• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolx

Problem with the fps on PC It's bad to the point where it's unplayable. Many people on Reddit seems to have the same problem as well. Anyone here have a fix other than changing to windowed and then back again to fullscreen?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I'm getting a microstutter at times when it saved I think. Very annoying.

Me too, it's not every time, but sometimes when i pick something up or back down from the menu. But it's happened at least 4 times between the start and the second bonfire, on a SSD too.

Kinda annoying.

Shifty

My 680 is barely able to keep 30 in the starting area. Holy shit, my poor GPU.

Though to be fair I am trying to run 2560x1440.

Afrodium

Banned
Can someone tell me if this game takes you immediately to the character creation screen upon starting a new game? I'd like to make my character before bed/with breakfast tomorrow so that when I get home from work I can dive right into the game. If there's an intro cutscene or playable intro like Dak Souls 2 then I'll just wait until I can play it proper.

Game crashed twice after killing the two dudes to the right of the first bonfire. Managed to avoid it by just ignoring them.

Got to the first boss, beat him on the first try, and then it crashed upon me trying to leave the area. =/

poncle

Played till the first boss, took 5 tries
and ended up cheesing it with Fireball
. I'm so bad at this.

Really looking forward the new lore, there's so much puzzling stuff already.

Crap, crap, crapola...

Managed to avoid the crash-at-bonfire issue (playing as Deprived by the way) by putting away my shield and two-handing my club. Everything is fine and dandy, if a little stuttery, until I get to the first boss...then the game crashes again, just as I'm attacking.

I'm pretty close to just getting a refund. I already beat the Japanese version so I'm not exactly missing out...

nilbog21

Banned
what do you guys think of the default keyboard/mouse controls? any changes I need to make before I get used to the new style (i played DS1/2 with kb/m)

also how do you perform a kick? I wish it would tell you the keys instead of assuming you're using a controller

aravuus

Holy fuck, shieldless 2H katana run is not going to be easy lol, I can already tell. Might have to mix things up a bit later!

this deprived two-handed bro is fucking me up majorly outside the main bonfire.

Yeah, he's not easy. You can bait him into jumping off the cliff if you hang around the edge and just dodge the attacks. Sooner or later he'll jump down lol

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
How do I equip Firebombs? I only get the option to use them in the inventory, I want to be able to press down for them. And I don't understand the toolbelt.

In all my 10+ years of being a professional with a job I have never had to go on a business trip. Until today. Back on Wednesday, but I just want to play this damn game.

Khrae

Was having controller issues as per most people, have a wired 360 pad, it worked after I unplugged/plugged in the main menu

Robiin

I have yet to beat the tutorial boss.

I have beaten Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne.

I was really close to getting him once, like one more hit would do it, then he beat me. So sad.

robotuw

No performance issues on my end (PC) but every time I exit any menu my character automatically uses their equipped item and the X button doesn't work in or out of menu. Talking to an NPC pretty much drains my estus in one go and I have to quickly open and close the menu to take a drink during a fight.

Zomba13

PC version here. I can't play it. It was mostly fine up to the first bonfire (one instance of a freeze for a few seconds and I don't know why as everything else was silky smooth) but now I approached the first bonfire and it just straight up crashed, and now everytime I load in I also crash instantly, the background noise comes in but the loading screen doesn't fade, it just crashes.

I'm a Herald if that helps (I heard there was a weird bug with the first bonfire and the Knight class so I dunno).

BizzyBum

DS4 is working for me using InputMapper but I hate the game defaults to show the Xbox buttons instead of automatically switching to a DS4 theme.

Beat the first two "major" enemies without dying. My Souls gaming has improved. Only an hour in and I'm already loving this. Nothing beats this gameplay.

Zomba13

Seems the crash at the first bonfire is a common one. How was this not picked up? I know Giant Bomb seemed to have an issue there but from the sounds of it pre-release, they were the only ones to have it. Everyone else seemed to be fine, I hadn't heard of a crash except from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom