• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
And I'm entering there now, oh boy!

gPBuAgl.gif

MilkBeard

Yeah, don't go for digital, you'll end up regretting it -- I did that with SoTFS, then a week later wished I'd bought a physical copy. I won't do that with DS3. Gonna wait it out till 10AM and chug coffee all the way to GameStop :)

Considering my internet connection in my new place is utter shit, I'm going to wait it out. I'd probably be waiting till tomorrow just to download the thing.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Luckily, I'm not experiencing any issues on PC so far. Just played an hour, though. The game runs extremely well and it controls like a dream coming from the PS4 version.

i7 6700k @ 4.4 ghz, 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz, GTX 970, Windows 10

Phionoxx

Early covenant question
I've got the pledge items for two covenants, but trying to use them in the inventory screen, and the use option is greyed out for both of them, so I cant seem to join either covenant?
not sure what I could be doing wrong here.

Edit: figured it out. Have to do it through the equipment screen, and not inventory. Kinda like BB I guess in that way.

Corpekata

Banned
Early covenant question
I've got the pledge items for two covenants, but trying to use them in the inventory screen, and the use option is greyed out for both of them, so I cant seem to join either covenant?
not sure what I could be doing wrong here.

They are equipment, square peg.

Sarcasm

There is not a limit on mob spawning right?

Question about the switch to 2H and then L2 to activate a stance (which has some burst animation).

You have to stay in 2H correct? Uses that manabar thing too. It didn't seem to change the attack animations but increases damage, am I correct?

Luck is better in this series, but what is the difference between small gaps like 7 vs 11?

Ilive1up

i went as a herald but i'm still unsure if i want to go dex or strength. got about 16 in each right now. don't want to go any further until i decide.

endurance is super key, like always.

Vire

Beat the first boss on my first try. :D

Hell yiss.

Pro tip: start swinging at him before he gets up with his start up animation lolz.

Got my Butcher's Knife finally! One of my favourite weapons in the entire series, stumbled upon it by complete accident!

bVtnuhV.jpg

This armour looks pretty sexy as well!

Dmented

Banned
I am so terrible at this game but man is it good. So worth the money for the Deluxe edition.

FROM did us PC players well, imo. Thank you.

i went as a herald but i'm still unsure if i want to go dex or strength. got about 16 in each right now. don't want to go any further until i decide.

endurance is super key, like always.

That's a good set up for a quality build, equal strength and dex. Weapons with D/D or C/C scaling will work best with your stats. Straight swords, great swords among others

Maddrical

Picked up my PC CE copy & a PS4 copy this morning. Someone also cancelled their guidebook CE so I got that too :) Work is dragging incredibly slow, eugh. It does not feel like DS2 came out over 2 years ago thanks to SOTFS, but man it's a good feeling knowing that when I get home I'll be diving into a brand new Dark Souls world.

GorillaJu

I'm having a hard time deciding which way I want to go build-wise. I had such a great time as a pure sorcerer in both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, but it was rubbish in Dark Souls 2. But Dark Souls 2 showed me that a melee character can be fun, which I didn't really entertain in the prior two games. I ended up finishing DS2 with a cleric. In DS3, I've completed the starter area with several different classes, and from what people say, the weapon variety is much larger in this game than the others too. Hmph.

One thing I've never tried is he slow tanky type, but I'm not sure if I want to do that here.

Build type is basically difficulty slider in DS3. Bosses in later areas are really fast and the slow cast time + the required mana management, and the fact you have to sacrifice healing and invest stats into things that don't help your survivability at all means you're paper as well as hitting like a wet towel too.

I kept my sorcerer up to date on the strongest spells, with an S scaling catalyst and 3 ring spots boosting magic dmg and I still do like 475 dmg with my strongest spell. A single swing with an unbuffed Greatsword on a much tankier STR build does about 475 dmg. A two hit combo is almost enough to stun some bosses.

There are some really awesome movesets on the new weapons, both STR and DEX. If you wanna fuck with the new hotness, try some of the new dual wield weapons, they've got nasty weapon arts.

Demo85

Banned
Just picked up the Claymore, haven't beaten the High Wall boss yet. Started with the battle axe is it worthwhile to upgrade the battle axe or claymore?

Persona7

Banned
Guys I can't play any of my games

image.jpg

What does that mean

Do you have multiple PS4s or did you sign in on a different system? Might want to change your password and make sure your email is secure ASAP if you don't. I think there is a 12 hour lockout under certain conditions related to this error.

mstevens

How long will the online activity be really busy? I don't want to start this until I finish dark souls 1, which might take me a few weeks. I don't want to have a hard time finding people to play with though!

Onemic

in Undead Settlement there's an area with an item and one of those cages with a bunch of bodies. I killed it, but the cage of bodies didnt seem hostile and it gave me 1000 souls. Did I just kill an NPC?

Corpekata

Banned
How long will the online activity be really busy? I don't want to start this until I finish dark souls 1, which might take me a few weeks. I don't want to have a hard time finding people to play with though!

It's always pretty easy to find players for bosses at least in this series (save some really easy ones generally). A few weeks might mean the summon signs stop appearing in random places like they are now though.

forever.

dark souls 2 was still very busy up until the launch of this game, and Dark 1 & Demon's still had online activity when I played them last year (including multiple invasions in Demon's!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom