• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Finally finished the game at around the 42 hour mark. I explored all areas and did all optional bosses as well (with help). I did miss a lot of the NPC quest lines, but I will focus on those in my next play through.

I went with a Paladin build - Str / Faith, I really liked the extra heals for extending my exploration especially early on in the game. Starting a sorcerer now so lets see how that works. I got Platinum in Bloodborne so perhaps I can do it again. I love DS3 and just can't get enough of it.

MicSte79

Neo Member
It's
leaning up against Yhorm's throne.

Thanks - can I still acquire it even though I've killed him?

Also, how comes when I help others with bosses, they can summon 3 other players? I've only ever manged to summon 2 at the most.

Doop

Also, how comes when I help others with bosses, they can summon 3 other players? I've only ever manged to summon 2 at the most.

Yeah, I think you can still get it. You can summon more people of you use a dried finger, but it also allows you to be invaded way more frequently.

ISee

There is an item called dried fingers. When you use it you can summon an additional player. But there is also a negative effect, it will also allow for an additional invader to come to your world.

I dunno, when they summon 2-3 phantoms at once, I'd prefer they stay away from the boss just so I don't need to worry about them dying on me lol
hehe confident I see ;)
which is a good thing :p
Then you'll love this video (spoilers for just about every boss)
haha yeah I saw that video before. Dont get me wrong as much as it irritates me, I tend to kill every boss for my RL friends..so I guess I shouldnt be complaining..being a hypocrite.. sigh*

Respect to anyone who can beat
the watchers of the abyss
alone. That seems basically impossible.

Wow, I finally get to be that guy in Souls threads who thinks the hard bosses are easy. Beat that one on my second try, came close the first time.

Come to think, I've died like twice as many times in Ratchet and Clank as I have in Dark Souls 3, lol.

Skii

Just watching Lobos' run and he comes across Anri in
the catacombs of Carthus
. I went past this exact same area and never saw her once. How is that possible? Is my game bugged or is it possible to mess up the story? I used Horace in the fight in the Cathedral and they are both at firelink atm. I'm so confused by character story progression this time round.

KHlover

Banned
Have to say, Glaive is an amazing weapon in PVP. Since almost no one uses it in PVE the moveset isn't well-known and thus invaders seem to really underestimate the reach and tracking capability of this thing. Rolling sideways is a free hit to me, when I start my swing mid-roll it almost always connects, from there it's just stunlock express since the invader didn't technically move when the first hit connected.

In case anyone is interested, there is an upcoming patch that mentions performance fine tuning and bug fixes:
http://www.darksouls.jp/information_more.html

Translation from reddit:

App Ver 1.04
Regulation Ver 1.05

• Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
  • Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
  • Made the requirement for joining the Rosaria's Fingers less strict.
  • Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untended Graves.
  • Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
  • Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
  • Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
  • Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
  • Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
  • Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
  • Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
  • Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
  • (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can't access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
  • (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
  • Fine tuned various other things, fine tune performance, and corrected various bugs.
Patch release time still to be determined.

Hopefully it includes a fix for the auto-save stutter.

LiK

hehe confident I see ;)
which is a good thing :p
haha yeah I saw that video before. Dont get me wrong as much as it irritates me, I tend to kill every boss for my RL friends..so I guess I shouldnt be complaining..being a hypocrite.. sigh*

Not saying I'm the best but after being summoned a few times to the same boss, you get used to the patterns and other phantoms make it way easier. If I die to some dumb thing, I lose nothing but time. So I'm pretty tolerant and since the summoning in this game is so annoying for the host, I think it's fine if they don't wanna risk dying. Who knows how long they were summoning in the first place.

Forkball

Ok so after the PS bonfire in the big area with all the enemies, included two unkindled, I just sprinted past there because I was getting wrecked. However, the unkindled never showed up again. Is there any way to get their armor?

Impulsor

I need someone to tell me a couple things.

First of all, between these two weapons.

Old Wolf Curved Sword and Wolf Knight Greatsword

Anyone that has tested both, which one do you enjoy more and why, because the move set from both seem to be cool.

Second:

Wolf Knight Greatshield

How is this shield? Is it worth the extra weight? I feel shield in this game in general and really worth that much.

LiK

I'm looking forward to NG+ cuz I can't wait to destroy all the enemies with my maxed out Fume god killer lol

Got a question about weapon scaling.

I have a plus 5 Farron Greatsword. It takes 18 strength and 20 dexterity. At +5 it has C scaling in strength and A scaling in dexterity. If I wanted to make the most use out of the scalings, what ratio should should my strength and dexterity be at?

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense. Don't know how to phrase the question.

Cyborg

Guys I Need help.

I cant find Leonhard for the 2nd time. I got the cracked eye things from him, found Rosaria (something like that, joined her convenant) but the man doesnt show up to give me the key.

Am I doing something wrong?

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Is weapon degradation broken or something? My shield that I am using for over 15 hours now hasn't lost a single point in durability, my armor went from 270 to 268 and my sword has also just lost 3 points. Not that Im complaining but still

borborygmus

Is weapon degradation broken or something? My shield that I am using for over 15 hours now hasn't lost a single point in durability, my armor went from 270 to 268 and my sword has also just lost 3 points. Not that Im complaining but still

Everything gets automatically repaired when you rest at a bonfire.

kencey

Finished the game yesterday :(
NG+ it is then

Question: Do i have another chance at getting estus shard upgrades that i missed on my first playthrough on the ng+ ?

Weapons and gear are repair every time you rest at a bonfire. But frankly weapon degradation is not a issue in Dark Souls 3.

SDR-UK

I loved
Anor Londo
, I really did. Unfortunately the statement does not stand anymore after farming approximately 6 million Souls from the three enemies you encounter after the bonfire hoping for a stupid drop and not getting it.

The Covenant item
Proof of Concords
can absolutely go to hell. Worst thing about it? I haven't even reached the first level of rewards yet!

I'm actually considering asking a friend to save dupe and drop the
Darkmoon Ring
for me and I hate that I have to even think about doing it.

I loved
Anor Londo
, I really did. Unfortunately the statement does not stand anymore after farming approximately 6 million Souls from the three enemies you encounter after the bonfire hoping for a stupid drop and not getting it.

The Covenant item
Proof of Concords
can absolutely go to hell. Worst thing about it? I haven't even reached the first level of rewards yet!

I'm actually considering asking a friend to save dupe and drop the
Darkmoon Ring
for me and I hate that I have to even think about doing it.

well if you are going for the platinum, you might as well grind it out. Since you need the Darkmoon Blade (miracle) from the Darkmoon by hitting rank 2...

R.I.P

p.s you cant trade magic ;)

In case anyone is interested, there is an upcoming patch that mentions performance fine tuning and bug fixes:

Translation from reddit:

App Ver 1.04
Regulation Ver 1.05

• Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
  • Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
  • Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
  • Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
  • Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
    [*](Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can't access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
    [*](Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
  • Fine tuned various other things, fine tune performance, and corrected various bugs.

Thank you sweet baby Jesus.

Jamesways

Anyone know where I can get this set?
It used to be called the Black Leather Set in DS1. Not sure what it's named in here, can't find any results searching same terms.
r71t5L6_zps2tmlvefh.jpg

Just invaded a dude in the High Walls of lothric. Pointed at the crossbow dude 3 times at least, telling host to kill him, while moving away as to not make it look like I am doing an ambush. he just kept attacking me... I won... We could've had a fair fight, dude!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm having a really strange experience with this game. Took me about 30-40 tries to kill the
Abyss Watchers
(which is supposed to be easy), but killed
Pontiff Sulyvahn
on my second try (which is supposed to be hard).

Should I go to the next area now or head back and clear out t
hat dungeon near the bridge
?

SDR-UK

well if you are going for the platinum, you might as well grind it out. Since you need the Darkmoon Blade (miracle) from the Darkmoon by hitting rank 2...

R.I.P

p.s you cant trade magic ;)

Well to overcome that I was actually considering making a new character and just going into the Blue Sentinels covenant whilst staying at a low level in order to maximise the chances of getting summoned early game (when only Way of Blue is available for people) and then after I get that, all the other miracles are not a problem to get on just one character.

I cannot fathom why the drop rate is such trash for this item, though! The Swordgrass is easily done in an hour or two, this one is just ridiculous!

Chorazin

Just watching Lobos' run and he comes across Anri in
the catacombs of Carthus
. I went past this exact same area and never saw her once. How is that possible? Is my game bugged or is it possible to mess up the story? I used Horace in the fight in the Cathedral and they are both at firelink atm. I'm so confused by character story progression this time round.

You needed to summon them both and complete that fight. Made it super easy, but I wasn't complaining.

I'm having a really strange experience with this game. Took me about 30-40 tries to kill the
Abyss Watchers
Pontiff Sulyvahn

?

Had the same experience althought
Pontiff
took me like 5 tries.

If you didn't go to
Irythill Dungeon
, go now. Otherwise proceed beyond
Irythill Boreal

Translation from reddit:

App Ver 1.04
Regulation Ver 1.05

• (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can't access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
  • (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.

Glad they fixed up some NPC stuff. That crap was a bit much.

myco666

Using Dried Fingers and Seed of a Giant Tree is super fun while summoning bunch of mad phantoms/red phantoms and regular phantoms into your world. Why those Seeds need to be so rare.

LiK

Translation from reddit:

App Ver 1.04
Regulation Ver 1.05

Those Xbox One online bugs also exist on PS4.

I wonder if I should attempt the Siegward quest with that bug existing. That's what I'm doing tonight.

There was a requirement for joining Rosario?

Yogg

Abyss Watchers
Pontiff Sulyvahn

?

I think that since both have many similarities in their timings and movesets, the many failed tries on the first directly contribute to "gitting gudder" on the second. I'm pretty sure if those two bosses were swapped in the game, the number of deaths would be swapped too (still much more deaths on the first encounter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom