• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAWRferal

Tell me, people, tell me your first impressions of this game. puhlease

I've had it for a week.

I've only played the Souls games, not Demons or BB (I'm working on it!)

It's by far my favourite of the three. It seems like FROMsoft have really taken the best elements of all their games so far and have gone to town. Plus music and art direction is GOAT worthy IMO.

If you like Souls, you'll love this.

Timeaisis

So how do you perform battle arts? Just got to the area after the first boss. I have the Estoc.

Edit: I have to be in 2hand don't I?

How are people doing with Assassin. Seems strong but squishy. I'm worried.

DualEdge

SLI completely distorted the intro for me on my 2x 980s. Disabling SLI fixed it for me. Hopefully, they'll get it fixed soon if the problem is on NVIDIA's end...

Zackat

Definitely keep your light settings on low after the first boss. The crashing still persists on the bonfire there as well. This is kind of annoying. Chances this gets fixed sometime this month?

The game is awesome. Plays really smooth and damn is 60fps great for this. If it wasn't for this crashing thing I would be having a fantastic time.

Anyone found decent build proportions for a female? I feel like the default is a bit alien looking. Tried slimming down the chest a bit but after getting the knights armor off everything looks out of proportion.

convo

I'm not after reading the last three pages...

"my ds4 doesn't work"

"unpacking write error"

"getting hitches/pauses constantly"

"crashed four times at the first bonfire"

No thanks. :)

What PC players LOVE is trouble-shooting stuff and moaning about it all at the same time.
Anxieties of running things as soon as possible will run wild.

McBryBry

So before I start leveling, can someone explain a quality build vs strength build for an ultra greatsword user? I went strength in DS1 with the Zwei and was fine. What perks does quality have?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Definitely keep your light settings on low after the first boss. The crashing still persists on the bonfire there as well. This is kind of annoying. Chances this gets fixed sometime this month?

No crashes for me but I rolled a knight, which I heard lessens the chance of a crash.

Get'sMad

any other dudes like me who've played the game on prior versions to 1.03 noticing a lot more shard drops early game than previously? Just started a new dude and I never remember getting this many/if any super early in the game from enemies like this.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just can't kill the
Katana guy
, getting wrecked lol.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I've had it for a week.

I've only played the Souls games, not Demons or BB (I'm working on it!)

It's by far my favourite of the three. It seems like FROMsoft have really taken the best elements of all their games so far and have gone to town. Plus music and art direction is GOAT worthy IMO.

If you like Souls, you'll love this.

Finished it over the weekend, best in the series. You're in for a great ride my friend.

Cool. Just bought and installing.

Thanks, guys.

Skii

I've been absolutely wrecking stuff in the tutorial area. Beat the Ice Cystal Lizard first time and the tutorial boss (that music is beautiful).

I just found
Firelink Shrine
(omg) and now I'm getting destroyed by some skinny dude with a katana that reminds me of the chikage. Good to see the difficulty is still there lol.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Err, I just killed him by knocking him off, did I lose the loot? :(

RAWRferal

So before I start leveling, can someone explain a quality build vs strength build for an ultra greatsword user? I went strength in DS1 with the Zwei and was fine. What perks does quality have?

Scaling seems to be a little more evenly split between strength and dex from what I've seen.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Going to the bonfire worked, cheers. Felt a bit cheesy but sod it!

iNvid02

fuck i forgot how angry some of these enemies are, that ice thing at the start
followed me all the way up the cliffside until he rolled off
lol

UberLevi

Beat the first boss on my first try, so I guess doing a playthrough of Dark Souls 2 got me in fighting shape after all.

One question for people farther along than me: I took the
fire gem
as my starting item and was wondering if it would be worth it to
attune my starting longsword with it
or would it be better to wait and see what else I find?

wrowa

I'm kinda not feeling it yet. I'm in the first area after the
Firelink Shrine
and so far I feel like I'm just running through the motions. It's weirdly easy so far (I'm sure this will change quickly enough) and it's just kinda too samey, not original.

But, well, just very early impressions.

Beat the first boss on my first try, so I guess doing a playthrough of Dark Souls 2 got me in fighting shape after all.

fire gem

Did you roll a pyro?

RAWRferal

fire gem

It removes all scaling so it's as good on that as anything to be fair.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm kinda not feeling it yet. I'm in the first area after the
Firelink Shrine
and so far I feel like I'm just running through the motions. It's weirdly easy so far (I'm sure this will change quickly enough) and it's just kinda too samey, not original.

But, well, just very early impressions.

FWIW I didn't really dig the game much until after the third boss. But it's now my favorite overall.

The early parts felt very been there, done that. Tons of obvious ambushes and standard stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom