• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBryBry

LOL spoilers after first boss
Katana guy knocked me off and fell after me. Came back to find the
Uchigatana
hahahaha

UberLevi

Finally managed to beat the Character Creator. Was gonna make a male, but none of the hairstyles or beards were jiving with me, so I switched it up a little.

Evidently, as soon as I get into my game, my memory gets pegged and it crashes. I don't think i've ever seen that before. I have 16GB of ram...

Made a katana-wielding red-headed female, decided to try putting down my summon sign next to the first bonfire of the first real area... And got summoned immediately by another katana-wielding red-headed female

Lol

Then I died unceremoniously

I tried but that dude who I suspect will drop it just won't go down for me. Little bit lost once I hit the Shrine to be honest, just wandering around trying my luck at that guy and another enemy in the early areas and soaking in the design for now.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I managed to beat it in about five tries, but with the usual cheapness (
lunging/jumping attacks
). I wonder how people are doing it legit, considering it can break your block from full stamina and that one missed parry means death.

Just beat him without lunging or parrying. Very satisfying.

Ilive1up

i've had 4 crashes so far. it's kind of turning me off right now. game is running super fine too then it just freezes and crashes.

So, I'm having a weird issue. I'm on 660 ti, i7. I can run on high around 50 fps, but if I pick up any items it instantly drops into the 20s. If I tab out and in, it goes back to normal, until it randomly drops again. It's doing this on all presets on 1080, it minimizes the issue if I'm on 720, but still happens.

I had a similar issue with DS2. Whenever I would start the game, the fps was extremely low, but if I tabbed out and back it, it was perfectly fine.

Any ideas?

TheBear

I was considering waiting for the eventual definitive edition with DLC included, but I realised that the only way I beat these games is by cheesing bosses with online randoms. I should probably get it now while it's hot right?

I seem to have better luck locking my frame rate to 30 through Nvidia Inspector (well, technically 30.5). Other than the framepacing crap (which is inherent to the engine unfortunately), the fps is sticking right at 30. If I don't lock, it's all over the place, no matter what settings I have turned on, off, low, high, etc. No more crashes either, except when I tried messing with Cheat Engine (playing offline of course).

Here's hoping the 1.1 patch gets me to a (mostly) reliable 60 fps!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone explain the purpose of the toolbelt and how to use items from it?

RAWRferal

Anyone stuck on retrieving calibrations on Xbone? / is this just my game downloading the patch and should I be patient?

EDIT: just failed, trying again QQ wanted some online action tonight, hope it works if I try again...

Aikidoka

Holy shit I love everything about the combat - it's got a nice weighty feel like DS2 had but without feeling like I'm a tank - about a perfect middle ground. Daggers are quite exceptional - insane dodge that can be used even when out of stamina is legit.

That first boss fight was really fun too.

huh, intro movie is all choppy for me...not a good sign >_>

Me too!!!

Shit 130k players on Steam.

First impression, Liking it better than Dark Souls 2. Managed to kill the Giant Crystal Lizard by rolling him off the edge. They don't follow you if out running them and enemies don't seem to go back to their original spot either.

jb1234

First boss was a wuss. Beat him on the first try. The crystal dude before him put up more of a fight. Having fun, though!

(Despite the technical issues, which includes an obnoxious stutter bug. No crashes yet, fortunately.)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Anyone stuck on retrieving calibrations on Xbone? / is this just my game downloading the patch and should I be patient?

EDIT: just failed, trying again QQ wanted some online action tonight, hope it works if I try again...

I got in but the lag is making it unplayable right now.

Strange, just noticed the information says 2 patches App Version 1.03 and Reg ver 1.02 but I'm on Reg ver 1.03. I think I'll just wait until tomorrow to try pvp

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Tell me, people, tell me your first impressions of this game. puhlease

I'm blown away by how gorgeous it is, and how well it runs. Locked 60fps even while recording with OBS. I finished Bloodborne and enjoyed it but this shits all over it technically, it's just so fluid and enjoyable to play.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
just finished creating my character. now i'm undecided if i should go for a dex or str run first ;_;

help!

Word on the street is that hybrid builds are much better than single stat focused builds. Haven't tested any of that, but that's what I'm hearing. I think I might try a Dex/Faith build and see where that goes. But I bet Dex/Int or other combinations are quite good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom