• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Sucks to hear this. Giant Bimb had the exact thing happen and seemed to fix it primarily by changing class to Knight, as weird as that sounds. Hoped it would have been fixed.

Bizarrely enough, this worked. Started a Knight (was crashing with Merc) and it's smooth sailing...

EDIT - Spoke too soon, now I'm crashing at the 2nd bonfire. Fuck.

wamberz1

niMbUFr.png

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

haha first 10 minutes was awesome. During opening area there's the part with the turn back message and a crystalline type beast. Totally lured it to the mountain area and let it roll off a cliff easiest 4K souls and a Titanite Shard ever!

So good!

purg3

slept with Malkin
Hmm, well this is impossible to play pvp on xbox one right now, it's just dudes skating around, the lag is real. Anyone else having this issue on xbox one?

aravuus

I'm getting a weird sound bug where it resets the ambience of the background noises every time I switch items in the inventory.

Same here. Only problem so far with the PC version (aside from the obvious lack of borderless windowed). No crashing or nothing here.

Well I can't launch the game, I get a white screen with the mouse-cursor and then "Dark Souls III stopped working" will try to reboot now :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp, intro movie was choppy as shit for some reason (guess Ill youtube it) but the actual game is 60 fps maxed in the tutorial area.

Also, turn back message? lolno, I aint afraid of no ice lizards. thats a nice chunk of souls to start with I guess

Is anyone else noticing the Pre-Order option on the PS4 preload? For some reason it gives me the option to buy the game a second time even though I paid for it already. I haven't seen this on any of my other digital games.

vac

Neo Member
Wait, 20GB PLUS the original 18GB for the install??

Yes, you need 18GB of space to download the packed files into, then another 20GB to unpack the 18GB into their unpacked form.

Still downloading here, think I might just call it a night and jump in fresh in the morning when servers aren't being hammered.

Phionoxx

Bizarrely enough, this worked. Started a Knight (was crashing with Merc) and it's smooth sailing...

Word of warning, the class change to Knight seemed to severly reduce occurance rate of the crash, but they still had it happen randomly throughout the game. Just not nearly as often. Have to believe it will get fixed soon enough but it should have been done prior to worldwide launch!

Something is wrong with frame pacing on PC. 1-2 fps drops every few seconds no matter the settings or fps lock. Minor stutters resulting.

Have an i7 4771.

Anyone else having same issue?

I cannot for the life of me get my DS4 working with this. I've tried every trick out there with DS4Windows and Input Mapper and no luck. The Trackpad works once in game, but it doesn't recognize any buttons.

Aurongel

Make sure your controller is in exclusive mode and not shared mode. DS1 and I think 2 had the same issue. My guess is it exists with 3 as well.

yeah same...so freaking sad :(

Don't tell me such things I cannot play dark souls with a keyboard!!!

Did some research on this, setting DS4Windows to exclusive mode DOES fix my issue for the most part. In new versions of this software, it's been renamed to "Hide DS4" but it will work all the same.

"My unsupported controller running using unofficial software is not working."

More at 11.

Shut up.

Lazulic

sit at the first bonfire, driver crash and have to restart my whole computer. controller worked until it crashed

now whenever i start the game, right stick is forever turning the camera right and the controller inputs no longer work

what a fucking mess

Zeliard

I can't tell if it's because I haven't played Souls in a couple years but there's this odd delay between hitting the A/O button and the character dodging or backstepping that I don't recall in the previous games. Maybe I just need to get used to it again.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
After playing the choppy, ugly mess that was DS1 on PC DS3 feels almost orgasmic. So pretty and rock solid 60 so far. I did the
optional mob for the titanite
first try and I just got to my first bonfire!

masterkajo

I cannot for the life of me get my DS4 working with this. I've tried every trick out there with DS4Windows and Input Mapper and no luck. The Trackpad works once in game, but it doesn't recognize any buttons.

You did check the "Hide DS4 Controller" option right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom