• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty

CfynxbcWQAEkOAB.jpg

It's too late for me, the coffee has been consumed.

At this point I feel like you can never go wrong with (Panel) (Man in full armour with visible sweat drop) (Optional Punchline Panel).
As a format... It's just so good.

Neoweee

Thankfully no. I think you mixed up best with worst.

There's some good stuff in those Chalice dungeons, but buried in the awful, grinding-based attunement for each one.

If players could skip straight to Defiled or Loran Chalices they would have been much better received. Instead, players had to slog through and grind the crapfests of Upper, Central, and Lower Pthumerian Chalices.

EndMerit

Why is it releasing at 11PM GMT?

Just curious, is that actually April 12 in other countries?

Goes to Google to learn more about GMT.

Europe is in the future, this is known.

I'm pretty hyped, though it is bit of a bummer that I won't have time to sit down and play before thursday, and that with my GTX 660, PS4 is the only option for me. Well, I trust that GAF will keep the hype up for awhile.

Get'sMad

so I've had the JPN version and am picking up a physical copy of the NA version tomorrow....will I have to uninstall the JPN version for the NA one to install? The JPN shows up on my main PSN account but its been locked and I can only play it on the dummy JPN account I created to DL it. can I still have both installed at the same time on my PS4 or no?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Man I wish this unlocked in PSN at 6pm EST too.

Ratrat

so I've had the JPN version and am picking up a physical copy of the NA version tomorrow....will I have to uninstall the JPN version for the NA one to install? The JPN shows up on my main PSN account but its been locked and I can only play it on the dummy JPN account I created to DL it. can I still have both installed at the same time on my PS4 or no?
I could with Bloodborne so it should be fine if not confusing.

Um, the games do exactly that.
And it's kind of a non-starter to say "they weren't designed to be played the way they were designed to be played."

"I don't have any elitism about this, but here's why it's not intended to be used and why everybody who uses it is playing on Easy Mode."

Do they actually scale? I've heard conflicting reports.

Either way my main gripe is the lack of progression when playing with someone else. I'd love to be able to make a co-op game from the very beginning, and play with a friend in a world that advances both of us forward. Having to do everything twice is...irritating.

Salt and Sanctuary did it much better in that regard.

I still stand by what I said regarding easy mode. Every experience I've ever had with a Souls Boss has been much easier in co-op. Either the health does not scale or it does not scale well enough.

CfynxbcWQAEkOAB.jpg

It's too late for me, the coffee has been consumed.

I finished the game with 1 hour sleep inbetween sessions,anyone planning to do something similar i recommend taking your nap after beating the network test boss, your gonna need your reaction time back after that boss :p

Late game NPC quest spoiler question. Does anyone know if a way has been found to
prevent grey rat from dying when he goes to lothric castle
?

I'd like to know this too.
Considering Siegward saves him when he goes to Irithyll and since there are no NPC's in Lothric maybe there's no way to save him?

Thankfully no. I think you mixed up best with worst.

The Chalice Dungeons in BB are awesome; they're optional so you can forgo them entirely if you like, but they contain a lot of cool items/alternate weapons (the same weapons as the main game but with different blood gem slots), and bosses that aren't in the main game. They also range from laughably easy to harder than anything in the main game, so they can appeal to everyone. Plus they're a great way of levelling up if you're having trouble in the main game.

The Chalice Dungeons strike a fantastic balance between being a great optional extra while also having enough substance to not feel like padding. The fact that they tie into the lore helps; they aren't just random caves devoid of context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom