• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylas

The parry was always L2, so that doesn't make any sense. Unless your weapon art is only activated with the two-handed mode.

Not all shields can parry. Some allow you to use your main weapon's weapon art instead of parrying.

could i get quick tip and suggestions on the pyromancer class.

thats the class i wanna try out. im not a pro at DS but i did beat BB. please advise i need quick answers

What do you want to know? You throw fireballs. Pyromancy scales off of int and faith. It's pretty strong this time around.

Gbraga

The parry was always L2, so that doesn't make any sense. Unless your weapon art is only activated with the two-handed mode.

Think of parry as if it was a shield Battle Art. Not every shield has this, mind you, some of them have no battle art, so this means you can use your weapon's art by pressing L2 without going two handed.

So yeah, not every shield can parry now.

ogbg

Depends on the shield. Some shields let you use your weapon art but you can't parry, some let you parry but you can't use your weapon art

Sylas

Yeah. I dunno, everything else is fine. I just can't read them. I had a harder time with them than one of the bosses. Feels cheap design to me. Once I get it I'm sure it'll be fine, but it doesn't seem great to me.

You can
kill the enemies they pop out of before they pop out.
Other than that, you need to rush them down if they pop.

Vuze

Quick question for you guys who managed to get a pre-release version on PC... did anyone play it on PC with the DualShock 4? And if yes, did you use DirectInput (i.e. the game recognizes the DS4 without additional programs it and displays PS button prompts, like Black Ops III and TrackMania Turbo did) or did you have to use DS4Windows?
Just hooked up the DS4, didn't recognize the input. I don't have the wrapper set up since I exclusively play with the XO-controller, so I can't test that... but I guess it should work.

Sanctuary

Think of parry as if it was a shield Battle Art. Not every shield has this, mind you, some of them have no battle art, so this means you can use your weapon's art by pressing L2 without going two handed.

So how the hell do you activate the weapon art of your main hand, if you have a shield that can parry as well? Always two-handed?

xkramz

What do you want to know? You throw fireballs. Pyromancy scales off of int and faith. It's pretty strong this time around.

so do i put skill points to int or faith? whats this talk of ppl saying the faith stat is broken at damage output, thus making putting points into it pointless?

oroboros

Depends on the shield. Some shields let you use your weapon art but you can't parry, some let you parry but you can't use your weapon art

OK cool thanks, I like this. It's a good tradeoff that some shields can't parry I think. I always thought that the shields that give like 100% physical block or a crazy good passive and could also parry were pretty OP. Now you might have to make more hard choices based on your playstyle and not just get everything in 1 item.

Sylas

so do i put skill points to int or faith? whats this talk of ppl saying the faith stat is broken at damage output, thus making putting points into it pointless?

You put points into both if you want your pyromancy to do more damage. Faith is only "broken" for Faith-centric builds that use miracles.

Honestly, worrying about that stuff for your first playthrough is a pretty bad way to play the game. You wind up spending more time looking up builds than playing the game itself.

The stat is not broken, the weapon scaling was (is?) broken for catalists and staff.

Piromancy is really powerful.

And I also think that magic is as well, at least at high level.

Sullichin

How is dual wielding. The exact same as DS2 or with new features and improvements?

Different. Power stance is gone. For the best really.
You can dual wield weapons normally and use one in left hand one in right hand etc, DS1 style

Some weapons have built-in dual wielding. When you press Y/triangle, you'll dual wield instead of two hand. The weapons will then have a different moveset and you can use the weapon skill as well.

Sylas

For everyone worrying about class...

It doesn't mean anything in the longterm. You can find the armor sets throughout the game. It just dictates what you start with/what stat points you start with.

Don't get too hung up on that stuff. The only thing you really have to worry about is how easy the first few areas are going to be, and you'll probably get a grasp on that within 10-15 minutes.

I'm new to DS. Is there a difference besides the stats?

No. They have different starting armors and spells and weapons, but that's it. You can find everything in the game, so starting stats are the only real difference.

I'm new to DS. Is there a difference besides the stats?

Starting weapon, items and spells.

Basically a class is a template of a certain playstyle, with points distributed in a manner that you can maximize stat distribution.

But DS games are flexible enough, that classes don't really matter if you feel like changing weapon or playstyle early in the game.

derwalde

Had to make a decision between knight and warrior. Ill take knight because with just two more int i can cast cameleon to troll a bit. :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pure magic sucks ass

Don't succumb

kabel

How can I listen to the OST that comes with the pre-order on steam?
Do I have to wait for the unlock? Why? Aren't that just some .mp3's?

Yeah. I dunno, everything else is fine. I just can't read them. I had a harder time with them than one of the bosses. Feels cheap design to me. Once I get it I'm sure it'll be fine, but it doesn't seem great to me.

Yeah, I fucking hate those things; killing them without spells is really tough. I found the first boss much easier than them. There's also a strong sub-boss a little later on that killed me a bunch, so I think DS3 lays it on a bit too thick with the "strong enemies that aren't bosses".

ogbg

Yeah, I fucking hate those things; killing them without spells is really tough. I found the first boss much easier than them (haven't got much further). There's also a strong sub-boss a little later on that killed me a bunch, so I think DS3 lays it on a bit too thick with the "strong enemies that aren't bosses".

firebombs

klier

PS4 question, please help:

I pre-ordered the regular version in the PSN store on my PS4, but all it downloaded was that soundtrack and nowhere can I find the actual game!!

What's up and what can I do to fix this? I should notice that a friend of mine has my primary PS4, and he is already downloading the game, yet I cannot find the game anywhere on this secondary system I am using.

Help for the love of God, I need my Souls fix tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom