• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkBeard

I dunno if I'm just unlucky or haven't been exploring in the right places, but I'm up to A
nor
L
ondo
/ P
rofaned
C
apital
and I have two straight swords ._. I really want to change my broadsword... hopefully before the item that upgrades it to +7 starts appearing.

You should have a pretty good wealth of weapons by this point. Have you transposed any boss souls yet? Also, some of the rare-placed harder enemies drop good weapons, so definitely don't run away from them.

So does the display from E3 ever show up? Or should I understand what it going on in it?

YWrhrf2l.jpg

MilkBeard

This game has been an absolute shitshow on XB1 this weekend. I'm actually pretty embarrassed for From, on top of my own significant personal frustration. It surely leaves quite an abysmal first impression with new players having to deal with this.

Deal with what? The online stuff was running decently on PSPlus, except for a few times were the connections were dropping.

It should be well known by now that most games released have online issues at launch. Many, many games this gen have had issues.

JDB

Banned
Jesus mother of fuck the N.K.is fucking unstoppable. We're talking Ludwig and Flamelurker levels of difficulty. First phase is fairly simple, but his second phase ruins me.
His attacks are pretty straight-forward, relatively slow, clearly telegraphed and he never does more than three in quick succession. He's not a boss who just keeps hammering you without giving you a break so he's pretty manageable if you take it slow.

Trakan

Yup, looks like a total quality weapon. Looks like a total beast though even at my 40 STR/18 DEX guy as if my calcs are right it has 536 total damage which considering it looks like you can infuse it that would make it fucking stout as hell with that quality infusion gem.

It gets 506 AR with Raw infusion too.

Gvitor

You should have a pretty good wealth of weapons by this point. Have you transposed any boss souls yet? Also, some of the rare-placed harder enemies drop good weapons, so definitely don't run away from them.

I have lots of weapons, 4-5 of each class, give or take (some even more). Straight Swords, which is my weapon of choice is the odd one out. I only have Broadsword and Irithyll Straight Sword.

I'm transposing them alright. The only straight sword from them is the Cleric's Candlestick, that seems to be worse than the Broadsword...

Deal with what? The online stuff was running decently on PSPlus, except for a few times were the connections were dropping.

It should be well known by now that most games released have online issues at launch. Many, many games this gen have had issues.

Constant network errors kicking you back to the main menu, even if you're not actively in an online session (with other players). It happens every few minutes. And it's probably more of an issue with XBL than From, but the impression remains.

BraXzy

I was waiting on my GPU upgrade before I started the game. Finally got a 970 and ran into issues. Today I've finally solved them and everything is running perfectly.

I'M GOING IN FOLKS!!

I'm basically a Souls noob too. Oh boy.

kagamin

I was waiting on my GPU upgrade before I started the game. Finally got a 970 and ran into issues. Today I've finally solved them and everything is running perfectly.

I'M GOING IN FOLKS!!

Awesome! As a PC player I'm behind you all the way. :p

pa22word

So does the display from E3 ever show up? Or should I understand what it going on in it?

YWrhrf2l.jpg

Na, looks like they just cut out the user placed bonfire mechanic entirely. Would def explain some of the more asinine bonfire and shortcut placements in the game if they just suddenly hit panic mode halfway through and started throwing normal bonfires everywhere.

Arkeband

Banned

I'M GOING IN FOLKS!!

I've had a handful of crashes even with a 970 and the most recent driver, though if you pull the game back up after the CTD, it doesn't crash again. However, just to show how much of a piece of shit GeForce Experience is and always has been, it literally doesn't think you have a GPU until a restart.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Fuck yeah!

After many failed attempts, I finally brought down
Nameless King
. I felt like I was moving with such precision on that final attempt; it was like I could see his attacks in slow motion. It was so awesome. Easily the most difficult boss in the game, and probably in the whole Souls universe for me. But exceptional nonetheless, and a great fight.

Brought him down with my level 93 badass, a Broadsword +9, and a Black Knight Shield.

36 hours in, and about to take care of the final boss.

BraXzy

Sorry if this has been asked a dozen times before but.. What class is good for a semi-beginner? I'm thinking the Knight purely because it looks the coolest :3

Sorry if this has been asked a dozen times before but.. What class is good for a semi-beginner? I'm thinking the Knight purely because it looks the coolest :3

Knight or Warrior are the two most beginner friendly I would say. Remember you can always respec if you want to try different playstyle.

The Lamp

Guys I have no idea where Siegward is. Help.
The first and only time I talked to him was at the elevator of the giant in Undead Settlement. I heard him going "hmmm" at the elevator but never could find him. Ever since, I have not seen or heard of him, anywhere in the game. He's not even in the cell in Irithryll Dungeon. He wasn't in the kitchen. He's been nowhere.
where the fuck did he go?

Guys I have no idea where Siegward is. Help.
The first and only time I talked to him was at the elevator of the giant in Undead Settlement. I heard him going "hmmm" at the elevator but never could find him. Ever since, I have not seen or heard of him, anywhere in the game. He's not even in the cell in Irithryll Dungeon. He wasn't in the kitchen. He's been nowhere.
where the fuck did he go?

Try rolling off the elevator while going up. But you might have progressed to far if you reached the kitchen already.

BraXzy

Knight or Warrior are the two most beginner friendly I would say. Remember you can always respec if you want to try different playstyle.

Hmm okay I think Knight it is then. Do play styles vary wildly between?

I played a good few hours of Bloodborne and used the Sawblade if that helps.

Is the Olf Wolf Curved Sword worth farming for? It seems to be the only item worth a damn that you can get from the pain in the ass covenants (watchdogs, sentinels and darkmoons). I've gotten summoned for the watchdogs ONCE in five or so hours running around with the covenant on today. So if I want that sword, I had better farm for it

What's the best way to farm the bloodgrasses? Is it as much of a pain in the ass to farm for as some of the other covenant items I've heard people complain about?

I like it quite a bit. You can farm for the Swordgrass right near the Keep Ruins Bonfire where you'll see 3 of those shaman looking enmies with spears - they drop 'em, but they're rare.

Hmm okay I think Knight it is then. Do play styles vary wildly between?

I played a good few hours of Bloodborne and used the Sawblade if that helps.

They can depending on what you are going for, but also remember gear and weapons will play a huge role in that.

Got to A
nor Londo.

Pontiff Sulyvahn
was rough.

Knight or Pyromancer.

Knight is your basic tank class. Good starting stats for learning you the basics

Pyro has a basic projectile fire spell that is real nice to cheesing early enemies but it isnt as good with melee and is limited to lighter amour until you upgrade a bit.

I would probably say just go Knight since its basically the default starter.

MilkBeard

Jesus mother of fuck the N.K.is fucking unstoppable. We're talking Ludwig and Flamelurker levels of difficulty. First phase is fairly simple, but his second phase ruins me.

I wouldn't go that far. Ludwig was just on an entirely different level. Even with summons, Ludwig was just a beast. N.K. has some weaknesses that make him fairly easy once you understand. He also doesn't attack as relentlessly.

Kyoufu

Is the Olf Wolf Curved Sword worth farming for? It seems to be the only item worth a damn that you can get from the pain in the ass covenants (watchdogs, sentinels and darkmoons). I've gotten summoned for the watchdogs ONCE in five or so hours running around with the covenant on today. So if I want that sword, I had better farm for it

What's the best way to farm the bloodgrasses? Is it as much of a pain in the ass to farm for as some of the other covenant items I've heard people complain about?

Swordgrass is by far the easiest to farm. I was done farming 30 rather quickly with around 380 Item Discovery. I think other covenants have better items though.

Just beat C
hampion
G
undyr
with 2 estus flasks. What were people having a hard time with with his attack patterns? Seemed pretty straighforward. Not trying to stealth brag, just legitimately surprised by how easy it was. At about 20% health I started assuming there would be a stage two.

The Lamp

Check the well outside Cleansing Chapel bonfire, that would be his second location.

I found him! He's in the well!

Well what do I do now considering I'm
all the way at profaned Capitol! Even opened his jail cell so I don't think he can be jailed anymore...so weird
lol

MilkBeard

I have lots of weapons, 4-5 of each class, give or take (some even more). Straight Swords, which is my weapon of choice is the odd one out. I only have Broadsword and Irithyll Straight Sword.

I'm transposing them alright. The only straight sword from them is the Cleric's Candlestick, that seems to be worse than the Broadsword...

Ah, I see you just want more straight-sword types. There aren't that many in the game.

DukeBobby

Just beat C
hampion
G
undyr
with 2 estus flasks. What were people having a hard time with with his attack patterns? Seemed pretty straighforward. Not trying to stealth brag, just legitimately surprised by how easy it was. At about 20% health I started assuming there would be a stage two.

His kick and shoulder charge caught me off guard. I think I beat him on my 4th try.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Bloody hell, the N
ameless
K
ing
is fucking me up, I can beat his first phase easily enough, but the second phase
I haven't even got him half way yet
in about 10-15 attempts. What level should I be? Should I just leave him until last? and what's a good weapon too use against him, I think my Black Knight Sword is too slow and takes too much stamina to really be useful.

I actually just beat him with a Broadsword +9. I think a faster weapon is much more preferable for this battle.

MilkBeard

Someone summoned me for the Dancer and it did absolutely nothing and I killed it for him. Any idea why that happened?

weird glitch/lag. I've had that happen too. Characters were coasting around like a figurine, and the boss was doing the same, and not attacking at all.

Exuro

A
ldritch
down. Was easier than I was expecting. Only took 3 tries. Also got through I
rithyll dungeon
on my first try, though I missed a bunch of stuff near a giant, so I'll be sure to go back through. I didn't find any shortcuts or bonfires so I managed to get to the new area. I think there was a boss fight in one direction due to evidence from a message(critical battle ahead) so I'll probably go towards that direction next. Games been really fun. I love that they made coop not a pain in the ass to play with friends. Was able to help a newcomer get into it and he's managed to kill quite a few bosses by himself which is great.

Ants

What the heck do I have to do next? I've done the following bosses:

Vordt, Greatwood, Crystal Sage, Deacons, Wolnir, Sulyvahn, Abyss Watchers, Aldrich

I have absolutely no clue where to go next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom