• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorheez

So um... Who was responsible for fucking up poise over at From? I have the entire S
mough
set on and the W
olf
ring and it isn't doing SHIT for stopping anything. I am getting staggered by absolutely everything. Even little blade wielding dweebs are making me look like a fucking balloon. It's infuriating. My favorite builds were always the tank build and they've been fucked over again. I won't be playing this again when I beat it, considering the only viable build involves using a shield.

Are titanite chunks hard to come by? I am hoping I can easily upgrade at least 3 or so weapons?
They drop like candy in
Archdragon peak and Lothric Castle.
You can also farm them quite easily in
Consumed king's garden (knights) and untended graves(mad dual wielding hollows)
. Or you can just buy them towards the end of the game.
Guys, I need some help. i decided to check good old Undead Settlement, after I saw that I missed an area. But I cannot find it at all. Only hint I have is the door that :does not open from this side", in the area where there's a hallway with caages full of people and a hole two small guys fall from.

Go to the undead settlement bonfire, go straight into the house, kill/avoid the thralls on the lower floor. In front you'll see the fire around a tree with the evangelist and lots of minions. There are two pathways here. Straight ahead after the tree is a door which you can open and follow the path to the hallway with those cages and the two thralls that drop down on you from above. :)

So um... Who was responsible for fucking up poise over at From? I have the entire S
mough
set on and the W
olf
ring and it isn't doing SHIT for stopping anything. I am getting staggered by absolutely everything. Even little blade wielding dweebs are making me look like a fucking balloon. It's infuriating. My favorite builds were always the tank build and they've been fucked over again. I won't be playing this again when I beat it, considering the only viable build involves using a shield.
I'm really disappointed by the lack of poise relevance. It's not like it's easy mode. Just a different play style.

Guys, I need some help. i decided to check good old Undead Settlement, after I saw that I missed an area. But I cannot find it at all. Only hint I have is the door that :does not open from this side", in the area where there's a hallway with caages full of people and a hole two small guys fall from.

You want to get in behind the door that "does not open from this side"?

You have to
fall into the room from a hole in the floor above

Fun fact:
I once fell into that room when I was invading. Problem is, only the host can open it up. So I was stuck in a tiny room, with two phantoms and the host. I did not last long lol

Can you get shackles by being a friendly purple phantom or do you need to kill the person?

You can if the host doesn't have any other phantoms summoned if you help the host defeat an invader (you win by killing the host or killing every other phantom present, whether they be friendly or hostile to the host)

Uchigatana, warden twinblades, dark sword, onikiri and ubadachi are my go tos.

For a weapon with Stance and Strong, two handed hits, I quite liked the Hollowslayer Greatsword. At +5 and 24 dexterity I was doing about 540 damage on those thrall monkeys in the archives. Plus, not many dex weapons with boss souls, so you want to spend those scales on something anyway.

I also really like the Goddard Twin Swords. That roll+L1 attack is a super reachy and fast poke, with two swords, for extra damage. Since many bosses rely on: roll, poke, roll, poke, anyway, its a good weapon to use on bosses.

Cheers guys. Much appreciated.

SRTtoZ

Beat the game last night with a pure STR build, tons of stamina and equip load etc. Today I think I'm going to start a sorcerer with a dex wep. Has anyone done this? Does it work well?

Jrmint

How did you guys deal with the Giant Slave in Ithiryll Dungeon? I've been hitting him in the hand with my sword and then shooting him with an arrow and repeating that process.

I accidentally fell off and died to the rats though, but it seemed like it was taking forever.

What strat did you guys do?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
How did you guys deal with the Giant Slave in Ithiryll Dungeon? I've been hitting him in the hand with my sword and then shooting him with an arrow and repeating that process.

I accidentally fell off and died to the rats though, but it seemed like it was taking forever.

Drop down, use hallway down there to deal with rats and attack it from the feet.

-Opaque-

I used Spook to drop to the bottom and fought the rats while stabbing his legs, his stomps will also kill the rats which helps.

Final boss was a pushover for me. I tend to toy around and learn patterns on my first attempt, but that was enough it seems haha. Final boss of Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne took me a whole lot longer. Game length wise, it fell between those two as well.

CHC

Drop down from the lowest part of the ledge, deal with the rats, then hack at his ankles.

Astral

Man I hate summoning for a boss I haven't beaten at least once. I feel like such a cheater. I summoned
Hawkwood
against
Oceiros
because I assumed it was part of his questline or something. I probably wouldn't have won alone either.

Khezu

Pyromancy makes those crocodile dog monsters a fucking joke.

I mean once you learned there patterns they were kinda easy, but man, two shotting them is fun after how much they screwed me up in that basement.

Frimaire

I was just buying stuff from the Shrine Handmaiden.
Then I put my controller down and accidentally hit a button.
This caused me to attack her, killing her instantly.
Fuck me

Audioboxer

I like the Lothric Knight Shield, but you need it to drop early on as it's only purchasable much later.

100% physical block but about 10 more stability than the other mid-shields. Also fanatstic lightning resistance, and you can still parry with it.

Shield of Want offers higher stats and stability (minus lighting). It opts for weapon skill over parry though.

Evo X

I'm looking at my local Best Buy inventory online and there is a regular Dark Souls 3 and a "Day One Edition."

Any difference between the two content wise?

Fuck me

Go to Velka (locked sewer door in Undead Settlement, use Bridge waypoint) and request Absolution

SRTtoZ

Fuck me

Lol this happened to me. She respawns if you teleport away and bonfire back but her stuff is more expensive now.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I asked earlier if there are any non cosmetic penalties to drawing out true strength. If it's just going to make me look weird with no other consequences I am all about doing it.

Can anyone tell me if it changes anything besides my appearance ?

LogicStep

So after beating the game i looked up a few things. One of the things I missed was
Greirat
. I went and got him out of his cell. He went to the shrine, I gave him the
Loretta's
bone that I had found when I was still starting the game. Got the emote from him. I wanted to buy the Estoc but he didn't have it. Looks like he has to go out to pillage and he'll have it when he comes back. Well... how long does that take? I've left and come back to the shrine a couple of times and nothing. I looked up that he can die so I went to get his ashes but they weren't there so maybe he isn't dead yet?

I asked earlier if there are any non cosmetic penalties to drawing out true strength. If it's just going to make me look weird with no other consequences I am all about doing it.

Can anyone tell me if it changes anything besides my appearance ?

Can change the ending if you follow certain queslines.

I'm looking at my local Best Buy inventory online and there is a regular Dark Souls 3 and a "Day One Edition."

Any difference between the two content wise?

Uhh, not really? I looked at the content it lists as extras awhile back and one of the bonuses it said it had was an instruction manual that it came with (which implied to me that the non-day 1 versions don't have one).

Gamestop also gave me a nifty keychain for it, but I don't know if you'll get that getting the Day 1 edition now.

Besides that, you get a different (and IMO better) box art for the game case, but as a trade off it has this really tacky "Day 1 edition" banner on the top like MGSV had.

Manu

Man I hate summoning for a boss I haven't beaten at least once. I feel like such a cheater. I summoned
Hawkwood
against
Oceiros
because I assumed it was part of his questline or something. I probably wouldn't have won alone either.

The same thing happened to me. It was the only boss I summoned for in the whole game because I didn't see him coming.

Herbs

Banned
Holy shit. The beginning of I
thyril
B
oreal
V
alley
Took me an hour to get through that onslaught to the second bonfire. Motherfuckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom