• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, as soon as the clock ticked 6:00pm EST, my download code was there. Woot. Now to deal with my insanely slow internet connection. Should be done downloading right as it's time for bed. =(

dmr87

8kNb.png

9kNb.gif

5 minutes. SSD bruuhs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ready to launch in approximately: 6 hours 34 minues

on a ssd. I should just delete and redownload tbh >_>

G_Berry

Banned
Now that it's out, will that mean that the Japan / English version I have will now be online? As good as the 27 hours have been that I've pumped into this masterpiece, it's been a tad lonely :(

Randam

wow, my first steam launch.

last 100mb take more time to download the the first 17.2gb..

why didn't they just download it all?
wtf?

SoulUnison

Banned
Do they actually scale? I've heard conflicting reports.

Either way my main gripe is the lack of progression when playing with someone else. I'd love to be able to make a co-op game from the very beginning, and play with a friend in a world that advances both of us forward. Having to do everything twice is...irritating.

Salt and Sanctuary did it much better in that regard.

I still stand by what I said regarding easy mode. Every experience I've ever had with a Souls Boss has been much easier in co-op. Either the health does not scale or it does not scale well enough.

I think people just have a different interpretation of the whole summon/invasion system than I do. That is to say, that doesn't make mine the "right" one, just one that is apparently more compatible to enjoying the game.

Being summoned or invading someone isn't for progression. It's so you can scout out an area ahead of yourself and get used to it without having to risk your own Humanity and souls, or be free to explore a chunk of it at your leisure as a Red Spirit at the risk of running into combat against another human opponent and being ousted.

Then when you're ready to do it "for real," you summon others to *your* world and make "real" progress.

After you know an area well and you're mostly there for fun or to go through as a new character, that's when you start dropping your sign just for fun and to help others, and by that time you're most likely relatively breezing through, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom