• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

All praise be to The Sword Master. Truly a hero. Hahaha. Can't believe this glitch still exists given that the YT video for it came out weeks ago.

Some Burger King level exploiting.

Finally beat N
ameless
K
ing
! Didn't realize I'd gone through all my estus till after I landed the killing blow.

Beating him solo was so satisfying, that I'm glad I couldn't summon help.

I'm getting the following error when trying to update Dark Souls III on Steam:

An error occurred while updating DARK SOULS III (disk write error)

wat

I was getting the error yesterday too. Verifying game cache, restarting Steam, and the computer didn't seem to help. The problem fixed itself while I was trying to ask for help in the Pc performance thread, though. So maybe keep waiting and trying to finish the update? That's how it got fixed for me.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Does infusing a scythe with lightning get rid of bleed?

UrbanRats

When he uses magic, roll up on him and whack away. When he uses the scimitar, keep your distance and wait until he switches forms again. In his second form, only attack him after he performs a leaping strike.
Thanks, I'll try the second phase thing especially.
During the second phase, is it better to stay close or far away? He doesn't seem to have many good ranged attacks in phase 2.
The lightnings are very easy to dodge, and so is the jump, the only tricky attacks from range is the thrust, I had trouble getting the timing down to dodge that.

All praise be to The Sword Master. Truly a hero. Hahaha. Can't believe this glitch still exists given that the YT video for it came out weeks ago.

I set a char up this morning for that glitch and got it. Got the 12 titanite chunks. Going to stay around level 30 and help people out at Abyss Watchers.

Ferr986

I set a char up this morning for that glitch and got it. Got the 12 titanite chunks. Going to stay around level 30 and help people out at Abyss Watchers.

Remember matchmaking also takes weapon level, so if you level it enough to have to use chunks you won't get paired with anyone there.

GulAtiCa

Yep. So staying low level, basically means you need to be at max +3 for weapon. Though, a +2 would be better if you want to be paired with those that haven't even upgraded yet.

Dimmle

Thanks, I'll try the second phase thing especially.
During the second phase, is it better to stay close or far away? He doesn't seem to have many good ranged attacks in phase 2.
The lightnings are very easy to dodge, and so is the jump, the only tricky attacks from range is the thrust, I had trouble getting the timing down to dodge that.

If you stay far away from him and only give him a heavy blow when he's recovering from his leaping strike, the second phase will be pretty much 100% safe. It's definitely doable up close but there's a lot more risk and dodging required.

Venom Fox

Banned

What glitch?

And just a quick question, is there an easy way to earn embers or an easy souls exploit?

joanot

In my two complete playthroughs I have been summoned just once as a darkmoon... But today i was lucky enough and got summoned twice in 30 min, the first time I died falling off a cliff and the second one I was murdered before even getting to the loading screen to enter the host game lol...

what-ok

I found it easier to just wait till I have at least 30 before giving them to the Cov leaders. Easier to keep track of. Prob too late for you though to do this.
Thanks. I have been just sun bro at this stage but wanting to max them all. I will take your advice on the remaining before offering up anything. Then it's NG + and beyond times.

KHlover

Banned
Yes. I have a question about this: who is shooting you in
the cemetery outside the Cathedral
? I already befriended the Undead Settlement man.

Same guy. He's got a pretty nice view from that tower lol.

Reason I asked actually is because I started NG+ just now, hadn't talked to him before (in NG+) and he immediately said "I help anytime", without a prompt for Friendship showing up. Oh well, fingers crossed this is not a bug lol

Audioboxer

What glitch?

And just a quick question, is there an easy way to earn embers or an easy souls exploit?

Kill sword master at firelink. Go to boss area, do not kill Vordt. Summon sword master, go to dancer. Let sword master get killed, quit out of game immediately from menu. Reload and you'll be outside fog wall, resummon sword master, go back into dancer, and sword master will be invincible. He'll bleed the boss out in about 5 minutes without you doing anything (just avoid getting hit/killed, he takes aggro, but boss has sweeping movements).

Should be a simple fix, but From haven't bothered yet. It's far more game breaking than the tree jump glitch. Surprised a dupe glitch outside of the non-public one hasn't come about yet.

Dimmle

Reason I asked actually is because I started NG+ just now, hadn't talked to him before (in NG+) and he immediately said "I help anytime", without a prompt for Friendship showing up. Oh well, fingers crossed this is not a bug lol

Why is he shooting me there?! Does he not recognize me?!

psychotron

Wow,
Nameless King
is a pain in the balls!! I've beat every other boss in the game, but now I think I hit a wall. Doesn't help that summoning is a bitch.

Randam

So... I'm at the undead settlement bonfire before the
big tree boss.. already beat it and got the pit bonfire
.. but anyways even with ember on I can't seem to find anymore summon signs/names since I beat that boss. Is there something I'm not doing right? Do signs no longer appear if you've beat a boss close to the bonfire or something?

they dont apear in the level anymore, when you already beat the boss.

TitusTroy

did the latest patch change the Sulyvahn's Beast area in
Anor Londo
...meaning behind the illusory wall and down that long ladder there are 2 of those beasts and the 2nd one would agro after a few seconds...now it seems that the 2nd one doesn't come in as fast (or at all until after you kill the first one)...am I imagining things or did they make any changes?

It has taken me so long to work out the exit in
Irithyll
Dungeon, it's the first location that has actually confused me.

I must have ran through it 15+ times and had to resort to a walkthrough video to see where it was.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

He becomes your friend when he gives you the unique White Birch Branch (which you can also pick as a starting gift), since you already have it in in your inventory from NG, he's already your friend.

ElFly

did the latest patch change the Sulyvahn's Beast area in
Anor Londo
...meaning behind the illusory wall and down that long ladder there are 2 of those beasts and the 2nd one would agro after a few seconds...now it seems that the 2nd one doesn't come in as fast (or at all until after you kill the first one)...am I imagining things or did they make any changes?

They never aggroed both, as long as
you stayed in front of the staircase.

Still a really hard fight, particularly cause the first one you have to fight in such a cramped area; the second you can column dance

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Catacombs/
Lost Izalith
cleared. Probably the worst areas in the game so far. The Catacombs are basically a Chalice Dungeon and
Izalith is somehow even worse this time round!
. Just uninspired stuff altogether.

Smoldering Lake is cool though. Going back in there to find a way up to that damn Ballista that fires the huge bolts. Whoever's pulling the trigger on that thing is taking a revenge beating when I get up there.

Wolnir
is something straight out of Zelda. I love it. Killed him first time, in about 2 minutes flat :-D

KHlover

Banned
He becomes your friend when he gives you the unique White Birch Branch (which you can also pick as a starting gift), since you already have it in in your inventory from NG, he's already your friend.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks :D

OT: Now in NG+ with no real spot to farm yet I really appreciate those 5 free level ups.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Just realised I haven't seen a summon sign yet. Are there no npc summons in this game? I'm playing offline because I don't have PS+

Siegmeyer

Just stumbled across something in NG+ that I thought was worth sharing. Probably been mentioned before but someone may not have seen it.

Like many I was at 99 Hollowing after taking Yoel's free levels, and using the Fire Keeper to get rid of it would cost about 250K souls, so I just ignored it.

However, if you 'Request Dissolution' at the Velka shrine (located just through the door in the sewers, accessed by the grave key) it's much, much cheaper. I think it cost me around 7K souls.

Gerald the Herald looks normal again!

konjak

Just stumbled across something in NG+ that I thought was worth sharing. Probably been mentioned before but someone may not have seen it.

Like many I was at 99 Hollowing after taking Yoel's free levels, and using the Fire Keeper to get rid of it would cost about 250K souls, so I just ignored it.

However, if you 'Request Dissolution' at the Velka shrine (located just through the door in the sewers, accessed by the grave key) it's much, much cheaper. I think it cost me around 7K souls.

Gerald the Herald looks normal again!

Firekeeper does it permanently. You'll go hollow again if you die a few more times as it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom