• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

Where's the easiest/cheapest place to get rusted coins? I've just run through the
Cathedral of the Deep

Playing on xbox one, network error keeps booting me to start screen. Happened like 4 times now, really annoying.

Edit: 5 times. Will come back later, games unplayable for me right now.

Ok, so it's not just me. It's doubly frustrating because I have to do the "download something else on the side" in order to get past the calibration phase and actually got online in Dark Souls 3 in the first fucking place. So after doing all that and then getting a network error 5 minutes after, I want to throw my controller.

That sucks. But yeah, sounds like the social and gaming side is down again. I was getting booted back to the menu every 5-10 mins.

Just defeated
Lorian, Elder Prince.
Where do I go from there? I am assuming only one boss is left after him.

Also if someone can tell me how to access the N
amless king?
I would be thankful. I think that is the name.

Look for vids on how to get to Archdragon Peak for NK. Also there is a named in Untended Graves if you haven't been there yet.

DukeBobby

Its typical GAF, people usually go overboard with their opinions.I've heard someone said that Nashandra is a better final boss than
Soul of Cinders

lolwut

Yeah, I read that too. Completely baffling.

She is by far the worst end boss in the series.

K' Dash

Just defeated
Lorian, Elder Prince.
Where do I go from there? I am assuming only one boss is left after him.

Also if someone can tell me how to access the N
amless king?
I would be thankful. I think that is the name.

You will have to beat 2 optional bosses and go to 3 optional areas before fighting that one.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Look for vids on how to get to Archdragon Peak for NK. Also there is a named in Untended Graves if you haven't been there yet.

Thank you. Cool will do. So the
final boss is in Untended Graves?
. Went there before but there was nothing in the
firelink shrine area
. Will check again if there is a boss.

Does the weapon I use even matter? Getting lots of conflicting info in my searches. :x

I am playing Pyromancer and have no idea what weapon is best for this class. I am currently weaving in and out of magic and melee swipes with my Uchigatana. But is there a weapon I should be looking to get or focus on that would be more beneficial to the class?

MilkBeard

We'll see in a few weeks when the hype deflates, I'll reserve my unpopular opinion until then.

Not that I don't love the game, but yeah, there was some disappointing stuff.

See my post above. I'm finished with NG, and now I'm simply sad that there's no more progression left. I've found most of everything that can be found in one playthrough.

We also have DLC coming out at some point this year as well, and some future tweaks. Personally I'm really cool with the repeating areas, especially because of the implications it has on how the game connects to DS1.

Can't wait for the DLC. I'm practically frothing at the mouth.

Ellite25

Yup, looks like a total quality weapon. Looks like a total beast though even at my 40 STR/18 DEX guy as if my calcs are right it has 536 total damage which considering it looks like you can infuse it that would make it fucking stout as hell with that quality infusion gem.
How does the damage work since some of the damage is under the elemental stuff rather than physical? And thank you!

Ledbetter

I mean yeah I think mirror knight is a wonderfully pretty fight that has a lot going on aesethically, but that doesn't really change the fact that he as long as you know how to roll you can beat him in about 2 mins because his health bar is so short.

That's essentially aw. Except aw doesn't have anything going for it in game mechanics to make it more interesting. No bonfire ascetics no champions cov, just a 2 min fight you can tank through without burning an estus if you can roll right.

Sorry, this is my first Dark Souls game, so I had to look up which boss you were referring to :p

But I can see your point, maybe it's the fact that i haven't done PvP (no PS+) and because this fight looks like one (with pretty effects and nice music) that made me enjoy this boss.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
1441092112-0-discaric3ud0l.jpg

If there was a way to dupe the covenant trophy/level up items, I would seriously consider it.

Just got to the
Abyss Watchers
:(

I feel my match has been met. Was progressing through the game relatively easily until this, so frustrating.

For what it's worth he was the toughest boss in the entire game for me. If you rely more on dodging than on parrying he is definitely up there. Even in general he is probably in the top 5.

Just remember to stay on his right and in his grill during the second phase.

Tesser

For what it's worth he was the toughest boss in the entire game for me. If you rely more on dodging than on parrying he is definitely up there. Even in general he is probably in the top 5.

Just remember to stay on his right and in his grill during the second phase.

I can't into parrying whatsoever but the Abyss Watchers was such a fun and enjoyable boss fight for me - one of the first tense moments in the game.

gaugebozo

Wolf Knight Greatsword was probably my single biggest disappointment with the game. I also had it up to +3 for the
Pontiff
boss fight, and the attack speed was too low for it to be viable. After dying about 20 times to the boss, I switched back to my starting Battle Axe +6, and got him on my first try.

As it stands now, the tradeoff of lower attack speed for higher damage output for most greatswords and ultra greatswords is just not worth it.

That battle is exactly why I'm changing. :-/

Actually, the wkgs is amazing for
Aldritch
because of the extra anti-abyss damage

Why is it okay for enemies to fuck you up as you're getting back up from the ground in this? Of the hundreds of hours of played for the other Souls games, I swear this has never been an issue before. It's so frustrating. There's like 0 invincibility.

MilkBeard

Why is it okay for enemies to fuck you up as you're getting back up from the ground in this? Of the hundreds of hours of played for the other Souls games, I swear this has never been an issue before. It's so frustrating. There's like 0 invincibility.

There is invincibility, but there is a certain part of the tail end of the animation where you go out of invincibility. I think if you plan to roll at that time you will be able to evade.

Certain attacks have a unique attack though that will deal damage while on the ground. Some enemies have it, and some weapons.

For example, the
Firelink Greatsword's
L2 attack will deal flame damage, knock an enemy down, and then deal another attack while they are on the ground.

Farron Keep is a fun place to invade in. Plenty of strong enemies to hide behind when you encounter a scrublord host party that refuses to fight one on one, there are plenty of really strong enemies to help you out. So you've got a little sun bro friend? Well isn't that cute? How do you like my Stray Demon friend, bitch?

Only the giant pot throwing/bashing guys in Undead Settlement have done this to me.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

r3n4ud

Does the weapon I use even matter? Getting lots of conflicting info in my searches. :x

I am playing Pyromancer and have no idea what weapon is best for this class. I am currently weaving in and out of magic and melee swipes with my Uchigatana. But is there a weapon I should be looking to get or focus on that would be more beneficial to the class?

I'm a pyromaniac as well and I'm using a longsword infused with fire. For us, it would be wise to infuse with chaos since it scales with int/fath. But I'm not that far along in the game yet to find a chaos gem.

kagamin

GETTING CAUGHT IN THE UNBLOCKABLE!

So I just defeated
Aldrich, making 3 out of the 4 lords of Cinder down.
. I'm only 17 hours in, please tell me it's not almost over?

Have you beaten any optional bosses? Are you actually exploring and getting items? Are you just running at enemies? I know if I just sprinted past enemies to boss rooms I'd be at the game in 15-20 hours but it took me 60.

Jesus mother of fuck the N.K.is fucking unstoppable. We're talking Ludwig and Flamelurker levels of difficulty. First phase is fairly simple, but his second phase ruins me.

kagamin

Jesus mother of fuck the N.K.is fucking unstoppable. We're talking Ludwig and Flamelurker levels of difficulty. First phase is fairly simple, but his second phase ruins me.

It's a fight where you have to keep a very close eye on your stamina, and only attack after a move with long recovery, if you keep both of those in mind you should be able to beat him.

neoism

Yup, looks like a total quality weapon. Looks like a total beast though even at my 40 STR/18 DEX guy as if my calcs are right it has 536 total damage which considering it looks like you can infuse it that would make it fucking stout as hell with that quality infusion gem.

damn were you get that sword

Ame

Is it better to Heavy gem infuse Dark Sword or Refine gem it?

Both are good. Although from what I've heard if you get both your STR and DEX to 40, refined is the way to go. Otherwise a heavy gem infused Dark Sword still hits like a truck.

Arkeband

Banned
I might need a new weapon to beat the boss referred to above. Currently having some issues with it but using the Sharp Sellsword Twinblades +10 which attack fairly fast with L1...

Have they said when the first DLC pack is coming out?

When they released the Bloodborne DLC, I already started NG+, so I had to play through the game up to a point I could access the DLC. Not making that mistake this time.

pa22word

damn were you get that sword
Archdragon peak, immediately after Ancient Wyvern fight
How does the damage work since some of the damage is under the elemental stuff rather than physical? And thank you!

It has no buffs that I could see when I toyed around with it a bit, so I would assume it just stacks on top. It has a really fun moveset too.

Totally a viable weapon from what I could tell and well worth the upgrades considering it has a standard upgrade path /and/ can be infused. Didn't think to check to see if it could be buffed, prolly not as it has all that elemental stuff stacked on top, but if it can it'd be a total game destroyer PVE and pretty mean in PVP.

Gvitor

I dunno if I'm just unlucky or haven't been exploring in the right places, but I'm up to A
nor
L
ondo
/ P
rofaned
C
apital
and I have two straight swords ._. I really want to change my broadsword... hopefully before the item that upgrades it to +7 starts appearing.

Is the Olf Wolf Curved Sword worth farming for? It seems to be the only item worth a damn that you can get from the pain in the ass covenants (watchdogs, sentinels and darkmoons). I've gotten summoned for the watchdogs ONCE in five or so hours running around with the covenant on today. So if I want that sword, I had better farm for it

What's the best way to farm the bloodgrasses? Is it as much of a pain in the ass to farm for as some of the other covenant items I've heard people complain about?

This game has been an absolute shitshow on XB1 this weekend. I'm actually pretty embarrassed for From, on top of my own significant personal frustration. It surely leaves quite an abysmal first impression with new players having to deal with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom