• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have the right idea. Will need to finish having sex with girlfriend by 11pm for launch which means if I'm started by 10:55 should be good.

Anyone else have a plan?

Planning to choose warrior (16 STR, 9 DEX), level up DEX 3 times and then buy the halberd (16 STR, 12 DEX) at firelink shrine.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so jealous of everyone who gets to play this for the first time today.

Man I'm so excited for this. Only thing I'm concerned about is I found Bloodborne to be such an evolution in regards to combat that I feel I could be let down by this.

I really hope the combat system in this matches up as I LOVED the trick weapons and the variety they brought. Also quite liked the shooting to parry.

I was hoping to use in home streaming since my gaming PC in unavailable atm, but it isn't working :(

Guess I'm stuck waiting till tomorrow

Anno

As someone who's only played a bit of the past games, is there a good video/series of videos anyone would reccomend for catching up on the lore? And if I want to track down mechanics help should I just pour over the wiki? Thanks!

Hale_C

As someone who's only played a bit of the past games, is there a good video/series of videos anyone would reccomend for catching up on the lore? And if I want to track down mechanics help should I just pour over the wiki? Thanks!

Someone else posted this earlier.

Epic Name Bro and Vaati Vidya have very good lore series, but be prepared to sink a lot of time into it.

Wait this unlocks in 20 minutes? Steam's counter makes it sound like another hour.

And here I was coming to the thread to ask Yoshichan to get locked out for another hour of entertainment.

Scher

Do they actually scale? I've heard conflicting reports.

Either way my main gripe is the lack of progression when playing with someone else. I'd love to be able to make a co-op game from the very beginning, and play with a friend in a world that advances both of us forward. Having to do everything twice is...irritating.

Salt and Sanctuary did it much better in that regard.

I still stand by what I said regarding easy mode. Every experience I've ever had with a Souls Boss has been much easier in co-op. Either the health does not scale or it does not scale well enough.

I don't know about the scaling for the other games since I didn't do much coop with people in those, but the first Dark Souls gave the bosses an additional 50% health for each additional person you had. Since it's not, like, a 1:1 scaling for each person, this meant that keeping weapons up to date meant that outgoing damage scaled much better than the boss' health.

Shifty

Still says over an hour for me :(

image.php

SleepehSheep

Neo Member
My amazon order shipped for tomorrow. I could've swore I heard that amazon wasn't shipping the game until the 12th. It was previously saying it was gonna arrive on wednesday.

anddo0

You should have gotten release day delivery for free.

I don't have Prime, but have access to it. It didn't give me an option for free release day shipping. The only option was 1 day $7.99. I'm guessing it's because I didn't preorder until last Saturday.

TitusTroy

I wonder how many people are actually going in completely blind with no spoilers like me...I did watch the English trailer when it was released but that's it

SRTtoZ

I'm still torn between PS4 and PC versions. AHHHHHHH

I've stayed in the dark on purpose until now. Is DS3 more DS1 or DS2 world design?

ramyeon

How big is the day one patch on PS4? Am I gonna be waiting forever for that to download this morning once I pick up the game? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom