• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phionoxx

Seems the crash at the first bonfire is a common one. How was this not picked up? I know Giant Bomb seemed to have an issue there but from the sounds of it pre-release, they were the only ones to have it. Everyone else seemed to be fine, I hadn't heard of a crash except from them.

I'm getting it too. Deprived, if that matters. Going to try it a couple more times but I guess I will have to be careful to go over the 2 hour limit. No good!

Ok I was able to fix my controller issue.

Make sure you have NO other controller connected to your PC.

I had a Madcatz Fightstick and a DS4 connected to my PC. Removing those and only leaving my Microsoft wireless adapter in, my XBO controller worked immediately.

Seems the crash at the first bonfire is a common one. How was this not picked up? I know Giant Bomb seemed to have an issue there but from the sounds of it pre-release, they were the only ones to have it. Everyone else seemed to be fine, I hadn't heard of a crash except from them.

They definitely weren't the only ones. Jim Sterling experienced it as well for sure.

Jin

Someone at reddit posted this:

A friend of mine had this problem. He solved it like this: Check your device manager and under "human interface devices" disable everything named "HID compliant game controller".

See if that works. I'm at work and getting anxious reading these controller issues. Anyone get their XB1 wireless controller working?

onken

Bah it's "released" on Steam for me but only the soundtrack downloaded and hasn't even started on the meat of the game, trying to run it just errors out with "missing executable"

My DS3 install currently says it will be ready in "more than 1 year." That's probably normal.

Why would you even include that verbiage?

Edit: And now it's down to 13 minutes. Whatever you say Steam.

Armaly

Alright got my DS4 working on pc!

You have to use ds4windows and make sure Steam, Discord, and Teamspeak are all closed before you launch ds4windows.

Whide

This is me. :)
cAX9lnU.jpg

Someone at reddit posted this:

See if that works. I'm at work and getting anxious reading these controller issues. Anyone get their XB1 wireless controller working?

Mine is working, but I've never had any issues using it on my PC with the wireless adapter so maybe I'm an exception?

HIUHAU

Cool. Whenever I approach the first bonfire the game crashes. Not to mention the character preview model also crashing when creating it.

aravuus

Made a katana-wielding red-headed female, decided to try putting down my summon sign next to the first bonfire of the first real area... And got summoned immediately by another katana-wielding red-headed female

Lol

Then I died unceremoniously

Zackat

2 crashes after the first bonfire. =/ Are there others with this problem? I am able to fight the boss once and then I get crashed right at the bonfire.

JKTrix

Cool. Whenever I approach the first bonfire the game crashes.
Hardest boss in dark souls 3 so far

I've managed to get past it, but then I made the mistake of going back. Now i'm stuck in a loop of spawning at the bonfire, walking away and crashing.

Zomba13

OK. So those with the crash try putting all the settings to low and windowed mode (maybe not needed?) and try again. It let me load in this time. I put my shield away and it seemed ok. I could then put the settings back to max and it seemed ok? Then I got my shield out and instantly crashed.

EDIT:
OK. Seems like setting Lighting to LOW fixes the crash? I can stand around the bonfire on max settings with my shield out as long as Lighting is Low.

Iorv3th

Trying to set up my steam controller before going in and can't save it or add a community binding without steam getting stuck in a loop.

nOoblet16

So steam isn't downloading that 100MB update for me, tried changing the data centre and it works for the first 5 seconds and then stops again.

Floody

2 crashes after the first bonfire. =/ Are there others with this problem? I am able to fight the boss once and then I get crashed right at the bonfire.

There was a bug that caused a crash after a bonfire when you start as any other character than the Knight, could be that. I thought they fixed it though.

RankFTW

Unconfirmed Member
Well after having just played an hour on PC gotta say that it's fucking amazing so far. Getting a solid 60fps at 1440p on a 980 and it just feels super smooth.

Hope I can get to sleep now and get up early for an all day session.

Iorv3th

So steam isn't downloading that 100MB update for me, tried changing the data centre and it works for the first 5 seconds and then stops again.

It will it just takes a while it has to check all the files you already downloaded, may be unpacking while its doing it. As long as it shows disk usage it is doing something, just wait it eventually worked for me.

Ogawa-san

Damn
Katana guy
got me.
I managed to beat it in about five tries, but with the usual cheapness (
lunging/jumping attacks
). I wonder how people are doing it legit, considering it can break your block from full stamina and that one missed parry means death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom