• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
So sometimes I appear to be earning back Estus. I can't figure out what it is that's triggering it though. I want to say I've seen it happen most when I killed a Lothric Knight though I can't be sure as I'll just sort of notice it's gone up.

So sometimes I appear to be earning back Estus. I can't figure out what it is that's triggering it though. I want to say I've seen it happen most when I kille a Lothric Knight though I can't be sure as I'll just sort of notice it's gone up.

I think it randomly gives an Estus back from killing enemies

iPanDa

Neo Member
Do you have multiple PS4s or did you sign in on a different system? Might want to change your password and make sure your email is secure ASAP if you don't. I think there is a 12 hour lockout under certain conditions related to this error.

my friend is using this account as a primary account , so im the only one who is using it

i think i've to wait 12 hours but thats so weird :(

TitusTroy

on PC using kb/m what is the 'Remove Key Binding' default key?...the Xbox prompt shows as an X...I tried everything and nothing seems to work

2) is there no key I can bind to Block?

I didn't mind the framerate issues in Bloodborne as much as some people did. But coming straight from Scholar of the First Sin on PS4 to this.... Yikes.

I really wish console games would give us some options in terms of VFX settings. I'd gladly turn down the details/lighting a bit for higher FPS.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So sometimes I appear to be earning back Estus. I can't figure out what it is that's triggering it though. I want to say I've seen it happen most when I killed a Lothric Knight though I can't be sure as I'll just sort of notice it's gone up.

I have no idea what this is, but I noticed it too. It's atleast not related to online since I played before it was enabled.

Password coop is so bad at the moment, me and my bro were able to play together once and we're struggling to do so again. Servers are being hammered I imagine.

Persona7

Banned
my friend is using this account as a primary account , so im the only one who is using it

i think i've to wait 12 hours but thats so weird :(

Yeah, I was going to say that it locks out every account except the primary according to google research. R.I.P.

Corpekata

Banned
Looks like NPC phantoms are of the Bloodborne mold, as in useless. Summoned one for Vordt simply because I figured why not, he went to go fight some enemies I was avoiding and was quickly dead and doing pathetic damage.

Kalentan

Question, what's the best starter item? I know it changes per game. I want to say I will just pick Life Ring, but sometimes you get one not long after the start. Debating between Life Ring and Sovereignless Soul.

Jamiaro

Looks like NPC phantoms are of the Bloodborne mold, as in useless. Summoned one for Vordt simply because I figured why not, he went to go fight some enemies I was avoiding and was quickly dead and doing pathetic damage.

I've had good experiences with that NPC. Helped me beat a boss while I had ran out of Estus

Corpekata

Banned
Question, what's the best starter item? I know it changes per game. I want to say I will just pick Life Ring, but sometimes you get one not long after the start. Debating between Life Ring and Sovereignless Soul.

I'd vote for Fire Gem unless you're starting as Pyromancer. Fire's pretty useful early on.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

NPC's have always been there to draw aggro off you, not to do any sort of damage. It does seem like these games have one or two NPC's that can completely wreck a boss by themselves though.

GorillaJu

DS3 NPCs are the strongest I think I've ever seen in a Soups games. The one in front of Vordt's door can solo the boss if you have good luck.

Corpekata

Banned
NPC's have always been there to draw aggro off you, not to do any sort of damage. It does seem like these games have one or two NPC's that can completely wreck a boss by themselves though.

Not going to draw aggro if they die in like 20 seconds to Lothric Knights.

I'm not expecting great damage, but in Bloodborne and this they seem to have nerfed their damage and health significantly compared to the other games.

Knight/Warrior should be good, more so a knight. You are fairly powerful and have a great armor set and decent balanced stats for a first time run. But at the end of the day but how you act that determines the outcome in these games.

Knight's gear can take you through the entire game no problems. You might replace the longsword if you're deadset on it. I recommend
farming the great axe zombie by the first wall of lothric bonfire.
Thing is SO good :)

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

I'm not expecting great damage, but in Bloodborne and this they seem to have nerfed their damage and health significantly compared to the other games.

Well that's your problem. The AI is tailored to fight bosses, not mobs. Clear out the immediate area before you summon.

Sarcasm

You know it is probably programmed that way just a wild guess. Maybe they don't want you using it to farm non boss mobs. Just a guess though.

NPCS tanked some of the hardest bosses in the game for me without a lot of trouble. If you're unlucky they'll get killed but it didn't happen often.

All these games later and it's still too much to expect a good camera in big boss encounters. The
2nd boss fight with against that tree
is pure tedium. Absolutely no satisfaction from finishing that off

Trainman

Neo Member
Huh, I thought you could dual wield like in DS2 and go into a specific stance.

Guess you can't do it with scimitars....

As far as I know there are certain preset dual wield weapons (i.e. twinblades, brigand twindaggers) that you two hand to dual wield. Elsewise there seems to be no carryover powerstance from DS2.

Kalentan

I'd vote for Fire Gem unless you're starting as Pyromancer. Fire's pretty useful early on.

I think I shall do that.

Well here is my guy:

ZmNb.png

Very little tweaks. Maybe it's just me... But the default face honestly isn't that bad. At least in comparison to other games. I'd rather just do tiny tweaks than somehow end up with a monstrosity.

GorillaJu

All these games later and it's still too much to expect a good camera in big boss encounters. The
2nd boss fight with against that tree
is pure tedium. Absolutely no satisfaction from finishing that off

I love that fight because I can keep it permastunned.

The same rule as every souls game applies here. Don't lock on to giant enemies. All the important parts are completely visible and doesn't require a lock on.

Pachinko

Ok wtf.. is this game suppose to be this hard?... Can't even get past first boss ludex gundyr

It took me about 10 attempts and I'm terrible at these games but what I've learned is that a souls game will reward those that really look at what they're doing. Be mindful of which hands the bosses are attacking with , where are their holes in their defenses and when their attack patterns change did everything else get altered with it ?

Thankfully the road to Ludex is far shorter than going to the cleric beast in bloodborne, so retrying is a very short jaunt away. Learn from your mistakes. This is advice coming from someone who to this day can't beat the second boss in Bloodborne (gascoigne) but yeah, these aren't games for the easily frustrated.

Afrocious

As far as I know there are certain preset dual wield weapons (i.e. twinblades, brigand twindaggers) that you two hand to dual wield. Elsewise there seems to be no carryover powerstance from DS2.

Aw man. That sucks. Guess I'm single-handing it for now I guess. I'm running DEX, but I'm feeling like running Knight and going strength might be more fun.

Here's my gal:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom