• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

One thing I dont like in this game is the shortcut placement for bosses, especially late game. You still have to travel quite far to get to certain bosses when you die,

Skii

I can't get Sigwurd to appear at the
well
next to the bonfire. I see a ton of messages indicating he should be there?

Was there something in between fighting the
fire demon and him going to sleep
and the point I'm currently at? And here was me thinking I'd actually complete a Caterina quest this time round lol.

can anyone help?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The blind lady has it for sale.

It's in the Grand Archives. I am fairly certain no NPC sells that spell at least until after you have already found it. Maybe NPC's sell it in NG+ or NG++

Hell yeah, now I can get both the miracle that makes you tank stuff AND the laser beam of win. Thank you.

I
rina
sells the Tears of Denial only after you given her D
ivine Tome
. It's not in her default inventory.
Wait nooo.
She's a firekeeper in my game. Maybe I already bought it.

SkylineRKR

4 man gank squads suck

It does but I was also part of them just now. Its because I farmed medals and then someone invades right after I've been summoned. So we make short work of that guy and continue to the boss door.

Yesterday I was farming Schackles and was on the short end of such scenarios a lot.

LogicStep

Thanks for the answers on luck. I'll try it out. I had a messy build with which I finished the game. Now, before going into NG+ I'm trying other builds but nothing is really sticking or feeling fun. I want something that will be good in PvP and still be good in pve since I play on going through the game a few more times. Any recommendations?

I tried str/faith and found it underwhelming. Next I'm on Dex/int and same thing. Feel like the spells are mostly just a side thing so not really feeling it. Maybe a pure magic build would be fun but I'd save that for another character. Kinda feeling like sticking to something melee. I will probably try dex/luck next but I'm open to suggestions.

burgerdog

Hm I think I like my lv50 character too much to level her up. Mostly due to the fact that pvp is a damn blast at that level. I was going to take her to ng+ but I think it's time for a new character and taking that one to 100.

Thanks for the answers on luck. I'll try it out. I had a messy build with which I finished the game. Now, before going into NG+ I'm trying other builds but nothing is really sticking or feeling fun. I want something that will be good in PvP and still be good in pve since I play on going through the game a few more times. Any recommendations?

I tried str/faith and found it underwhelming. Next I'm on Dex/int and same thing. Feel like the spells are mostly just a side thing so not really feeling it. Maybe a pure magic build would be fun but I'd save that for another character. Kinda feeling like sticking to something melee. I will probably try dex/luck next but I'm open to suggestions.

Spells that aren't Pyromancy seem to be pretty weak overall. Purely physical builds seem to be the way to go at the moment.

Hm I think I like my lv50 character too much to level her up. Mostly due to the fact that pvp is a damn blast at that level. I was going to take her to ng+ but I think it's time for a new character and taking that one to 100.

Same, but I'm at level 75. PvP is really good so I don't want to level up anymore.

Sullichin

Spells that aren't Pyromancy seem to be pretty weak overall. Purely physical builds seem to be the way to go at the moment.
Pyro picks up mid game. You can totally melt bosses with Chaos fireballs and Chaos Bed vestiges.
But the slower cast time + more aggressive bosses means that this is harder than previous games. No running into a fight and winning with two firestorms.
I also had all four of my ring slots dedicated to pyro / fp, and have less health and take more damage as a result. Not to mention the stat investment means, while I do good pyro damage I can't use most of the weapons in the game and don't have a comfortable amount of vit, end, or vig.
And then in PVP the only useful spell is unlocked chaos fireballs, which is fun, but I rely more on a flame arced buffed weapon, which would do way more dmg if I had dex/str investment.

I think the PVP meta should be 120 so casters can stand a chance. A melee build can feel like it's done at 100 but definitely bringing my pyro to 120. Even then a level 100 pure physical character is probably better off :/

R0n1n

Neo Member
Just had my FoTNS moment. Hahah...sorry bruh...
images.jpg
You're already dead.

https://youtu.be/mJYR8PUmf2g

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Luck adds to bleed/poison build rate, and to AR when a weapon is hollow-infused. The reason why you pair it with dex is because 1) bleed weapons are primarily DEX weapons and 2) you need the extra scaling for damage on stuff that is resistant to bleed.

I use Warden's Twinblades +10 on my luck build. They are extremely limited in PvE, so I also use a Darkdrift +5 and Uchi +10.

On stuff that you can bleed, like
Champion Gundyr
, it makes the fights easy.

I think you can make any boss bleed if you hit them enough. Warden's twinblades with Carthus Rouge applied to them procs bleed like crazy, it's so satisfying. Might be my favorite build for bosses.

I feel like there are too many covenants in this game.

It should be:

PVP covenant
PVP host defender covenant
Chaotic covenant that can kill invaders or host
Co-op oriented covenant

Then have an option for auto summons (not for the white or gold signs), so you no longer need Way of the Blue. The Mound Makers would also get more work (who would summon a purple sign once you understand what they do?).

Since this would lead to a lot more multi-character brawls the PVP covenant would still have duals via the Red Soapstone.

GulAtiCa

1v3 and 1v4 sucks, but certainly possible for 1v3 if at least 1 of them is an idiot.

I was once in a 1v4, with 2 of them being Blues. I mean, what the fuck? lol. Did almost win.

Also, I find it interesting that I get summoned for Aldrich Faithful constantly back to back within seconds, but never once for the Watchdogs cov. Interesting.

Skii

Did you meet trusty Patches?

No... I feel like I've missed so much of the NPC stuff this time round. Can't find Sigwurd, couldn't find Horace in the catacombs and now I was supposed to have met Patches...

Where is Patches supposed to be? And Horace if you don't mind. If either are spoilerish, let me know :)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Purple signs shouldn't be purple. They should be the same color. Then if they want to turn and kill the host, they have to use some item and a message pops up that says x person went hostile.

Turns what was easy mode into something a little more interesting.

Tarkus

Purple signs shouldn't be purple. They should be the same color. Then if they want to turn and kill the host, they have to use some item and a message pops up that says x person went hostile.

Agree with this. Maybe make a weird sound upon spawning. I don't see why anyone would summon a purple over a white or gold.

No... I feel like I've missed so much of the NPC stuff this time round. Can't find Sigwurd, couldn't find Horace in the catacombs and now I was supposed to have met Patches...

Where is Patches supposed to be? And Horace if you don't mind. If either are spoilerish, let me know :)
Head back to the cathedral of the deep. Up the elevator shortcut by the main boss and around that area you should find Patches. Sigward should be in the well by the Chapel bonfire. To find Horace, cut the rope bridge by High Lord Wolnir. and climb down it.

McBryBry

So I'm currently level 99, getting things done before going into NG+. Since I've amassed a few Titanite Slabs, I'm curious about respeccing some to try other builds. As of right now, I'm running a 30/40 STR/DEX build with my Refined Greatsword +10, but I'm interested in my other options. Faith? Luck? Any ideas?

So I'm currently level 99, getting things done before going into NG+. Since I've amassed a few Titanite Slabs, I'm curious about respeccing some to try other builds. As of right now, I'm running a 30/40 STR/DEX build with my Refined Greatsword +10, but I'm interested in my other options. Faith? Luck? Any ideas?

Luck + Anri's sword is god tier.

Skii

Head back to the cathedral of the deep. Up the elevator shortcut by the main boss and around that area you should find Patches. Sigward should be in the well by the Chapel bonfire. To find Horace, cut the rope bridge by High Lord Wolnir. and climb down it.

I thought I was finished with Cathedral of the Deep. I saw that elevator after you cross that bridge at the top but didn't know how to get down there. Can I drop down?

You could climb down the rope bridge??? Shit. I just saw Anri at the bonfire in the church place in Boreal Valley... Am I fucked?

myco666

I had this same exact idea. You should be able to help the host or be turn hostile instead of being just hostile towards everything.

Agree with this. Maybe make a weird sound upon spawning. I don't see why anyone would summon a purple over a white or gold.

Well I just summoned three of them at the same time. They are great if you want to have chaos in your world but otherwise white or gold is better.

JDB

Banned
What's up with not being able to enter a boss fight along with the host? I've numerous times now that I tried to help with the Dancer fight but I was never able to join them even though I could see they were already fighting the boss. Didn't have the issue at other bosses.

kagamin

What's up with not being able to enter a boss fight along with the host? I've numerous times now that I tried to help with the Dancer fight but I was never able to join them even though I could see they were already fighting the boss. Didn't have the issue at other bosses.

It's happened to me like 3 times or so.

So apparently poise is disabled in the game's files?

This video is making the rounds at Reddit. It's possible to re-enable the effect at the risk of getting banned.

This is hilarious. A poise mechanic is in the game, all with poise related items that increase it but the entire system doesn't work and/or is turned off?
I'm wearing light armor the entire time and didn't test for poise but how does an oversight like this happen?

Was it disabled in a patch or was it never working here to begin with?

GulAtiCa

Since I'm mainly using an Flamberge, I guess I should really increase my Luck stat, since it has bleed to it.

I wonder, does increase Luck stat via the Gold ring also increase the Bleed rate? Or does that ring only affect item discovery?

I'd set it a little lower than Dark Souls 2 right now, it's missing a lot of QOL of life improvements from that game and PVE and PVP are kinda limited thanks to it sadly.

QOLOL ? haha just teasing ;)

Man I swear people invade me and I never get a notification that I'm being invaded, just randomly a phantom out of nowhere haha.

I thought I was finished with Cathedral of the Deep. I saw that elevator after you cross that bridge at the top but didn't know how to get down there. Can I drop down?

You could climb down the rope bridge??? Shit. I just saw Anri at the bonfire in the church place in Boreal Valley... Am I fucked?

You can. You have to go the chapel bonfire, there should be a elevator right by it that you can take up. Kill that one guy and walk around the building edge and you will find a ladder. Climb it and you will be able to drop down on the roof. From there you can enter the balcony beams in the cathedral. But meet Patches first. He should be in the Cathedral near the "front door".

Well if you find Horace and tell Anri where Horace is at, Anri will try to find him and die.

just wanna ask after
crystal mage
should i go to farron keep or cathedral of the deep?

Might as well do the
Cathedral of the Deep since you have to do that anyways. After you kill the boss in that area, return to Farron Keep.

Gestahl

x10000000 than DS2.

Better animations, combat, bosses, lore, all of the things from the better SoulsBorne games.

This is the real DS2.

Yep. I knew right off the bat when I started moving the player character and they didn't have that shit dead zone movement that this was going to be one of the good ones (ie every one except DS2)

why are the npc story requirements so damn stringent and annoying this time around? i need a freaking excel file to keep track.

i broke 3 npc lines by mistake in a single trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom