• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

OMG! Yoshichan is still alive!
for now

I can finally rest my head and sleep

Edit: oh, hello there, top of the page!

wbEMX

I love giving my characters NPC style names so people don't know if I'm a real human or just a helpful computer.

I played through Scholar of the First Sin on PC recently and I often did not know if the player I summoned was a NPC or not due to the names. I got confused on some occasions, but it was pretty funny to me. :D

EDIT: Well, okay. In some cases players I summoned had banned names, so it was obvious there.

dealer-

Question for everyone:

I can get the game for free for Xbox One, but kinda want to play on PS4. Is PS4 version superior or are they similar enough? Feels like free is the best way to go all the time but if there's performance issues I'll probably go with PS4.

Take the free Xbox One game, sell it and then get it for PS4 :p

E92 M3

2 1/2 hours. Anyone else considering starting with Deprived? I feel like it will be the most flexible class when it comes to respeccing, so I can try out a lot of builds. And building myself up from practically nothing appeals to me greatly.

Go for it. Deprived is a really fun way to play and theoretically what would happen if "Dark Souls was real."

Zeliard

Think I'm gonna start with Mercenary since you only need to put 1 point into STR to use the
Uchigatana
, which you can apparently find early on. Thief is tempting for its initial High luck, since I want to go Bleed, but I think I'd rather grab a Katana early on and then boost Luck afterwards if it really scales that well.

daammyy

Wth...psn store doesnt let me buy anything. Says my card is invalid yet im using paypal and it works (just bought something else)

I'm getting out of work at 10pm today, fucking blessed. Drive home, eat something, 11pm, rage at the decryption time, play some motherfucking Souls.

giphy.gif

Unai

2 1/2 hours. Anyone else considering starting with Deprived? I feel like it will be the most flexible class when it comes to respeccing, so I can try out a lot of builds. And building myself up from practically nothing appeals to me greatly.

Go for it. Deprived is a really fun way to play and theoretically what would happen if "Dark Souls was real."

I'm going with Deprived as well. This time it's a much better class than in the other 2 games I think, since it starts with good stats at level 1.

Finalow

at high levels with the right rings and items sorceries are the best offensive spells as far as PvP goes, so it's not true that they completely suck. of course they're still very easy to dodge, but not as easy as pyromancies or miracles. //here's my WoG with a 20seconds long casting time!//
a lot of people like to spam Forbidden Sun (pyromancy) and it's probably the spell with the highest damage output but the only way to get hit by it is if you're somehow incapable of rolling.

I'm mostly referring to PvE, because trying to predict PvP meta in these games is futile. For all we know somebody could discover a one-shot Sorcery build that ends up warping the meta.

Samey doesn't mean literally the same, it means similar. Here are the basic points. This is spoiler-y with regards to mechanics and balance, but not plots or locations.
-
tl;dr, light weight builds play more similarly to heavy builds than they have in the previous Dark Souls games. Some may have strong preferences for doing the heavy builds, but medium & light will have only slightly worse armor than the heavier builds.
since you mentioned builds I assumed the discussion was about PvP.
PvE yeah, whatever, shields have always been safer and ''better'', except when against (some) bosses. whereas in PvP turtling up means giving the opponent 90% of the time a free riposte / free kill since hornet ring is a thing.

Dutchman

Neo Member
Gonna do no shield,deprived,dex build for my first playthrough. Also hope my poor Gtx580 will hold up well :(

I'm playing like that exactly. It's tough but fair. Seeing reports of people finishing the game in 20 hours, try running around naked only with a dual wield weapon. At 24 hours atm and no end in sight.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was supposed to be 11pm GMT? Steam says 3 hours which would be midnight.

Kaibutsu

oh wow, there were still a few of those Praise the Sun hoodies from that kickstarter available on the guy's site. Was able to snag one :)
praise_the_sun_-_solaire_pullover_light_hoodie_662b2aab.jpg

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Guys started with knight and spent all my souls to upgrade vigor to level 18, should i continue pumping vigor to level 20+ or its enough for early game sections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom