• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
What is the highest damage dealing Strength weapon in the game (including boss weapons)?

That big enemy at the start I
rithryll
is straight up the
Watchdog
from BB. It has the same shaped head and has some of the same attacks even.

But what a gorgeous area. Like eye-poppingly beautiful, they've done other snow areas but the lighting here is different to any other, it's just majestic.

Holy shit. The beginning of I
thyril
B
oreal
V
alley
Took me an hour to get through that onslaught to the second bonfire. Motherfuckers.
Sounds like we're at the same point!

So I beat the final boss, with the
Usurption of fire ending
then chose not to go right on to NG+ so I could collect items and finish covenant stuff before then.

But some of the vendor npcs seem to have disappeared from my firelink shrine, and I don't know if I screwed something up or if they've just moved or what.

Specifically
Yuria of Londor
and
Irina of Carim

The first I don't really care about as I got all the relevant items for trophies from her, I believe. I didn't get all the
Braille tomes
though for the second, and hope I haven't screwed myself out of some of the items those unlock until I get all the stuff again on a NG+?

I was rather hoping I could do all the annoying vendor stuff now and just do minimal work on NG+ and NG++ to get the platinum.
Admittedly, I kinda marathoned several bosses without actually checking on the npc that disappeared, so it could have happened anywhere from the start of the last lord of cinder area.

Frimaire

This game's quest's lines are seriously flawed. So frustrated with both Siegward and Anri.

Yeah, this is kinda my biggest problem with Souls games.
It's so easy to mess up npc questlines and make them incompletable until ng+.
Like, even just going to a different area first can mess some of them up.

So I beat the final boss, with the
Usurption of fire ending
then chose not to go right on to NG+ so I could collect items and finish covenant stuff before then.

But some of the vendor npcs seem to have disappeared from my firelink shrine, and I don't know if I screwed something up or if they've just moved or what.

Specifically
Yuria of Londor
and
Irina of Carim

The first I don't really care about as I got all the relevant items for trophies from her, I believe. I didn't get all the
Braille tomes
though for the second, and hope I haven't screwed myself out of some of the items those unlock until I get all the stuff again on a NG+?

I was rather hoping I could do all the annoying vendor stuff now and just do minimal work on NG+ and NG++ to get the platinum.
Admittedly, I kinda marathoned several bosses without actually checking on the npc that disappeared, so it could have happened anywhere from the start of the last lord of cinder area.

Irina will be in the tower where Uchikatana guy was (if you only bought non dark miracles from her).

Dahbomb

yhorm might be the easiest boss battle in the history of souls. jesus christ what a gimmick
Nah easiest is AW
(Ancient Wyver, not Abyss Watchers).

Yhorm is pretty disappoint because his moveset, animations and visuals are pretty dope... would've loved to fight him in an honest fight (and by honest I mean where his HP isn't a million).

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
That big enemy at the start I
rithryll
is straight up the
Watchdog
from BB. It has the same shaped head and has some of the same attacks even.

Yep, I guess it also explains why I had little trouble with it, while others seemed to hate it. If you've beaten [BB]
the chalice watchdog, its moveset is second nature.

Damnit I want Archdeacon Great Staff so I can use a Miracle build and still use sorcerer spells like usual but I'm not farming 30 off those guys. It'll take forever :(

thyril
B
oreal
V
alley
Took me an hour to get through that onslaught to the second bonfire. Motherfuckers.

Yeah, I just ran past him, he can't follow past a certain point. It was then that I decided I needed a new weapon. I've only crept a few paces past that second bonfire and I was getting wrecked real fast.

Herbs

Banned
Yeah, I just ran past him, he can't follow past a certain point. It was then that I decided I needed a new weapon. I've only crept a few paces past that second bonfire and I was getting wrecked real fast.

Oh shit, I realized I meant I made it to the third one after the second one after the bridge. Yeah, that area is insane. Good luck.

Hagi

Any tips for
Dragonslayer Armor
I think this is the first boos I'm legit having trouble with. I can get him down to half but then he wrecks my shit plus there's the environment stuff that makes it harder.

Is there any way to farm embers? I bought all of them from the shine maiden but no I have a big fat zero. Is there a way to respec in this game like 2?

Arjen

thyril
B
oreal
V
alley

This is my favorite place to invade. So much chaos

Kaname

Weee got all the achievements.

All those Covenants' Items!

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Danny 117

No joke, I'm getting disconnected like every 10 minutes or so from the servers on Xbox One. Wondering if it's an issue with my setup or if live is generally being shit.

Manu

Looks like DS3 is gonna be one of those games where GAF, despite not being a hivemind, has a majority opinion that somehow is different than everyone else's. Goddamn.

pa22word

Looks like DS3 is gonna be one of those games where GAF, despite not being a hivemind, has a majority opinion that somehow is different than everyone else's. Goddamn.

Hey at least no one's doing those completely idiotic credits comparisons again.

Mafro

You can actually cheese that thing really easily.
There aren't any fog walls and if you run past it back through the archway at the start of the bridge it'll stop attacking you letting you get in some free hits, then it'll despawn. It'll respawn again when you walk back through but his health won't reset, so you can just do that a few times if you're having too much trouble.

Astral

Either I'm being sloppy or From is killing it with these bosses. My last two fights have been so clutch.
Champion Gundyr
is so fun.

Floody

Bloody hell, the N
ameless
K
ing
is fucking me up, I can beat his first phase easily enough, but the second phase
I haven't even got him half way yet
in about 10-15 attempts. What level should I be? Should I just leave him until last? and what's a good weapon too use against him, I think my Black Knight Sword is too slow and takes too much stamina to really be useful.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

I don't see it. GAF users are very much in line with everywhere else on this one. Then again I am one weird person in terms of tastes, so I'm used to liking bizarre stuff.

Bloody hell, the N
ameless
K
ing
is fucking me up, I can beat his first phase easily enough, but the second phase
in about 10-15 attempts. What level should I be, should I just leave him until last? and what's a good weapon too use against him, I think my Black Knight Sword is too slow and takes too much stamina to really be useful.

I believe phase one its weak to lightning, and second phase its weak to dark. I was ~100 when I did it.

Manu

What's GAF opinion on it and what's the other majority's opinion?

Going by that thread opened today, apparently DS3 is the worst DS by far because it doesn't do anything new and everything feels like a retread. Also something about uninspired bosses and such. I mean, the game does some callbacks and references, and it goes a bit overboard at times, but I just can't see this one being the worst. And it's been extremely well received critically too.

I don't know. I've been extra sensitive to internet negativity lately.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dumbest post in all threads of anything even remotely related to Souls and Bloodborne.

Good job, you deserve a prize.

Floody

I believe phase one its weak to lightning, and second phase its weak to dark. I was ~100 when I did it.

I'm currently in the 70s, I'll come back later, guy takes like 75% of my health with a single hit. I'm just wasting e
mbers
now. Cool as fuck fight though, probably my favorite so far.

Dahbomb

Going by that thread opened today, apparently DS3 is the worst DS by far because it doesn't do anything new and everything feels like a retread. Also something about uninspired bosses and such. I mean, the game does some callbacks and references, and it goes a bit overboard at times, but I just can't see this one being the worst. And it's been extremely well received critically too.

Nah quite a lot of people on GAF enjoy the game a lot. It might be divisive at worst.

I can't really agree with anyone who says it's the worst Souls.

DukeBobby

Bloody hell, the N
ameless
K
ing
in about 10-15 attempts. What level should I be? Should I just leave him until last? and what's a good weapon too use against him, I think my Black Knight Sword is too slow and takes too much stamina to really be useful.

I was level 64 and I definitely felt under-levelled. Took me a few hours to bring him down with my Sharp Uchigatana +10, which I used for pretty much the entire game. He makes the last boss seem trivial in comparison.

usp84

Omg you are like that guy from earlier.i really really hate these posts.

You just choose to focus on every single comment that says anything bad about the game while completely ignoring the fact that the game is praised my most people everywhere.

Honestly its more your problem than the game's

I'm currently in the 70s, I'll come back later, guy takes like 75% of my health with a single hit. I'm just wasting e
mbers
now. Cool as fuck fight though, probably my favorite so far.

When I was having trouble with a boss, rather than use embers up, I preferred using the sun covenant and the white soapstone. If you help someone beat a boss, you get an ember back + embered automatically if you're not, and risk free practice at learning the bosses moves.

Of course, you have to beat the boss without summoning other players when you do it!

pa22word

What's the consensus on the
Drakeblood Greatsword?

Seems like it would be a good quality weapon. I could max one out for you right quick to check the scaling, as i'm sitting on like 5 million souls with nothing to spend them on, ha!

I don't see how anyone can look at the DS3 fantastic boss gallery and call it the series' weakest bosses.

I don't think they're the worst, but they're not very good by and by.

Most of them are style over substance bosses that are way too easy to ever put up a good fight before NG++ and beyond.

Manu

Omg you are like that guy from earlier.i really really hate these posts.

You just choose to focus on every single comment that says anything bad about the game whike completely ignoring the fact that the game is praised my kost people everywhere.

Honestly its more your problem than the game's

Uh, no? That's actually the whole point of my post.

Again, I'm just so tired of internet negativity lately and make it seem worse than it is. I'm seriously considering just stopping getting on gaming forums and such.

Sorry, thought it was pretty obvious that I meant Manu's downright inaccurate, almost-trollish post.

The fuck?

Dimmle

I don't think they're the worst, but they're not very good by and by.

Most of them are style over substance bosses that are way too easy to ever put up a good fight before NG++ and beyond.

I love DS2 but I'd put these bosses above DS2's base offerings, for the most part. They're very strong, conceptually.

justjim89

Two late game questions:

Is
Archdragon Peak
worth the trouble? Between the
axe-wielding serpents and the mages that summon NPC knights and Havels
, I'm really having trouble with this area. I love the sunny look of it and how much it stands out from the other environments, but the enemies are a real pain.

I gave the Fire Keeper the
Fire Keeper Eyes
. What are the implications of the two options of the question she asks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom