• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meccs

So I'm trying out that parry thing but it only works in PvP on the 3rd swing? I keep hearing that. Or is it just if you're getting stun locked?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I think that since both have many similarities in their timings and movesets, the many failed tries on the first directly contribute to "gitting gudder" on the second. I'm pretty sure if those two bosses were swapped in the game, the number of deaths would be swapped too (still much more deaths on the first encounter).

I was actually thinking the same thing, I'm new to the series so the Abyss Watchers taught me the hard way how to dodge and get a few swipes off before retreating.

lunlunqq

Is there any other way to level up the Darkmoon covenant? I'm wearing the covenant item all the time and never got summoned. Farming the silver knights is killing my brain. I've killed hundreds of them and only 4 proof drops. WTF?

Trakan

I loved
Anor Londo
, I really did. Unfortunately the statement does not stand anymore after farming approximately 6 million Souls from the three enemies you encounter after the bonfire hoping for a stupid drop and not getting it.

The Covenant item
Proof of Concords
can absolutely go to hell. Worst thing about it? I haven't even reached the first level of rewards yet!

I'm actually considering asking a friend to save dupe and drop the
Darkmoon Ring
for me and I hate that I have to even think about doing it.

It's pretty rough. I respec'd to 99 luck, wore the Symbol of Avarice, GSR+1, Crystal Sage Rapier, and used rusted coins and it still took me at least 4 hours. I was in the Darkmoon covenant the whole time and only got summoned 3 times total.

Good luck. You're gonna need it.

I wouldn't recommend shadow set unless you specifically have the vitality/high weight limit to be under the 30% for the super rolls. If not you're sacrificing defense for nothing. I can't even say it's fashion souls because it isn't all that good looking

It's comforting to see that From Software are on top of most of this stuff, but they missed

• Fixed a bug where most covenants don't function correctly
Or increase the drop rates..

Is there any other way to level up the Darkmoon covenant? I'm wearing the covenant item all the time and never got summoned. Farming the silver knights is killing my brain. I've killed hundreds of them and only 4 proof drops. WTF?
Ha that actually sounds about right. The drop rate for the covenant item from the silver knight is THAT bad.

Trakan

I wouldn't recommend shadow set unless you specifically have the vitality/high weight limit to be under the 30% for the super rolls. If not you're sacrificing defense for nothing. I can't even say it's fashion souls because it isn't all that good looking

As long as you're not wearing literally nothing in an armor slot, (as in not having anything equipped) armor doesn't make that big of a difference. The difference between the Shadow set and Havel's set is one or two extra hits before you die.

0racle

GUYS !

I can FINALLY jump in. I have been staring at the box since it was shipped to me at launch. As a very busy family man I dont have hours to put into gaming and im looking to play through as stress free as possible so which build should I focus on?

I am assuming strength but what type of weapons should I focus on ? is there a character guide/weapon build that I can carbon copy? any recommendations? starting class?

thanks !

Hakkuei

In case anyone is interested, there is an upcoming patch that mentions performance fine tuning and bug fixes:
http://www.darksouls.jp/information_more.html

Translation from reddit:

App Ver 1.04
Regulation Ver 1.05

• Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
  • Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.

I should have waited.

It's comforting to see that From Software are on top of most of this stuff, but they missed

• Fixed a bug where most covenants don't function correctly

Oh they missed a lot more than that.

• Fixed a bug where phantoms can't enter fog gates
  • Fixed a bug where phantoms/hosts/mobs/bosses have no animations
  • Fixed a bug where messages don't refresh
  • Fixed the trash netcode and general connectivity

Vee_One

I still can't use summons at all, they can never enter the fog with me and I end up fighting a harder boss on my own.

This is happening to me. I can help others but no one can help me. Really starting to piss me off. There is something fundamentally broken. Appears lots of people are having this problem as well

explodet

As long as you're not wearing literally nothing in an armor slot, (as in not having anything equipped) armor doesn't make that big of a difference. The difference between the Shadow set and Havel's set is one or two extra hits before you die.
Speaking of which -
a non-fatrolling Havel
is a fucking scary sight to see when first encountered.
Motherfucker must be wearing 4 Havel’s Rings.

Echoplx

This is happening to me. I can help others but no one can help me. Really starting to piss me off. There is something fundamentally broken. Appears lots of people are having this problem as well

Yep I'm trying to get some souls quick for a second character for low level pvp but nope, game keeps fucking up.

GulAtiCa

Had a few interesting invasions at A
nor londo
. As Aldrich Faithful.

I can sometimes be a nice invader. The host was at the bottom of the area fighting those 2 annoying wolf/alegator monsters, I stood out of the way and let the host deal with it. He did beat it, afterwards we had a little duel fight and I did end up losing. Bet he was glad I stayed out of it. lol

Invaded another, I was at the top of that building looking over the area below (where the sleeping giants are). Host and a Sunbro were coming my way. I figured maybe I could drop down and land on one of them. But I never would have imagined the sunbro would be stupid enough to stand right below me. Can only assume he never saw me up here, though, I wasn't even trying to hide. With my Silvercat ring equipped, I jumped down and knocked him down almost killing him. Used one more swing of my sword and killed the confused sunbro. The host even used the "Applause" gesture, lol. Had a little fight, but ended up winning that.

Lastly, invaded another that had a summon as well. This one was hard to kill. Spent like 5 minutes running around the map trying to kill both. By the end, the host had like a sliver of HP and ran in circles trying to not get hit and let the coop kill me. With some luck, I got one last hit in and killed the host. That was exhausting, my hands were a little sweaty trying to get it off, lol. The coop used the collapse gesture, I found that funny

I am now at 15 Human Dregs. 15 to go (though, technically I am good and don't need the rank 2 reward, but will be fun to get anyways)

Kaibutsu

Those Xbox One online bugs also exist on PS4.

I wonder if I should attempt the Siegward quest with that bug existing. That's what I'm doing tonight.

There was a requirement for joining Rosario?

Yeah that super pissed me off when I found G
reirat's ashes
and had to look it up and said wtf! Siegward was there and he still died.

SDR-UK

Maybe Farron Keep. I've beaten every other boss but that one thus far, so I think I'm limited in options.

Yeah let's try Farron Keep. Otherwise, I'll try restarting and maybe if you can do the same?

Edit: Restarting my application now. Hopefully this sorts the issue. By the way, I think I know the answer but worldwide summoning is marked as on for you, right?

Vitor711

Ugh - I found a swamp area filled with those black goo undead guys. Those are the WORST.

They can't be staggered outside of firebombs and their attack range is nuts. They're the only enemies I don't enjoy fighting.

Any tips?

You needed to summon them both and complete that fight. Made it super easy, but I wasn't complaining.

You do not need to summon any NPC's for any fights to progress their stories. You'll only ever have to be summoned into their world.

To progress Anri's questline, you have to talk to her at the first place you meet, then at firelink, then at the first spot in the catacombs, then the second. If you talk to her and exhaust all dialogue at each location, she will show up at the next.

Ishmae1

second bonfire on archdragon peak, invite spawn of knights that give 4k souls
I'd suggest archives bonfire and up the elevator to the high roof. The fat angels with a covetous silver ring and shield of want equipped yield 50k for the 3. Then just teleport back to bonfire, repeat.

Kyne

Question about having 99 hollowing:

Is there a way to purge the status (purge stones?) without pissing off the lady and ruining the ending? I want to be able to summon 2-3 people but I think the status will prevent me from doing so.

Pretty much my plan - they have so much health too. Just upgrade my Uchigatan to +8 with Fire purely to fight them but not sure I can be bothered. It's not even my main weapon - I just had so many spare mats lying around....
If you want to still give them a try your best bet is to stay close to them and keep rotating with them rolling when the claw arm attacks. That being said once you've picked that small area clean it's best to ignore them. They don't chase all that far and the enemies after are more important to kill.

Is there a way to purge the status (purge stones?) without pissing off the lady and ruining the ending? I want to be able to summon 2-3 people but I think the status will prevent me from doing so.

This was an incorrect rumor hollowing does not limit summoning. There is no way to remove it permanently that won't effect the player's relationship with that NPC.

LiK

If you're going for that ending, purging will ruin the quest.

Tevren

Going to try and get N
ameless
K
ing
down again today. If any PS4 players are around and want to help, would appreciate it greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom