• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.DOGG

So I reached
Firelink Shrine
and I'm not sure what to spend my souls on. Suggestions? I started as a mercenary (love that starting armor), so a high Dex build.

purg3

slept with Malkin
So I reached
Firelink Shrine
and I'm not sure what to spend my souls on. Suggestions? I started as a mercenary (love that starting armor), so a high Dex build.

Focus on upping your health to start. Far more useful than anything in the early game

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Has anyone been able to pickup from Best Buy already? I know release is tomorrow but I got an email saying my order was ready to pickup....

Called them a couple times but cant get anyone to answer.

Took me a few tries to get that katana fucker.

Btw guys, when can I use the white soapstone? I'm online but the item is greyed out. Should matchmaking be ON? It's OFF by default.

EDIT: Nevermind, had to leave the tutorial area.

Mupod

only managed to parry katana jerk once. Seemed like his attacks would just blow through my parry even though it looked like I was timing it right.

Either way it was easy to cheese him with the charged 1h R2 of the longsword. Not so easy to fight any other way but I got some good practice in.

Demo85

Banned
I remember in past souls games it was common for people to post character creation sliders. Anyone do that for Dark Souls 3 yet? I'm struggling with making a decent looking avatar

ChuckNyce

Has anyone got a Dualshock 4 working with this yet? Doesn't seem to want to play nice with DS4windows.

Yup, had to do the same trick I did for DS1 - In DS4Windows click on the Settings tab then check "Hide DS4 Controller". Restart the game if it's already started. Should be good from there.

Bloodborne was my first Souls game. Loved my speed dual wield build.

Am I insane to go for it again? Also tempted by pyromancer, it sounds like it sucks for newbs?

Anyone found a way to force AA in this game?

I'm getting great frames at 1080p max settings that is perfectly playable for me, just want it a bit smoother if possible :)
Has anyone got a Dualshock 4 working with this yet? Doesn't seem to want to play nice with DS4windows.
Weird, DS4Windows is working for me.

Hikami

I forgot I'm supposed to
hit chests :(
There weren't any mimics in Bloodborne right? That's probably why.

Flandy

First Dark Souls game. But I've had some experience with Demons and Bloodborne (maybe 20 hours total across the 2)
Thinking of going with Deprived because they start at level 1 and all the base stats are 10. Seems like this would leave me with more points to upgrade with? Am I crazy?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, just permanently lost my first Souls, about 4k.

Aikidoka

Get fucked you crystal bastard!
loot is totally not useful :{

Works fine for me in DS4Windows. Might be usb port as someone said above as mine is not in a 3.0.

rdytoroll

Somethings not right with the PS4 version. Wasn't the 1.03 patch supposed to make the performance better? I seldom notice such things, but it runs worse than Bloodborne. There are so many weird slowdowns. Maybe it's some problem with the servers? Impressions and videos about the performance weren't as bad as this, not close.
Anyone else notice this?

RAWRferal

First Dark Souls game. But I've had some experience with Demons and Bloodborne.
Thinking of going with Deprived because they start at level 1 and all the base stats are 10. Seems like this would leave me with more points to upgrade with? Am I crazy?

You will die. A lot.

At first.

But then you'll have complete control over your build and that is all kinds of awesome!

Good luck.

Bedlam

Bloodborne was my first Souls game. Loved my speed dual wield build.

Am I insane to go for it again?
Judging by the stuff I found today, I'd say go for it!

Also tempted by pyromancer, it sounds like it sucks for newbs?
I chose this class (also chose it in DS1) and it's going pretty well. I think it's one of the easiest classes to start with (again) since the fireball spell allows you to cheese a whole lot of early enemies and bosses.

God damn I am so hyped to play this game. This will be my first experience in the Dark Souls series.

From what I understand, this about sums up what's going to happen to me:

Q3EdOCW.gif

ManeKast

Gallery of PS4 CE and guide CE opened. Australian retail.

https://imgur.com/a/osWua

CE guide is just a guide. Straight up. Good quality but all the art / lotre is in the CE game art book 'dark souls trilogy artwork' (pictured) and THATS the book you are after for art / lore.

Statue is epic. Good quality and quite large. Praise the sun patch is going on my jacket!

Map is TERRIBLE quality / lame.

Patch in 36mins....

Moff

first 2 hours as a pyro

died twice on the first boss until I started fireballing him and
as soon as he turns just hack him to death
, easy

katana guy
was first try with fireballing, no problem
I have his
katana
now, I don't know if it's any good, its slow, maybe I'll stick to the axe

of course I missed the first bonfire in the first real level and died twice after that,
goddamn at that turning zombie huge black weird thing
. I was sweating trying to get my souls back but I made it, this is what makes dark souls for me.

I think pyro is fun and ok so far, seems to be the easiest intro into a souls game so far.

comparing it to bloodbourne, I did not love bloodborne as much as others, and I think DS3 feels better, not sure if it's simply the 60fps or that I can finally be a caster again. but bloodborne had SO much better art design. I know souls games are supposed to feel desolated, but damn yarnham was something else. the first setting of bloodborne also had more memorable level design and enemy placement in the first section.

anyway, I feel I'm gonna love DS3

Sane_Man

I was never really a strong Souls player, but my Bloodborne addictions seems to have steered me well. 5 bosses down and around 5 or 6 deaths the whole game so far.

KorrZ

First time playing a Souls game on PC. God damn the 60 fps makes a huge difference. I feel unstoppable I just rocked the first boss in like 30 seconds and killed
crazy blue crystal dude

mstevens

God the hype is getting to be but I convinced myself I have to finish Dark Souls first.. I've platinumed all the rest and this is the last one to do before 3...

Had to go to the emergency room, was stuck there for 3 hours and it was empty, then had to stop and drop off a prescription. It's now 6 o'clock, and then I get stuck in a traffic accident. Some idiot t boned someone. Then I had to make desert with my fiancée and now it's 8:30 and can't play till later. What a dissapointing day. Can't wait to play though.

Zackat

If you can't get DS4windows to work, try going to settings and checking the Hide DS4 Controller setting. That's the only thing I had to change to get it working on DSII, and it works perfectly fine on this game with no setting changed.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Pro tip, go to the bathroom if you need to, I very nearly pissed myself at 30 years old, I've been holding it in and a mob jumped on me from nowhere and yeah, close call. BRB.

Anyone suggest a good program for checking my CPU temps? This game is running my system like a beast, fans never ramped up anywhere near this sort of level playing Witcher 3 while taxing the system pretty hard. I know the GPU is sitting around 71c which actually seems higher than I'd expect but I've got no idea what the CPU is hitting. All I know is the giant ass heat sink and dual fans on it are whirring like a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom