• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grisby

Nice thread. Sword and board for me, so I'm rolling a warrior. Anyone got any stat tips from the import thread?

Been playing through the Dark Souls 2 DLC the past couple of days to get back into the Soul feeling. Not the SOTFS mind you, but plain ass vanilla ps3 DS2.

I;ve only got Ivory King to go through but holy hell, some parts like Fume knight were pretty rough. Felt like the DLC was harder than Bloodborne's. Real good stuff though.

dyergram

Anybody know if I buy this from USA store and preload it will it unlock on my uk account first or will I have to wait for it to unlock USA Tuesday time.

Vire

Nice thread. Sword and board for me, so I'm rolling a warrior. Anyone got any stat tips from the import thread?

Been playing through the Dark Souls 2 DLC the past couple of days to get back into the Soul feeling. Not the SOTFS mind you, but plain ass vanilla ps3 DS2.

I;ve only got Ivory King to go through but holy hell, some parts like Fume knight were pretty rough. Felt like the DLC was harder than Bloodborne's. Real good stuff though.
All the vigor!

Fhtagn

Who's #TeamDeprived with me?

It stops mattering after a couple hours but it's my favorite way to start these games.

I also didn't use any magic or bows or summon on my first NG.

Now I feel free to cheese everything all day in future playthroughs :)

Alo0oy

Banned
It's not a significant difference true but any class can remove all armour and work the same as Deprived. Especially since all(?) starting gear is found for all classes fairly early on.

It's way more badass to start as a level 1 deprived character than it is to choose a level 10 class and then take off the armor, even if you ignore the advantages in stats.

I just like the feeling of my character starting with absolutely nothing and then end up as a demigod/demigoddess.

Fhtagn

Anyone know if the OST is going up on any streaming services or iTunes?

I posted this in the review thread but the Soundtrack has all boss names, one of which is a direct spoiler and then
other tracks contain music references to previous games so it's ideal to not listen if you're worried about spoilers.

Tarkus

I'm going with an assassin or herald. I'm going to be parrying right and left, so most likely it'll be an assassin.

I'm trying to decide if I want to play this on PC with a 360 controller + dongle or wired DS4.

Actually, is there a good wireless adapter out there that will pair with DS4? What are my options here?

I posted this in the review thread but the Soundtrack has all boss names, one of which is a direct spoiler and then
other tracks contain music references to previous games so it's ideal to not listen if you're worried about spoilers.

Thank you for this. I generally don't listen to an OST until I have beaten the game, or at least heard said song in game, but I was going to load it up on my computer. I'll avoid looking at track names now.

Can't decide between Warrior or Knight. I usually go Warrior because all dodging and huge weapon is my favorite play style, but I don't know if I want to switch it up this time because of stances.

Tactics18

I've clocked in about 160 hours in the Japanese version, but I'm really hyped for the international release.
Going full on lore-detective with this now that I can actually read stuff.
Think I'll go with a Paladin build, haven't done that yet.

CHC

I'm trying to decide if I want to play this on PC with a 360 controller + dongle or wired DS4.

Actually, is there a good wireless adapter out there that will pair with DS4? What are my options here?

Any bluetooth adapter works. I use a PCI chip that has bluetooth and wifi. Here's why I like it:

- Doesn't take up a USB port
- It's plug-and-play, no drivers required
- It's great for decluttering your desktop and the speeds are fantastic.
- Haven't really had any appreciable loss of speed from ditching the ethernet cable
- My desk area looks that much cleaner.
- Plus it's only 32 bucks!​

Alo0oy

Banned
So about casters, faith builds aren't useless like they were in DS2 post-patch, right? Sorcery and Pyromancy are boring as shit, nothing is cooler than throwing around Lightning Spears and Lightning Storms while wielding a Sunlight Blade.

First build will be dex as usual, but I gotta have my Zeus build after that.

How is the Pyromancer? I always fall back to sword and board in these games but want to try something new.

I haven't played DS3 Yet but in previous games Pyromancer was always fun because your intelligence stat didn't really matter for the power of the spells. SO you could be a swordsmen and still have cool, strong fire spells

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So I wanna play as pyro because I've never been any good at back stabbing or riposting in these games, but I don't like the pyro's starting stats and wanna start deprived
how long does it take until you get a glove?

and is there only one type of glove?

Lux R7

I haven't played DS3 Yet but in previous games Pyromancer was always fun because your intelligence stat didn't really matter for the power of the spells. SO you could be a swordsmen and still have cool, strong fire spells

I think pyro scales with both faith and int this time

Alo0oy

Banned

That's not true, they scaled off faith and intelligence equally. They were still pretty powerful at base level, but if you wanted to be a real pyromancer you had to put a lot of stats into faith and intelligence, much more so than you'd usually need when doing a faith only or int only build.

EDIT: Looks like that's the case in DS3 too.

So about casters, faith builds aren't useless like they were in DS2 post-patch, right? Sorcery and Pyromancy are boring as shit, nothing is cooler than throwing around Lightning Spears and Lightning Storms while wielding a Sunlight Blade.

First build will be dex as usual, but I gotta have my Zeus build after that.

I'm curious about Faith as well, I'd like to do a Strength/Faith build for my first run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom