• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit.

787D63182F2993A2DDAF7A933BFC93C99845DA79

Oh my god it happened again lol

E3CED91F562F45EAA537D775531CB48E5F6AA2B4

Menome

Okay, so I've found three secret areas:

Smouldering Lake

Untended Graves

Archdragon Peak

Should I be looking out for any more, or is that the lot? 70 hours in and I should probably finish the game at some point.

Korosenai

I don't get why we can't just respec as much as we want. If they're going to let us do it five times, what does it matter if we do it ten or twenty or fifty times.

I don't want to have to start a new game just to re spec and try a new build.

LiK

I don't get why we can't just respec as much as we want. If they're going to let us do it five times, what does it matter if we do it ten or twenty or fifty times.

i don't mind the limit but i hate that you need an item to do it.

That limit was sort of there with Dark Souls 2 there was originally only 5 soul vessels per NG

...but isn't he using cheats? He gets hit several times with no health left.

I think they are using denial either way that damage looks right for soul stream they're just bad and can't roll.

LogicStep

How does luck affect a build? What's this luck/faith or luck/dex I see? I thought all it did was make bleed effects happen more often? Can you pair luck with any other stat like int and str?

I just defeated my absolute favorite boss of the Souls series, most of you probably won't agree but holy shit did that feel good. I'm about 25 hours in.

Dragonslayer Armour. As a shield and dex weapon player, I have a very static play style of circle around the enemy while holding block until I get behind it to backstab, and similar strategies when fighting bosses. But not with Dragonslayer Armour....I had to dodge his attacks rather than block them, I had to learn the roll immunity times due to the fact that I almost never roll to dodge attacks. The change of fighting style was incredible, and extremely satisfying to master.

I think the boss design in Dark Souls 3 has been spot on. I can see myself actually playing through this one a few times like I did with Dark Souls.

LiK

How does luck affect a build? What's this luck/faith or luck/dex I see? I thought all it did was make bleed effects happen more often? Can you pair luck with any other stat like int and str?

Luck directly affects Bleed and Poison you cause and affects Curse resist now. So people who wanna cause bleed/poison will wanna invest into this stat along with weapons that cause Bleed.

myco666

Oh boy all this chaos in my hands. Just had 3 mad phantoms, one invader and one sunbro in my game. How often can you get a Seed? I seriously need more of them.

Anri's sword and weapons with hollow infusion scale with luck. A hollowed uchigatan luck build triggers bleed incredibly quickly.

Abyss Watchers spoilers below.
Dark Wraiths do not fuck around(shamelessly stolen from reddit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfz5Lj4FF7w

Anno

Is there anything else with the R2 move of the Dark Sword? Found the thing randomly and I have a hard time switching to another weapon because I find this one so fun and cool looking to use.

Skii

I can't get Sigwurd to appear at the
well
next to the bonfire. I see a ton of messages indicating he should be there?

Was there something in between fighting the
fire demon and him going to sleep
and the point I'm currently at? And here was me thinking I'd actually complete a Caterina quest this time round lol.

ApharmdX

Banned

Luck adds to bleed/poison build rate, and to AR when a weapon is hollow-infused. The reason why you pair it with dex is because 1) bleed weapons are primarily DEX weapons and 2) you need the extra scaling for damage on stuff that is resistant to bleed.

I use Warden's Twinblades +10 on my luck build. They are extremely limited in PvE, so I also use a Darkdrift +5 and Uchi +10.

On stuff that you can bleed, like
Champion Gundyr
, it makes the fights easy.

Looking at that video more closely I guess Morion Blades's low hp damage buff also work on spell damage making tears of denial necessary. That seems maybe unintended.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
...but isn't he using cheats? He gets hit several times with no health left.

He's got the Tears of Denial spell active, which from the comments it seems like instead of dying when receiving lethal damage, your health automatically drops down to 1 point.

Beat the game a little while ago. That final fight was damn hard, but thankfully on my last try I got lucky with a player summon because he was really good. Same thing happened last night when I got a very skilled player summon for my fight against the T
win
P
rinces
. Dude absolutely bodied an invader for me before we entered the boss room too. It's a lot of fun playing with people who know what they're doing.

Now it's time for NG+! I kinda want to try a different build this time, but my dumb ass started NG+ right away so now I have to get all the way to the C
athedral
again before I can respec.

Edit: I forgot to give my final stats.

First playthrough clear
Level 104
54 hours 47 mins

...yeah I took my time and spent many hours doing co-op as a phantom lol.

I absolutely do not like the look of A
rchdragon Peak
. Yeesh, this area is way too bright for a Souls' game IMO. Especially blindingly white near one of the peaks. I wish it was more like the the immediate interior next to the bonfire post D
dragon.

LiK

I
rina
sells the Tears of Denial only after you given her D
ivine Tome
. It's not in her default inventory.

I just defeated my absolute favorite boss of the Souls series, most of you probably won't agree but holy shit did that feel good. I'm about 25 hours in.

Dragonslayer Armour. As a shield and dex weapon player, I have a very static play style of circle around the enemy while holding block until I get behind it to backstab, and similar strategies when fighting bosses. But not with Dragonslayer Armour....I had to dodge his attacks rather than block them, I had to learn the roll immunity times due to the fact that I almost never roll to dodge attacks. The change of fighting style was incredible, and extremely satisfying to master.

I think the boss design in Dark Souls 3 has been spot on. I can see myself actually playing through this one a few times like I did with Dark Souls.

I love that fight too. Felt like a true duel. No cheap shit other than the move where he
knocks you off
, but that's easily avoidable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom