• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Best starting gift for a Warrior? I'm thinking Life ring or Soverengless soul.

Phionoxx

Is there a GAF specific password for matching in co-op like we had for Bloodborne? Didn't see one in the OP but may have missed it.

Sorral

It is hereeeeeeeeeeee!

wRaeQkF.jpg

I've only played 30 minutes of this and I already have a good feeling about it. The music and art direction is blowing my mind. What the hell, FROM?

Go_Ly_Dow

Does this game have a similar system to Bloodborne with regards to coop play? (with the bells)

I've never played a Souls game before, but completed and loved BB.

devonodev

I think the controller issue has to do with another device taking priority, I've had the issue with a game once before. You can either change the device priority somewhere in a Windows setting, or unplug it. I had to unplug my webcam to get my wireless 360 controller working in game.

Does this game have a similar system to Bloodborne with regards to coop play? (with the bells)

I've never played a Souls game before, but completed and loved BB.

Yes and no.

Co-op works like Dark Souls 2, you place a summon sing and someone summons you.

Invading works like BB, you use an item and you can keep playing until you find someone to invade.

Other covenants works differently, I'll let you experience those first hand.

Wookieomg

Guys if you're having trouble getting your DS4 to work with Dark Souls 3 using DS4Windows, follow these steps:

1) Make sure Steam isn't running at all.
2) Turn on your DS4 and connect it to your PC.
3) Turn on DS4Windows, making sure "Hide DS4" is selected in Settings. If all goes well, it should connect no problem with no errors.
4) Turn on Steam.
5) Start up Dark Souls 3.
6) Success!

I am currently using my Dual Shock 4 with Dark Souls 3 using this exact method. :) Good luck!

Phionoxx

Got a repeatable crash-to-desktop right at the starting bonfire. Does it every time I run back to it. Rebooted, etc. Sigh.

Sucks to hear this. Giant Bimb had the exact thing happen and seemed to fix it primarily by changing class to Knight, as weird as that sounds. Hoped it would have been fixed.

Anung

Un Rama
Guts build complete :D Got some Black Swordsman style armour, a crossbow and some pyro-flames for an arm-cannon.

Looks totally bad-ass.

Cool, game crashed right after hitting finalize on my character creation. Before that the preview locked up while creating a character.

Promising.

Edit: Whoa, it crashed Steam with it.

Less than 5 and a half hours until I can play the PS4 version here in California! It's not gonna download an update upon unlock, is it?Can I play right away once the timer is up?

Jesus playing this at 60 FPS feels good. Running at a smooth 60 at 2880x1620 so far. ~60-70% GPU utilization. DS4 working fine as well. I crash at 4k though :(

Robiin

Okay this tutorial boss is telling me I need to remember relearn how to play Souls. He's kicking my ass to be honest.

That intro was fantastic. Made me almost nostalgic!

I would really like to know why it is supposedly gonna take ~4 hours to start. Or more. What's up with it? Wasn't pre-loading supposed to prevent this?

I'm goin' crazy over here!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
huh, intro movie is all choppy for me...not a good sign >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom