• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

I am going to attempt and play this; with a one week old newborn it will certainly be a challenging experience.

Wish me luck GAF. Dark Souls 3 and diaper changes here I fucking come.

Hixx

I'm an idiot. Three times while unpacking I got a disc write error. Rebooted Steam etc.

Turns out my shadowplay folder was like 500GB and I only had 4GB left on my 1TB drive. Whoops.

Yeah it recognizes my XBO controller giving me correct button prompts in menu but the game doesn't respond to anything on the controller.

Apparently, my XBO controller is up to date on updates. Need to keep digging to see where the issue is.

This is a wireless XBO controller - using the Microsoft wireless adapter.

I am going to attempt and play this; with a one week old newborn it will certainly be a challenging experience.

Wish me luck GAF. Dark Souls 3 and diaper changes here I fucking come.

You can do it. If your newborn wakes up cuddle with him and he will fall asleep on you. Play away!

devonodev

Nearly done unpacking. Been nearly done for a while.

vUjXzb3.gif

big fake

Is it me or is this much easier early on? 4 bosses in and max I have died is 4 times to one.

This game is a a step above Bloodborne visually for sure.

AND THE LORE IMPLICATIONS AREEEEE WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Okay I started the game and I have no problems with my Xbox One controller. To the guy who had problems, maybe try plugging in your controller before/after launching the game. Otherwise reinstall drivers.

Shifty

Just another 15 minutes and I can unpack and have technical problems with the rest of you. I can't wait!

Edit: So has anybody gotten a controller working yet? Wondering if they shipped with a busted XInput implementation.

Okay I started the game and I have no problems with my Xbox One controller. To the guy who had problems, maybe try plugging in your controller before/after launching the game. Otherwise reinstall drivers.

It's wireless and I tried having it on/off during boot up. Going to erase my drivers and re-install now.

Welp tried really hard to resist buying this and play my backlog instead while the game gets cheaper, but couldn't fight the urge any longer. $48 is a good deal anyway.
Really psyched for this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom