• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl7

Invaded the entire night as moud maker. Fortunatelly it only requires you to kill one phantom as it was always 3x1 or even 4x1.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Fuuuu after perfecting my parry game, the naked samurai by Firelink Shrine just walked off the map... Does he drop anything? =/

Edit: Whew, the items still spawn after resting at a bonfire.

Well killed the 1st boss on try number 3. That's not too bad I reckon. Fun fight and it's such a rewarding feeling getting that Souls boss kill again

Also him transforming was a nice surprise!

Ok wtf.. is this game suppose to be this hard?... Can't even get past first boss ludex gundyr

Parry for his initial phase. During his second fire bombs work well if you found them.

Everyone: Set your HUD to Auto so it hides when outside of combat. Makes the views so much more enjoyable.

Kalentan

The UI reminds me of Demon's Souls in some way. I think it's the inclusion of what I can only assume is an MP bar. Maybe I'm remembering wrong... But wasn't Demon's Souls the last game in the series to have MP?

Hypron

Invaded the entire night as moud maker. Fortunatelly it only requires you to kill one phantom as it was always 3x1 or even 4x1.

I'm not sure how it works exactly. I once invaded a guy and had to kill both his summons and him before being sent back to my world with the reward.

Alright, I made it to
Firelink shrine
with over 9000 souls and killed EVERYTHING along my way. Crystal bro, the first boss on the second try
(That transformation got me good.)
, everything. I met
Guchi bro
hangin out and won
his sword and raggedy underwear in a duel.
I think that's all for me tonight. I have to say though, this game is good. Real good. It's the only thing that has managed to take my mind off of my second wave Vive preorder and wondering when it will get here.

taoofjord

Really digging this so far! The music is indeed amazing, the level design is incredible. I'm 6 hours in, made good progress and finally got some slick looking armor. I can't wait for the more visually interesting areas that I heard are in the second half. The game does look great, but there does seem to be a minor technical downgrade from Bloodborne as far as textures on armor sets go. No big deal, it's more that I prefer the art direction in BB than any real deficiency in DS3. Also, I'm loving all the new weapon animations!

Opposite was true for me. That fight had my blood pumping and the camera behaved pretty well. What troubles did you guys have?

The
hand
is off screen a lot of the time and a pain in the ass to hit. If you
go for the body instead
you can't see what it's doing at all. Either way there's some tomfoolery going on.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Here's my gal:

Thumbs up. Looks a bit like my best DSII character.

I never will get the complaints about the character creator in From Soft games. Spend a few minutes and get a good looking character...It's so easy. My first try. Only 15 mins. Get the good looking chars rolling people!

darksoulsiii_20160412ifi4p.jpg

Jamiaro

Question, what's the best starter item? I know it changes per game. I want to say I will just pick Life Ring, but sometimes you get one not long after the start. Debating between Life Ring and Sovereignless Soul.

I've had good experiences with the Rusted Coins. Started of as a Knight with low Luck. Got some good loot with the Coins at the start.

Kalentan

So... That crystal being... Was that supposed to be THAT easy. o.o

Maybe I'm just used to Dark Souls 2 where every enemy has like super tracking and lots of follow up.

People weren't kidding that the enemies are faster in this game, holy shit! I'm doing quality build with claymore right now and starting to worry because it almost isn't fast enough...

Onemic

in Undead Settlement there's an area with an item and one of those cages with a bunch of bodies. I killed it, but the cage of bodies didnt seem hostile and it gave me 1000 souls. Did I just kill an NPC?

Mana Sin

My friend and I started new saves to co-op together, but we can't connect with each other for some reason. We're within one level of each other and haven't upgraded any of our gear yet.

We even tried setting a password and couldn't connect.

Carl7

I'm not sure how it works exactly. I once invaded a guy and had to kill both his summons and him before being sent back to my world with the reward.

Really? I have no idea why is that. I was invading right at the Tree boss so the giant arrows would help me and I was using the Red eye orb to invade, not the cracked ones.

Hypron

People weren't kidding that the enemies are faster in this game, holy shit! I'm doing quality build with claymore right now and starting to worry because it almost isn't fast enough...

It's just a matter of getting used to it. The claymore is fast enough for the vast majority of enemies. I switch back to a faster sword for a couple of them, but the extra damage and staggering power of the claymore make it a very good choice for some enemies (it makes the knights a lot easier - you can stun lock them).

Really? I had no idea why is that. I was invading right at the Tree boss so the giant arrows would help me and I was using the Red eye orb to invade, not the cracked ones.

Yeah I was using the red eye orb too. I wasn't the only invader though, so maybe that had something to do with it, but I landed the finishing blows on the host/summons myself.

My progress in the game kinda stopped because now I can invade people. I already received salty messages because I lured a guy into a trap and he died.

According to the game hub I've completed 80% of the game...

Varna

One hour into the game and I already found the weapons I'm going to use the entire time. Cool.

I'm super rusty at this game too. That first boss killed me a few times even though it was one of those humanoid enemies you spend the entirety of DS2 fighting. That dude with the Katana was rough too until I remembered I can just kick dudes off a cliff.

MUnited83

For you.
As far as I know there are certain preset dual wield weapons (i.e. twinblades, brigand twindaggers) that you two hand to dual wield. Elsewise there seems to be no carryover powerstance from DS2.

this sucks. a lot. One of my favorite things about DS2 was fucking around with great dual wield movesets :(

The
hand
is off screen a lot of the time and a pain in the ass to hit. If you
go for the body instead
you can't see what it's doing at all. Either way there's some tomfoolery going on.

I just stayed at his butt and stabbed zits, first kill I actually was trying to dodge the hand and accidentally strong attacked it for the win.

Alexandre

Banned
Started a pyro

just facerolled pretty much anything

But fuck those tower shield + spear dudes

mostly cause of my 70 physical attack shield

Also by mistake i walked up to the first boss... lol

Anyone know where its the first 100physical shield?

jaekeem

just beat
farron's legion

it was so tense. i could feel my heart pounding. i liked how
some were fighting with the boss farron member, and some were fighting against him. need some lore analysis by the souls fiends to understand why

in Undead Settlement there's an area with an item and one of those cages with a bunch of bodies. I killed it, but the cage of bodies didnt seem hostile and it gave me 1000 souls. Did I just kill an NPC?

So if you're talking about the one on the roof with the 3 cross bowmen. That's the Pyromancer. Maybe?

Started a pyro

just facerolled pretty much anything

But fuck those tower shield + spear dudes

mostly cause of my 70 physical attack shield

Also by mistake i walked up to the first boss... lol

Anyone know where its the first 100physical shield?

It's in the first zone where the first
Tower Shield Knight
is, I believe.

Also all those armored guys drop their shields, it's 6.5 weight but it's actually really good for lightning resist.

Rozart

Dammiittt. Wait for my pay to be banked in next week or purchase the game today on lauch day. This thread is making me weak.

It's just a matter of getting used to it. The claymore is fast enough for the vast majority of enemies. I switch back to a faster sword for a couple of them, but the extra damage and staggering power of the claymore make it a very good choice for some enemies (it makes the knights a lot easier - you can stun lock them).
Cool, I guess I'll stick it out. I'm also trying to force myself to use the stance more. Are there any other cool quality swords I can look forward to that you know of?

Carl7

I didn't like the claymore in this game, it weights 3 more than in DS1 and is also a bit slower. That weight increase is even worse if you consider that now you have a separate stat for equip load.

I didn't like the claymore in this game, it weights 3 more than in DS1 and is also a bit slower. That weight increase is even worse if you consider that now you have a separate stat for equip load.

I +6'd it and I felt like i was just sacrificing too much damage vs the Great Axe. The only stats i raised though were vigor str and vit.

kai3345

Banned
played for like 30 minutes and had two hard crashes.

with those two incidents aside I've enjoyed what I've played so far.

- Finding it hard to get out of my Bloodborne mindset. I need to re-teach myself how to block instead of just dodging everything.

- At least in the first area I'm not finding the atmosphere as uniquely striking as BB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom