• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
The artbook that comes with the collector's edition is really nice. It's 200 pages long and is actually titled "The Art of the Dark Souls Trilogy" so it encompasses all 3 games.

oroboros

I've got a good few games in my backlog... I still have Bloodborne to play through... But I'm feeling the pull of the hype. I would really like to jump into a souls at launch for the first time to see what that experience is like..

Ahhhh what to do.

If you got the means and time, there is literally no better time to play a new Souls game than with peak players and a majority who haven't figured out every little thing.

dmr87

Me in one hour.

avgncastlerekuy.gif

The artbook that comes with the collector's edition is really nice. It's 200 pages long and is actually titled "The Art of the Dark Souls Trilogy" so it encompasses all 3 games.

That's cool. Something I will miss with a digital copy.

Hope there's a Design Works coming for this.

I think I'll get this game. Too bad there's no demo to see if I will like it or not just to be sure but well, with all the praise is getting I think I should be safe.

jonjonaug

Undead sewer NPC spoilers
Anyone know what Request Absolution/Request Dissolution does?

If it's like the other games, Absolution clears your "sin" score (which causes you to be invaded by a certain covenant) while Dissolution would abandon your covenant without any or lesser penalties.

I'm helping other players beat the first proper boss. Do you seriously only get one of each estus flask when sunmoned? Why? That wasn't the case in DS1.

Do bosses have more health than in single player or not?

Navy Bean

Before I get this tomorrow I want to be prepped, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me what is the best axe to use in the game, that can be obtained relativley early?

I played through DS SOTFS with an axe, so going that route again.

I've been using a
Greataxe
on my second character and it's a fantastic weapon. Can be acquired very early but you need relatively high stats to equip
32 STR, 8 DEX

Dereck

Why is it releasing at 11PM GMT?

Just curious, is that actually April 12 in other countries?

Goes to Google to learn more about GMT.

SoulUnison

Banned
I honestly don't care how you play the game, or anything of the sort. I've got no elitism about Dark Souls single vs co-op. I've wanted to play an entire run with my friend someday.

But it's basically the unofficial easy mode for Dark Souls. Like using the invulnerability buff in Mario. Sure, it's in the game, but it's not really designed to be played that way.

It's actually one of my gripes with the Dark Souls series. I wish they scaled the bosses health to the amount of players in your game, and that progression/boss clearing happened for everyone involved. Instead of having to clear everything multiple times.

It's not very good co-op imo.

Um, the games do exactly that.
And it's kind of a non-starter to say "they weren't designed to be played the way they were designed to be played."

"I don't have any elitism about this, but here's why it's not intended to be used and why everybody who uses it is playing on Easy Mode."

oroboros

I think I'll get this game. Too bad there's no demo to see if I will like it or not just to be sure but well, with all the praise is getting I think I should be safe.

Getting it on PC Steam? You'll have 2 hours to try it out and still get a refund if you don't like it.

eXistor

I have to say I'm just powering through the game. I usually have some real problems getting through them (finished them all though) but so far smooth sailing. Defeated 4 bosses with ease and I'm not dying nearly as much as previous games. I do feel they've made this one very accessable compared to the previous games, it's also the most linear one so far it seems. Not really complaining, though I do feel like the Souls games have run their course, this one doesn't really seem to add anything to the series (other than just being damn solid). Good stuff though.

AngryMoth

Late game NPC quest spoiler question. Does anyone know if a way has been found to
prevent grey rat from dying when he goes to lothric castle
?

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Has anyone else been playing Dark Souls 2 in anticipation?

I'm not even close to being done yet but my DS3 arrives tomorrow :(

Me, just beat
Fume Knight
(game++) last night and try to finish the last two boss
Sir Alonne and Darklurker
for my final trophy. Hope to finished tonight and start DS3 tomorrow.

Moving along! I think I'm doing alright.

just beat the cursed greatwood. weird boss. not very fun. interesting item reward.. not really sure what it does yet, but it looks like its used for creating powerful weapons the pyromancy i picked up helped my herald a lot on this fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom