the final boss is as much a love letter as it is a kick in the nuts.

Just a shame that much like the original Dark Souls, this game
kinda goes to shit after Anor Londo :/
Lothric Castle
is my favorite area in the series I have no idea what you're on about. I'd say the areas before Irythyll are weakest in the game, but obviously still really good.
Profaned Capitol
is pretty weak too.

Demoskinos

Did i fuck up the A
nri
of A
stora
questline?

I talked to her in the first place you find her then again in firelink but apparently forgot to talk to her in the room next to the skeleton ball before killing horace and now she is nowhere to be found.

muteant

i'm getting my scrawny ass turned inside-out brundle-style by
pontiff
. currently level 40 with an indecisive/experimental build choosing amongst a few +6 weapons with different infusions. is going the scantily-clad two-handing rolltroll route simply unwise against this guy? i tried tanking it and he made just as short work of me. i'm not exaggerating: quite literally I'm doing about 10% damage to him before big red text fades up on my screen. not sure what method to focus on, am loathe to read or watch "guides" on my first playthrough, but i'm not going to shield my eyes from some solicited advice from a fellow unkindled =)

Anri questline

I just figured this is how you get married in Dark Souls, since you know, nothings ever pleasant in this world.

Prince of Lothric
Grand Archives

Edit:
the lift is to the right of the L
othric
fight, just before the entrance turn right and and you have to unlock that lift first

SDCowboy

Aldrich
has be about to give up. I can't kill it on my own, and many of the people I summon somehow get killed faster than me. lol

Astral

It's so satisfying when my Uchi causes bleed. Will a sharp Uchi still cause bleed pretty easily if I pump up my Luck or should I just create a bleed infused weapon?

Don't think I have a lightning gem right now. Doesn't matter anymore though, I got the spell.

You get lightning weapons later on than other upgrades but they are the ones that scale most with faith even if you don't really need the damage type. And like I said if you want a weapon that has less skill scaling but more base damage from faith, astora straight sword.

GeeTeeCee

I'm still pretty early in the game, at the U
ndead
S
ettlement
. I found a covenant item sitting alone in a locked room, and even though I tried to read around spoilers I'm pretty sure I'm missing something there...

Also, I didn't appreciate the fact that a purple phantom NPC could shrug off my Claymore hits like they were nothing. Even worse, I went in for a backstab only to watch as the enemy magically teleported behind me to do its own backstab. From are apparently giving npc phantoms lag powers to match the real thing.

Nephtes

Did i fuck up the A
nri
of A
stora
questline?

I talked to her in the first place you find her then again in firelink but apparently forgot to talk to her in the room next to the skeleton ball before killing horace and now she is nowhere to be found.

Have you checked
on the ledge BEFORE the bridge to Lord Wolnir?

Edit:
also, which skeleton ball? She appears by the first one, not the second...

Jellie

Question regarding Yuria quest line
Are you meant to look hollow even when embered? I thought if embered you wouldn't be hollow. Also what happens if you unhollow post game. Will she still get mad?

Respect

I also noticed the bonfire that is to the left (if you are facing the temple to the boss
Aldrich
) at the
Anor Londo
bonfire. How do you get there?

They're not as flashy, but I much prefer the weapon variety in Souls games. I always want to do multiple playthroughs but in BB never felt the need to make more than one character.

I think that what here makes you want to play again with a different character build, in Bloodborne were the unique weapons that drove you to play the game more times.

I can see going from light weapon with some magic to heavy weapon, but not from heavy weapon on playthrough #1 and then magic only on playthrough # 2. Are there that many people who play these games that differently on each playthrough? Personally it's rare that I finish NG+, so it's not a concern at all for me...

so hey, where are the illusory walls? i see messages telling me there's an illusory wall but nope, never. happened like 6-7 times now and it's getting annoying. are people REALLY leaving the msgs and even up-voting them, when they're just a troll?

i just want to find ONE that is actually an illusory wall, goddamnit.

i'm supposed to hit the wall right, like always? and not kick or roll at it or something..

Demoskinos

Have you checked
on the ledge BEFORE the bridge to Lord Wolnir?

The little side path? Yeah. She's not there either. =| Haven't killed big skeleton bro either yet. Eh, whatever If I fucked it up this time I supposed I'll just do it on NG+ since I have to re-play for all the trophies anyways.

I also noticed the bonfire that is to the left (if you are facing the temple to the boss
Aldrich
) at the
Anor Londo
bonfire. How do you get there?

go down the rotating platform and step out from the bridge that seems to go nowhere, you can walk on air, and then when you're close to the bonfire go in a 90 degree angle so you can drop off at it

Big Brett

so hey, where are the illusory walls? i see messages telling me there's an illusory wall but nope, never. happened like 6-7 times now and it's getting annoying. are people REALLY leaving the msgs and even up-voting them, when they're just a troll?

i just want to find ONE that is actually an illusory wall, goddamnit.

i'm supposed to hit the wall right, like always? and not kick or roll at it or something..

Hm, did you hit them hard enough?

Need help beating
Yhorm.

I just don't understand the Storm Ruler weapon mechanics. Can someone just explain real quick how I'm supposed to use it? Controls and such?

what-ok

i'm getting my scrawny ass turned inside-out brundle-style by
pontiff
. currently level 40 with an indecisive/experimental build choosing amongst a few +6 weapons with different infusions. is going the scantily-clad two-handing rolltroll route simply unwise against this guy? i tried tanking it and he made just as short work of me. i'm not exaggerating: quite literally I'm doing about 10% damage to him before big red text fades up on my screen. not sure what method to focus on, am loathe to read or watch "guides" on my first playthrough, but i'm not going to shield my eyes from some solicited advice from a fellow unkindled =)
Hear that. Not sure on any strat. I am however able to help others kill him successfully but not having luck with people helping me.

Sullichin

I can see going from light weapon with some magic to heavy weapon, but not from heavy weapon on playthrough #1 and then magic only on playthrough # 2. Are there that many people who play these games that differently on each playthrough? Personally it's rare that I finish NG+, so it's not a concern at all for me...

Yeah definitely. Build after build for me. Or builds to invade/coop in certain areas which wasn't as easy in Bloodborne either.

Nephtes

The little side path? Yeah. She's not there either. =| Haven't killed big skeleton bro either yet. Eh, whatever If I fucked it up this time I supposed I'll just do it on NG+ since I have to re-play for all the trophies anyways.

You checked the side room by the
first skeleton ball right? It would be to the left of the stairway down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom