• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Femto.

I just beat
Soul of Cinder
so if I
link the flame, does NG+ start immediately or will I have the choice to start it like in Dark Souls 2?

Dumb question, but does anyone know if tomes/scrolls carry over into NG+? I am assuming they do not, but would make my life a lot easier if they did.

test_account

XP-39C²
Thanks! And just delete save and then replace with the backup files if needed? Hope i won't have to... would feel like cheating.. but i really can't be bothered with having to retry those questlines in ng+ or on a whole new character.
I think so. I've never done it myself though.

24hr

I stupidly attacked Hawkwood and finally after 2 hours I have killed him. My god what have I got myself into with this game.

Ugh non-stop network errors now on Xbox One, keeps booting me out of the game. Wtf is this shit? Really ruining things.

@ 21 Shackles. >_< Oh well, off to bed now I guess its the games way of telling me to stop for today.

Siegmeyer

Best shield for a STR/DEX (amd FTH later) build, GO!
Still rockin' Dragon Crest Shield with no shards in it.

I like the Lothric Knight Shield, but you need it to drop early on as it's only purchasable much later.

100% physical block but about 10 more stability than the other mid-shields. Also fanatstic lightning resistance, and you can still parry with it.

Tevren

Worst feeling ever. Spend 30+ minutes getting a summon for Nameless King, i drop, and the phantom kills him on the next swing. Just soulcrushing. Since then, only one summon has even gotten him to phase 2.

Astral

I guess you enter the boss arena, pick up the souls, and use a Homeward Bone?

(I haven't fought the Dancer yet, so I might be missing something)

If you want to just salvage the souls, then enter the arena, pick up the souls and exit the game. You'll spawn outside the boss door when you reload.

Or were you asking for a strategy to beat dancer?

Well I got
teleported there after Yhorm
so now I'm just wandering around looking for stuff I missed in Irythill Dungeon.

Is anyone playing on Xbone and getting repeatedly booted to the main menu? I get an in-game message that comes up saying "Network error. Returning to title menu" or something along those lines, then I'm back at the menu.

This is happening constantly for me. I've had it since the JP release date, but this just started happening yesterday. Anyone else? I'm afraid it's going to soft-ban me from PVP because it keeps happening while I'm invading.

XBox Live social services were down yesterday, it then kicks you out. Ive had it too, today was fine. Dont think its a ban or something...

Well I got
so now I'm just wandering around looking for stuff I missed in Irythill Dungeon.

Answer:
Go to the Vordt of Boreal Valley bonfire and march over to that cathedral building across from it, where that old woman is. That is the Dancer's location. It's very badly telegraphed to the player; I only recognised it because of some torch shenanigans earlier in the game.

Well I got
If you're looking for the next place to go to, then after you beat
dancer
, you'll be able to unlock 4 more areas, of which 3 are off the beaten path/optional.

Siegmeyer

Question regarding getting the Platinum -

Do you have to get all the achievements on one character? I only have the final boss to go, but haven't healed my Dark Sigil or
given the eyes back to the fire-keeper
yet. Should I make a cloud save before I do anything further?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
i just took down
Pontiff
, also took down the giant earlier. how far am i? no spoilers pls

Astral

Answer:
Go to the Vordt of Boreal Valley bonfire and march over to that cathedral building across from it, where that old woman is. That is the Dancer's location. It's very badly telegraphed to the player; I only recognised it because of some torch shenanigans earlier in the game.

Oh shit that place. I forgot it even existed. Thanks.

E92 M3

Question regarding getting the Platinum -

Do you have to get all the achievements on one character? I only have the final boss to go, but haven't healed my Dark Sigil or
given the eyes back to the fire-keeper
yet. Should I make a cloud save before I do anything further?

One character, because you need the rings from NG+ and NG+2

myco666

Haha this is so stupid. Someone invaded me and I ran into boss area without triggering the boss and now the invader can't do anything to me and I just watch him running in circles without being able to attack me.

Randam

nice nice

After I made that intial post I ended up switching to generic knight armor cause the stuff I was using before was just to look cool lol. My weight ratio was like 28% before and my roll would go very far, going so far to the point where I couldn't counterattack properly when I would dodge his attacks. When I switched to the knight armor I got the medium dash, which was good because whenever I would dash I would be right on top of him and could stun him properly. Was pretty easy after that

i think that this boss is harder than
nameless king because for NK you only have to worry about his 2nd phase, but for this one you have to be on point for both phases

what weapons were you using for NK?

Korosenai

It's like a gigantic slap in the face that they put the Wolf Ring +1 right next to the bonfire for farming sword grass off those 3 enemies in NG+.

"Oh you need 30 sword grass to get the wolf ring? Well here's the +1 version of that ring for free. You're welcome"

Mindlog

That feel when you kill a pretty cheap boss on your second try, but then die because you spam an emote instead of dodging its final attack -_-

Guys, I need some help. i decided to check good old Undead Settlement, after I saw that I missed an area. But I cannot find it at all. Only hint I have is the door that :does not open from this side", in the area where there's a hallway with caages full of people and a hole two small guys fall from.

r3n4ud

Yeah finally managed to get there but I've come off now. Can't believe how little progress I've made lol.
It's all good man

Take it slow and steady. Best way to let the game absorb you :)

----

Guys, I need some help. i decided to check good old Undead Settlement, after I saw that I missed an area. But I cannot find it at all. Only hint I have is the door that :does not open from this side", in the area where there's a hallway with caages full of people and a hole two small guys fall from.

That area is where you ride the elevator up halfway and fall off onto the plank and meet up with the knight (sorry forgot his name). You then fight the demon and towards the right there are stairs to go up into that area you missed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom