• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risev1

Aight, so I've got this weird glitch on the PC version where the torso armor appears next to my character while equipped. The heck is up with that?

I've been absolutely wrecking stuff in the tutorial area. Beat the Ice Cystal Lizard first time and the tutorial boss (that music is beautiful).

I just found
Firelink Shrine
(omg) and now I'm getting destroyed by some skinny dude with a katana that reminds me of the chikage. Good to see the difficulty is still there lol.
Where is this katana guy?

The framerate is unplayably low for me anytime there's water present (with a negligible difference between having all settings set to Low or Max), so I guess I have to wait 2-3 weeks for my new PC. :( Lame.

aravuus

Jesus, even the first area still gets my heart beating and blood pumping. Probably trying to rush through it a bit too fast.

Helping others is fun, though. Been doing nothing but coop for the last hour.

JKTrix

now I'm crashing at the Lothric bonfire, lol.

What does my PC have against bonfires?!

When it's not crashing it's running like butter

Edit: nvm, somehow my lighting settings were turned back to High. Fixed

only managed to parry katana jerk once. Seemed like his attacks would just blow through my parry even though it looked like I was timing it right.

Either way it was easy to cheese him with the charged 1h R2 of the longsword. Not so easy to fight any other way but I got some good practice in.

4 parries with my Thief and dead.

Easy peasy.

I died like 6 times to be able to do that.

Arrrgh. Managed to kill the katana guy just barely. Uchigatana funtimes!~

Unfortunately, my arm is starting to hurt, so i'm gonna do some stretches and movement with it before continuing. Can't let the scar tissue get the best of me '-'

McBryBry

Post Shrine
Was totally expecting the dragon to come to life... Not for another one to wreck shit. Barely got away.

Edit: and of course the first obtainable
greatsword
is there!

ramyeon

7qzfTWd.jpg

Let's do this!

Or rather, let's do this in 10 minutes when the patch is done downloading.

Sarcasm

So my system is pretty old. I am getting 99% GPU and 20% CPU usage.

I7 3770K (not OC)
GTX670
16GB DDRF3 1600

My settings are:

Texture Quality: HIgh
AA: On
SSAO: Medium
DoF: High
Motion Blue: High
Shadow Quality: Low
Lighting Quality: Low
Effects quality: Max
Reflection Quality: High
Water Surface quality: High
Shader Quality: high

Shadow and Quality set to low and high seems to not make much a difference visually, but it does FPS wise.
I don't get a steady 60 FPS but it doesn't go below 54 and isn't jumpy (gradual change).

I have these bugs/glitches:

• Sound is sometimes off
  • Overlay doesn't work
  • Since overlay doesn't work and I get a message my game sometimes gets minimized (very badddd)

AllenShrz

After playing the ps4, this version with all maxed out at 60fps is a god sent.

4k is about 35fps... too jerky, 1080p at 60p it is then.

980ti.

Robiin

2 hours in and loving it. Was stuck on the first tutorial boss for a good while before getting back in the Dark Souls mindset. Started as Deprived which might have hindered me as well. Now I have bought a curved sword and damn - it feels good to be back. Early game in these games with first run throughs of areas is always both lovely and scary. First area reminds me of both Boletarian Palace and Undead Perish, kind of a mesh of those two which is a good thing. I suppose the first areas have to be kind of basic because of new players but I can't wait to see where this goes, all games have had beautifully twisted, genious levels and environments which is one of the main reasons I play Souls.

Oh well it's 2:30am and I haven't slept since yesterday morning. Might be one of the reasons I got stuck at the boss actually. I heard staying awake for 40+ hours is a bad thing.

ramyeon

Going Deprived first time around - might be a bit rusty so this should be interesting. Planning on going Dex but I might invest in some Pyromancy too.

Sane_Man

I'm trying to get summoned to help people with bosses but it doesn't seem to find any matches. Does it only match you to people around the same level as you? I thought I read that level didn't matter now, but I probably misunderstood.

Also I'm getting like 45fps with dips to 30fps, with my old PC.

Still I'm happy since performs better than PS4 version.

C'mon AMD, launch your new shit!

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
High Wall
is kicking my ass! Fishing for backstabs is hard as fuck, the enemies are fast and can react by shield bashing.

HURT ME MORE

taybul

is there a
bonfire in the main hub area that I am not seeing? I feel like I've ran all around.

You mean the shrine? You have to go to the center and plunge the sword you got from the previous boss.

So there was a guy standing on the edge looking into the distance before the shrine. I backstabbed him, sending him into the abyss. I don't think he came back. Did I just kill an NPC?

Zeliard

I just kicked Katana guy off the cliff to beat him. Dude needs to mind his surroundings a bit more.

Also, Uchigatana's holding stance skill is the best thing ever.

got it running at close to constant 60fps on my 7870 at 1600x900.

When capped at 30fps, I can play it on high settings at 1920x1080 without it dropping at all. But 30fps locked with RTSS feels off, almost like the game is skipping frames.

Specs: AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB, stock clock.
Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 Pro x64

UnrealEck

People are saying that the game was 14 Pesos on the Mexican Steam store. They fixed it really fast though.

btw capping frame rate to 60 on PC (use Rivatuner) stops the frame times from spiking.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have seen about 5 shortcuts thus far but none I've been able to unlock, is that about right?

Dr. Buni

This game is running so poorly on my end. :c

Anyways, am I really supposed to kill the katana chick/guy? Or am I going the wrong way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom