• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a class most closest resembling blood borne style combat? Fast and dodgy? And what stats would govern that movement? Not much of a souls player but I beat blood borne and I absolutely loved the pacing of the combat

Thief is the closest I'd say, but starting class is really not that important. You'd want to keep a low equip load to keep the movement, so vitality would be the stat for that (or you could just go for very light armor in which case you might not have to level anything at all).

Robiin

since earlier in chat I asked if you were bruce, since that's what the other robin (monsoonpower) on GAF goes by XD

Oh yeah, after I launched the game I forgot I joined the discord group lol, someone posted the link to it in this thread...

And yeah, I was having tons of sound issues as well. The background sfx were skipping like crazy anytime I pressed the d-pad through menus or quick select...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Sooooooo GAF PS4 DSIII community?

FUCK MY LIFE that the game unlocks around 2 more hours and NOW I'M AT WORK SO I NEED TO WAIT FOR AT LEAST 10 MORE HOURS TO PLAY

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

pixxxelz

Is there a class most closest resembling blood borne style combat? Fast and dodgy? And what stats would govern that movement? Not much of a souls player but I beat blood borne and I absolutely loved the pacing of the combat
I think daggers weapon arts give you a dodge similar to Bloodborne's other than that I'd say just use light armor (which is what I did in DeS and DaS 1 cause I never got used to shields)

Quikies83

For pyros fairly deep in the game, where is the merchant
with dark pyromancies rescued? I've been running around the dungeon
?

SoulUnison

Banned
Oof. 25ish FPS at 720 and everything on LOW/OFF.

Managed to get through the first boss without dying but even just swinging the camera around my character causes second-long stutters and pauses.

Guess this is going on the shelf until my next computer.

UberLevi

Just had my first death at the hands of a
Lothric Knight using a halberd at the High Wall.

Also, I agreed to help
Greirat
. Am I screwed?

Is there an important day one patch for this (on PS4)?

Won't have internet for another week so debating playing this now or just waiting.

Yay I beat the crystal lizard thingie on my first try in the starting area. Beginner's luck most likely. Wish I could play more right now but I gotta head to work.

I did the same thing then realized I couldn't level after getting all those souls so that boss fight before you could was tense

So I'm opening the game for the first time after pre-loading on Steam and it's saying I have an update waiting for it that's going to take 9 hours?

Vaporak

Just played through the tutorial area and loving it. Runs fantastic on my PC and the graphic and art improvements over the last two games are very nice.

Started as a mercenary because I wanted to see the dual swords, and was very disappointed that the dual sword attacks do less damage than the one handed attacks...

Bedlam

There are similar clothes in the game, there's a ring for increasing damage with low equip load and there is even a ring
that refills Estus for dealing damage.
Finally, equip twin swords weapon, go two-handed. Bloodborne character (sans gun).

sn00zer

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS RELEASED THE SAME DAY AS RATCHET AND CLANK? WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME CHOOSE NAMCO?! WHY!?!?

GOD DAMMIT NEXT YOU'LL BE ANNOUNCING BLOODBORNE 2 COMING OUT THE SAME DAY AS CRASH BANDICOOT!

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED YOU SICK FUCKS? YOU SIT IN YOUR GOTHIC TOWERS LOOKING DOWN ON US FROM BRONZE SPYGLASSES WATCHING US DESTROY AND MURDER OUR CHECKBOOKS TRYING TO JUSTIFY $100 FOR TWO FUCKING GAMES.

YOU GOD DAMN MONSTERS.

DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL.

damn...

you....

all....

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS RELEASED THE SAME DAY AS RATCHET AND CLANK? WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME CHOOSE NAMCO?! WHY!?!?

GOD DAMMIT NEXT YOU'LL BE ANNOUNCING BLOODBORNE 2 COMING OUT THE SAME DAY AS CRASH BANDICOOT!

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED YOU SICK FUCKS? YOU SIT IN YOUR GOTHIC TOWERS LOOKING DOWN ON US FROM BRONZE SPYGLASSES WATCHING US DESTROY AND MURDER OUR CHECKBOOKS TRYING TO JUSTIFY $100 FOR TWO FUCKING GAMES.

YOU GOD DAMN MONSTERS.

DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL.

damn...

you....

all....

This is in fact a genius move by Bandai Namco. Now playing Dark Souls 3 will truly be the hardest.

Navy Bean

For pyros fairly deep in the game, where is the merchant
with dark pyromancies rescued? I've been running around the dungeon
?
there's a key in the next area with the boss near the poison water. Take key back to the room in dungeon with all the prison guards and there is a locked door.

Dr. Buni

This is like Silent Hill Souls.
Suddenly a random undead became a gigantic abomination that looks like somefin out of Bloodborne.

I am loving it. Just wish it ran better, pretty sure my PC can handle it, if it wasn't poorly optimized.

Ogawa-san

Those transforming enemies
(zombies that become a black mass of fuck you)
really are high risk no reward huh. I know
you can kill them before they transform, but if you fail you're stuck with something that can kill you in 4 hits that's worth merely 150 souls

Also, I might be lost. Almost 3h in and I've only found one boss. I'd think I'm at the wrong place, but so far nothing killed me in 2 hits so I think I'm okay.

Soulflarz

Banned
Those transforming enemies
(zombies that become a black mass of fuck you)
really are high risk no reward huh. I know
you can kill them before they transform, but if you fail you're stuck with something that can kill you in 4 hits that's worth merely 150 souls

Also, I might be lost. Almost 3h in and I've only found one boss. I'd think I'm at the wrong place, but so far nothing killed me in 2 hits so I think I'm okay.

Go to the one on a rooftop
kill it
look around

glhf

Afrodium

Banned
Does this game go directly to character creation when starting a new game like Demon's Souls and Dark Souls or is there an opening cutscene like Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2? I want to make a character before work tomorrow so I can dive in as soon as I get back.

Does this game go directly to character creation when starting a new game like Demon's Souls and Dark Souls or is there an opening cutscene like Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2? I want to make a character before work tomorrow so I can dive in as soon as I get back.

Opening cutscene (~3 minutes) > character creation > start of game after a 5 second cinematic

UberLevi

Intro cinematic first, then character creation.

theRizzle

That first boss...

Totally forgot I was playing Souls for a second and tried to pause when my girlfriend came into the room. I just hit start and instinctively looked away from the screen for only about a second or two, but it was enough to get me killed. Hello darkness my old friend...

Also, was REALLY surprised by the
transformation
. Really cool shit.

Wookieomg

Anyone else having problem with online connectivity for the PC version? Trying to play with friends and we're having trouble getting summoned to each other's worlds.

rdytoroll

Got to the 2nd area, will play all day tomorrow after a good night's sleep. One question: There's a locked door near the second bonfire in the first area with an elevator behind it. I searched high and low but couldn't find a path to unlock it. Anyone got that door open?

Griss

Having fun so far - I'm up on the High Wall and have really just started. A lot of it is reminding me of Demon's Souls, actually.

Visually it's not a match for Bloodborne (or even close, imo) but the IQ is very nice and it's far better looking than the Scholar of the First Sin port. Only issue so far is that the 60fps nature of it is making me a little queasy - not uncommon for me, but it'll pass. I would genuinely enable a 30fps mode if it was there but it shouldn't be an issue for much longer.

Demo85

Banned
Can anyone give me the run down on multiplayer items? How to be summoned and lay down my sign, how to invade. Stuff like that. Don't wanna google and get spoiled.

Also should I but the white soap stone from the shrine vender? No pickups for it at the start of the game? Same for the chain link set, any pick ups in the first half for it?

English version bros hows invading so far? has it been like in the JPN version where it's 3 on 1s every time I do one?
Been 2 v 1 so far.
Can anyone give me the run down on multiplayer items? How to be summoned and lay down my sign, how to invade. Stuff like that. Don't wanna google and get spoiled.

Also should I but the white soap stone from the shrine vender? No pickups for it at the start of the game? Same for the chain link set, any pick ups in the first half for it?
You need to use a ember and buy the white soap stone. Using the white soap stone, while in embered form, will allow you to place your summon sign down.

To invade you need to be in embered form and use a cracked red eye orb or a full red eye orb. In addition, the covenants are related to multiplayer. Too lazy to type since I am on moblie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom