• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flash

Banned
Was having a blast getting Vertebra shackles last night in front of DA, but then I kept running into this same group of 4 gankers who were just waiting for invasions. They would gang up on invaders really aggressively then do cocky gestures and stuff. I remembered the what the host looked like. This was the sweetest revenge ever :)

http://xboxclips.com/Jellycrackers/44c0efeb-2f25-4867-8d5e-6fc3c13a35b8

Spam R1 more than twice, and you will pay for it... :D

tumblr_ncorg2fHil1tjq9lio1_400.gif

Look what happened to me yesterday. :(

https://gfycat.com/SpeedyYearlyHaddock

Thanks Obama

You guys should submit these to a top ten channel like Sunlight Blade

Lux R7

Wasn't it confirmed to be 2 DLCs? I don't think we are getting 3, which is fine to me if they are at Bloodborne's quality level.

Edit: Yeah, I checked the season pass info, its 2 DLCs.

it's 3, based on a recent big M interview. The third one has not a release date.

Minamu

Took four tries I think but N
ameless
K
ing
still felt like a pushover. Granted, I was SL109 and used the Dragonslayer Greatshield but still :lol That 95% lightning damage reduction sure made it a different fight altogether hehe.

Also, I'm in the Darkmoon stuff on ps4 and I've been sitting here at pvp central for 10 minutes and nothing. Does it matter that I beat the boss?

Good stuff man, it's always great to see videos like this, even with 4 people these guys are still so crap lol, all that R1 spam and nothing. You know that this had them raging so much, love it.

Glad you enjoyed that. I don't mind gankers - its fun to fight them, and I totally understand since I'm the jerk coming into their world to murder them - but when gankers get cocky and do the gestures and stuff like they're so good, that's when I get the urge for revenge.

tumblr_ncorg2fHil1tjq9lio1_400.gif

Thanks Obama

You guys should submit these to a top ten channel like Sunlight Blade

I've been collecting clips like this just for that purpose lol... do I need to get a twitter account and follow him to know what videos he's taking submissions for? lol

Mogwai

You know? When you're on NG+ and say "Hey, I've got all these sets and weapons, let's play some fashion souls" And you go around with all these sweet looking big ass swords and then you reach
Champion Gundyr
and decide you're going back to the butcher knife because it's just too good? It's just too good! Been using it against every boss so far.
I have my hopes set on Farron Greatsword. That L2 just seems too fun! Maybe it will make finally leave behind my beloved Butcher Knife.
Amen. Scaling and attack speed for Butcher Knife is just perfect. And you get it early and easily....

KHlover

Banned
You're level 300+?!?! That's crazy.

Also crazy that there are others in that range that are rocking Way of Blue.

I guess after playing through NG you don't really need the other covenants unless you're actively invading, so why not equip Way of the Blue while progressing?

stupei

I've never seen so many summon signs in all my time with the game... wowser.

Mad Phantoms are rewarded with pretty much every kill, either X phantoms or 1 host. Ideally they should kill whoever's weakest, and, if co-op, help the host up until the boss, at which point they should cash in all that trust and backstab the host for their reward.
It's a really cool covenant, conceptually. But yeah, with how common co-op gank squads are it's not as cool in reality.

As an aside, I, uh... kinda miss the Clangorous Covenant from 2. Instant invasion action.

Sorry, no, I probably wasn't clear. What I meant is if you are invading as a member of that covenant, do other invading covenants get anything for killing you instead of the host? Because they sure love to try.

Kyoufu

I guess after playing through NG you don't really need the other covenants unless you're actively invading, so why not equip Way of the Blue while progressing?

Aside from Sunbros, I don't think you actually even need to equip any other covenant while progressing and even Sunbros is completed really really fast if you help others with bosses.

I don't know why people aren't equipping Way of Blue more tbh.

what-ok

When trying to max out covenant devotion, is there a way to see how much further you need to go? Does it eventually tell you you are maxed? I keep giving medallions and I think I'm over 30 but could be mistaken.

Did something happen to the PS4 version? I got to
Lothric Castle
earlier this week and it was running smoothly there. Now the game is stuttering all over the place.

Kyoufu

currently at lvl 150 PC

was wondering what is the easiest way to get vertebrae shackles and concord either online or farming.

Find a friend and password red sign farm him for Vertebrae Shackles.

As for Concord, you will have to farm the knights at the beginning of
Anor Londo
while hoping that you're summoned to protect people from invasions via the Darkmoon covenant item equipped.

Nimby

Banned
Dark Souls newb here. The
Abyss Watchers
are giving me trouble, I've probably died to them 30-40 times in my play sesh today.

These guys seem totally unfair, and the second phase is really getting me. I try to keep my distance but when he is close I don't stand a chance. I feel like I've tried everything, except for summons but I want to refrain from that.

Kyoufu

When trying to max out covenant devotion, is there a way to see how much further you need to go? Does it eventually tell you you are maxed? I keep giving medallions and I think I'm over 30 but could be mistaken.

You'll know you're maxed when you receive the 2nd reward. So for example, the Darkmoon covenant gives you Darkmoon Blade miracle when you hand in 30 concords. For you, Sunbros give Great Lightning Spear at 30 medals I believe.

Otherwise, no UI element to display progress.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
could an adult tell me the point of dipping your head in wax?

GulAtiCa

Being a mad phantom summon is a lot of fun. The host doesn't know when I'll turn on them.

My last "co-op" summon was in L
othric
Ca
stle
. A guy summoned me, and I helped him out a little. But as he went up a certain ladder (next to a big fat night with axes & by a hidden room/area) I fired off some C
haos Bed Vestiges
pyro at him. I only had enough FP to do 2.. As I forgot to refill the FP... If I had 3, I would have killed him. Though... I think he just didn't realize it was me, prob thought it was an enemy, since he couldn't see me. I went up the ladder and he healed and didn't try to attack me. He next went exploring around some ledges, so I pushed him off. :lol

Really wish people wouldn't casually drop Bloodborne spoilers in this thread without clearly marking them as such. I've seen info and names about 2 bosses over the post couple of days, and I don't even religiously read the thread.

Mogwai

Abyss Watchers
are giving me trouble, I've probably died to them 30-40 times in my play sesh today.

These guys seem totally unfair, and the second phase is really getting me. I try to keep my distance but when he is close I don't stand a chance. I feel like I've tried everything, except for summons but I want to refrain from that.
For second phase, try rolling towards him with lock on. That should position you better and get some backstabs.

I feel the first phase is a lot more random.

GulAtiCa

Is there any way to respec in this like 2? I'm at the Grand Archives and kinda getting bored of running Dexterity.

Rosaria of the Rosaria's Fingers can do it. In the Cathedral of the Deep. Warning, giving the item to her can cause a certain NPC quest to fail. And can only do it 5 times max per NG

what-ok

You'll know you're maxed when you receive the 2nd reward. So for example, the Darkmoon covenant gives you Darkmoon Blade miracle when you hand in 30 concords. For you, Sunbros give Great Lightning Spear at 30 medals I believe.

Otherwise, no UI element to display progress.
Thanks.

Abyss Watchers

2 hand your weapon in the second phase and roll towards him after attacks with long animations.(especially the leaping attack) Don't get greedy. Get in like 2-3 hits and back off. Repeat. His heath bar is small. He'll go down fairly quickly.

neoism

so I thought you got tongues for the fingers covenant from PvPing also not just invading???

anyone?

if its just invading than fuck that damn... i killed like 50 DWs for tounges and just got 1

😭😭😭
invading is hard as fuck... its never 1 v 1 ... 😤

zma1013

Just go look up the rewards for the covenant and then see if you have them in your inventory. If not, keep giving.

GulAtiCa

I found it easier to just wait till I have at least 30 before giving them to the Cov leaders. Easier to keep track of. Prob too late for you though to do this.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Managed to find a bug where invading/being summoned whilst your fighting the sage in the archives stops it teleporting

hands from bookcases don't hurt you or curse you.

You can avoid the grabbing hands that cause curse and damage to yourself
. It's highly recommended.

I did it because I thought it reduced curse build up from those ghost arms, don't know if that's what it actually does though.

oh right thank you
I did think it was weird why the book cases wernt damaging me

Minamu

NG done! Beat the last boss on my second attempt, pretty easy :) I'm glad it wasn't another asshole like the last boss in Bloodborne :lol 50 hours with plenty of pvp.

Ending spoiler:
The cutscene was pretty lame, wasn't it? I just linked it, started to burn slightly and sat down. That's it? Even Dark Souls 1's ending was more fancy than this. Unless there's more after the credits. I know there are multiple endings of course.

Jamesways

Oh yeah, thanks. I have that in the storage box.

Getting ready to play fashion souls for NG+ with a changed appearance female character and checking out lighter armor sets.

Almost the entire first playthrough I wore the Elite Knight Armor, 'cause to me, that IS the official look of Dark Souls.

Yeah, I killed Anri and Horace the second I met them to get it and her sword.
shrug_zpsvz0rlt2m.png

edit-
NG done! Beat the last boss on my second attempt, pretty easy :) I'm glad it wasn't another asshole like the last boss in Bloodborne :lol 50 hours with plenty of pvp.
Ha! I'm the opposite. BB's last boss took me 2 tries with parrying. This guy took quite a few to learn the patterns. And to learn you can't parry him.

I finished at 75 hours or so last night. Was very thorough for areas and items but messed up all but 3 NPC quests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom