• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonBlack

dks368uua.png

What is going on here?

Just the natural evolution of Dark Souls.

Vire

Posted in the Steam thread by accident:

Can someone please tell me when it is going to available on PSN EST time? I'm seeing conflicting reports all over the place.

12 AM, 1 AM , 6 PM?

Which one is it lol.

Moosehole

Can someone please tell me when it is going to available on PSN EST time? I'm seeing conflicting reports all over the place.

12 AM, 1 AM , 6 PM?

Which one is it lol.
My countdown timer on my PS4 ends at 12AM Eastern.

NeonBlack

12 AM, 1 AM , 6 PM?

Which one is it lol.

As far as I know 6PM is only Steam. It should just be 12AM like all other games. Isn't there a countdown timer?

Moff

could i get quick tip and suggestions on the pyromancer class.

thats the class i wanna try out. im not a pro at DS but i did beat BB. please advise i need quick answers

apparently they scale with int and faith, dextery might be important for casting speed.
I'm interested in that as well, is it ok to focus on some dex weapons or should we focus completely on int/faith?

oroboros

I'm a fan of the heater shield. It weights less and supposedly has a larger parry window. My Spider Shield is always ready when I need to protect against poison, though.

I always use the heater shield. I love that thing. It seems maybe too damn good. 100% block, good parry, super light.

Loto

I ordered the 'Day One' PS4 edition from Amazon in January...says it's arriving on Thursday?!? It's been my experience that Amazon does release day delivery for games (with Prime, at least).

Same here, kind of lame. It's not even shipping until Tuesday.

Navy Bean

NPC question:
is there a quest associated with the guy who is just chilling and sitting on the steps in firelink shrine? I got sick of him by the second playthrough and killed him lol.

Onemic

Gonna try and go for a Warrior/Magic hybrid. I'll probably go with Pyromancer as my starting class for the first time ever.

I ordered the 'Day One' PS4 edition from Amazon in January...says it's arriving on Thursday?!? It's been my experience that Amazon does release day delivery for games (with Prime, at least).

I've had my Collectors Edition on pre-order since the day they were announced for North America, I believe back in late November 2015. Also arriving Thursday.

However, I decided to buy the game for a friend for his birthday and his Day One copy that I ordered maybe a month ago is shipping now and will probably arrive on time. No update to my collector's edition. What the hell, Amazon?

That said, tomorrow is my last day off before I return to work this week. I've been looking forward to this game, and particularly having Tuesday to play it, for a long time -- so screw it, gonna go to nearby GameStop and double dip so I can ensure I can play during some time off. I have barely been able to restrain myself from using the region swap trick on Xbox One to get in early. I still want my Collector's Edition stuff, so I'm going to give the spare copy to a friend once the Collector's finally arrives...

Dominator

Question for everyone:

I can get the game for free for Xbox One, but kinda want to play on PS4. Is PS4 version superior or are they similar enough? Feels like free is the best way to go all the time but if there's performance issues I'll probably go with PS4.

pablito

Damn that's a bummer. The last couple of Amazon preorders didn't make it for me on time. SF5, Bloodborne, Witcher 3. I would stop ordering from them if it wasn't for that I got Prime and the 20% discount. But mine is out for delivery today and I had only preordered after I saw some stream footage...so after March 21.

klier

Did you get confirmation it was bought then? Do you see the countdown timer when you go to the game or just the price of the game?

It suddenly appeared in my DL list. VERY strange, never seen this before and I download almost every game! But in the end everything is fine now and the game is downloading! YAY, thanks for the help!!

Gonna do no shield,deprived,dex build for my first playthrough. Also hope my poor Gtx580 will hold up well :(

You'll probably be fine, you're just gonna have to play on a mix of medium and low settings to keep the framerate above 30 at all times (except for the super CPU-intensive areas Durante has been talking about, which nobody will be able to keep a good framerate in).

If you want solid 60, you're going to have to sacrifice a lot of graphical fidelity for it.

Good news, they keep improving performance on the PC version.

Dark Souls 3 Patch 1.1 Now Runs Over 30 FPS At Ultra 1080p On Low-End Graphics Card

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?ne...0 FPS At Ultra 1080p On Low-End Graphics Card

I feel like they're confusing 1.03 and 1.1. Their "1.1 PC update" link goes back to the 1.03 article. Why would they skip from 1.03 straight to 1.1? Nothing about a patch on Fromsoft's Twitter or the DS3 site either. Guess we'll find out in 3 hours. Good news if so.

Good you kindled her bonfire excellent (glad your save!)

DAT HELP :D <3 souls community.

CfyDuKYXEAAKzCq.jpg

Been helping out for about an hour now and got almost 25K souls and about 20 embers awesome if you want to buy a lot and grind for some embers early on.
Just make sure you don't use the souls to level yourself out of the area.

So glad to hear it. Sunbro'ing is by far my most favorite activity.

Mollymauk

Hmm. Mine says shipping today on the Your Orders screen, but says shipping Tuesday on the track package screen (says arriving Thursday there as well). I've always gotten day one releases from amazon so I'm going to trust that it'll get here tomorrow. :/

AngryMoth

Felt like I might of got my fill from the japanese version but fuck it, preloading on steam now so I can invade up a storm come midnight

Daante

Friday vacation approved from my chief earlier today.

My DS3 journey starts thursday night.

Eeeh hyyyyyyyyypeeeeeeeeeee

SoulUnison

Banned
Anybody know what the character name limit is on PC?
Is there any trick for getting around it like Big Picture mode for Dark Souls II?

I love giving my characters NPC style names so people don't know if I'm a real human or just a helpful computer.

Geist-

2 1/2 hours. Anyone else considering starting with Deprived? I feel like it will be the most flexible class when it comes to respeccing, so I can try out a lot of builds. And building myself up from practically nothing appeals to me greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom