• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done. That one took me a while to beat.

Thanks. Though I must admit I got very lucky. Twice.

First is when
KotS soared up and I lost the lock-on, no idea what was going to happen so I ran straight away, still got hit by the fire
with a sliver of health left.

Then when fighting the King,
dodged the fucking charge attack with little health, tried to heal when the fucking lightning from the ground shot back up and zapped me
to a sliver of health. Again.

Still can't believe I lived through that.

SkylineRKR

Oh yeah I really liked the level too, but it's a dead end and the way the game connects it to the main path is pretty dumb, frankly. I wish it was just an optional area and just left alone for players to wander upon and say "whoa".

Thats my issue with this game, as well. Dead ends just suck. That area would've be even better if it took you back to the high wall of lothric bonfire or something. Though there is little point in DS3 due to how its being designed. I loved it when I suddenly ended up back in Majula or Firelink shrine in past games.

BriGuy

Fired up the game for the first time in a week and was greeted with the "invalid data" warning. I don't know what the invalid data could be though. I admittedly used a trainer to help beat the NK, but that was offline, I didn't modify any character or item stats, and it was quite literally a one time thing. I've got no idea what the game expects me to do.

Tak3n

Banned
Fired up the game for the first time in a week and was greeted with the "invalid data" warning. I don't know what the invalid data could be though. I admittedly used a trainer to help beat the NK, but that was offline, I didn't modify any character or item stats, and it was quite literally a one time thing. I've got no idea what the game expects me to do.

You will now get banned, with out fail. Nothing you can do now except set up a new account via steam family

Risible

They won't ban for using the Sword Master glitch, right? That's not modifying the game in any way so I assume no, but...

pa22word

I think you can probably delete your save and you'll be okay.

Sucks, but better than a softban.

Thorgal

* walks inside
Deacons of the deep
boss room .

Do you have time to talk about our Lord and Savior, Saint
Aldrich
?"

silva1991

Can I just equip Blade of drakmoon covenant and just summon a fiend of mine(aldritch faithful) over and over for the covenant items? I'm having good time as a mound maker and got 15 in less than a day, but not a single BoD item so far.

jett

D-Member
Aw yiss, the super nice spot for soul farming at the beginning of
Anor Londo
just got even sweeter with a silver covetous ring, a symbol of avarice and a shield of want. Getting 50K per minute by downing three black knights (easily stunlocked with a rapier). Then I just warp back to the bonfire with the coiled sword. 40 STR let's go.

btw the covenant shit just doesn't work for me at all. I never get summoned.

Keinu

Can I just equip Blade of drakmoon covenant and just summon a fiend of mine(aldritch faithful) over and over for the covenant items? I'm having good time as a mound maker and got 15 in less than a day, but not a single BoD item so far.

Sorry, no. You have to be summoned by someone in the Way og Blue covenant when they are invaded.

p3n

So you cheated by using an external program that manipulates the game's data (that is what "trainers" do) and you "don't know" why you get a softban warning? I hope this is a joke post...

Spoilers about a "hidden location" kind of mid-game, pertaining to a coventant:
How was I supposed to know that in
Anor Londo
, that there was an
invisible path from the Anor Londo lift-tower over to the bonfire?

Been trying to play the game kind of not with a guide, but that part just baffled me when I at the end of my game went through a list of things I wanted to find. Is it mentioned anywhere, or any hints?

When I was there, there were a ton of messages
floating in the air
, so it was pretty obvious

Lux R7

Oh yeah I really liked the level too, but it's a dead end and the way the game connects it to the main path is pretty dumb, frankly. I wish it was just an optional area and just left alone for players to wander upon and say "whoa".

why is it dumb in your opinion?

patientx

I am not the best player with these games so please don't assume I know everything about the game.

Need some help / advice. I beat
Deacons of the Deep
and there is no other way ahead from that cathedral.. Do we have to kill the
two giants
inside the cathedral ? I also have the
abyss watcher
s but they are too strong for me. I got the
Iudex Gundyr , Vordt of the Boreal Valley , Curse-rotted Greatwood , Crystal Sage and Deacons of the Deep
so far.

Is there any other route I can keep on bypassing the
abyss watchers
for the time being ? Or do I have to kill them to progress through the game ?

I am not the best player with these games so please don't assume I know everything about the game.

Need some help / advice. I beat
Deacons of the Deep
and there is no other way ahead from that cathedral.. Do we have to kill the
two giants
inside the cathedral ? I also have the
abyss watcher
s but they are too strong for me. I got the
Iudex Gundyr , Vordt of the Boreal Valley , Curse-rotted Greatwood , Crystal Sage and Deacons of the Deep
so far.

Is there any other route I can keep on bypassing the
abyss watchers
for the time being ? Or do I have to kill them to progress through the game ?

Yes, unfortunately A
byss Watchers
is your next step.. You can summon help if they are too tough for you. Edit, I can help you if you are on PC.

I have a new favorite weapon:
Farron Greatsword.
That's 2-handed L1, hnnnnnngh.

Yeah, Cathedral of the Deep is loads of fun. The only part I didn't enjoy was the initial rooftop gauntlet, since it feels so long... But afterwards I've just had a blast exploring this gigantic area. So many surprises in every part of the level.

That's a nice name to it: rooftop gauntlet. It's the only non-boss place where I died more than 10 times while simply trying to progress to next shortcut/ bonfire. I was really frustrated with all the thieves and fire-imbued undead archers all over the place. Even the poisonous swamp was easier!

pa22word

why is it dumb in your opinion?
I thought I spelled it out fine with my posts. It feels incomplete as is, like they ran out of time designing the area after that might have connected back around to another area of the game but instead just plopped down a copy pasted boss from ds2, arbitrarily walled off another area of the game in the most haphazard way imaginable, and made you get some rando item from said boss to access it.

I mean they could have moved the dungeon around and let you play through that immediately after and work your way backwards into the city, like they did with lost Bastille in ds2 with having 2 paths twist and weave into one and it would have made the entire game much more coherent.

Lux R7

I thought I spelled it out fine with my posts. It feels incomplete as is, like they ran out of time designing the area after that might have connected back around to another area of the game but instead just plopped down a copy pasted boss from ds2, arbitrarily walled off another area of the game in the most haphazard way imaginable, and made you get some rando item from said boss to access it.

I mean they could have moved the dungeon around and let you play through that immediately after and work your way backwards into the city, like they did with lost Bastille in ds2 with having 2 paths twist and weave into one and it would have made the entire game much more coherent.

got it thanks. I was just curious.

slash3584

So I think I finished the game. Maybe.
I killed lord of cinder and "linked the flame" but the guy just sat there like any other bonfire and credits rolled

I guess this is the worst ending possible?

Hardest fight by far for me (beat the game twice)

I'd agree. Right now I cannot beat the last boss (fuck his 2nd phase) but before that I died countless times to the Princes. And all those times it was totally random: to the first phase, to the second phase sword attack, to the second phase magic bullshit etc. I had to change my whole 62-hour playstyle to finally beat them: drop the shield and 2H a Great Club +8. Only then - by constant rolling and never blocking - I managed to beat them with 0 Estus and like 10% health left.

Hardest bosses so far:

Last Boss >= Princes > Gundyr >>> all the rest

pa22word

got it thanks. I was just curious.

Sorry if I seem confrontational...been sitting here waiting on a darkmoon summon for hours now =\
this fucking tree

Honest to god, that's probably in my top 5 favorite bosses in the game. Granted I'm a massive zelda fan, but you could have ripped that fight out of this game and stuck in Ocarina of Time and I don't think anyone would have noticed the switch. Super nostalgic fight...but I do feel horrible for people who had to do it without a bow because they missed the longbow in high wall :x

If they were going to do a boss like that, they probably should have made the bow drop much more explicit than it was.

Speaking of which, did anyone but me get Ganon feels from Vordt? Change the ice with fire and give him tusks and it all find of fits o_O

pa22word

I beat the game and all optional bosses and I feel like I had the hardest time with this or
Pointiff

It's a puzzle boss! He's easy if you really pay attention to his entire body when fighting.

You can beat him without hitting him in the crotch once in the second stage ;)

GulAtiCa

I just did a good deed I feel. Cleared out the upper Irithyll dungeon, joined the Way of Blue and used Dried Finger. At least 5-6 Blue Sentinels and Darkmoon Blades joined while I played and all of them got 1-4 proof of concord in the mayhem that pursued.

Sorry to all red/mad spirits, but the blue guys need some love!
You are a great person.

SkylineRKR

That's a nice name to it: rooftop gauntlet. It's the only non-boss place where I died more than 10 times while simply trying to progress to next shortcut/ bonfire. I was really frustrated with all the thieves and fire-imbued undead archers all over the place. Even the poisonous swamp was easier!

Suicide bombers might be my favourite enemy in the game, I was like holy shit.

pa22word

You are a great person.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to get more fingers? I wouldn't mind doing this for a few people too--because lord knows I feel their pain on getting concords--but I only know of two drops in the entire game to get them. There has to be more because how else do fight clubs keep running without the host using tons of dried fingers?

Is this game not as connected as DS1? Why is it so hard to recreate that?

Anyway, I'm still trying to finish DS2 and hopefully they'll have 3 ironed out by then.

N° 2048

lolol after beating
Dancer
I felt pretty confident and went up the la
dder to Lothric Castle.
40 hours in so far.

That humbling difficulty spike. Back to farming souls :p

joanot

NG++ finished, need 8 proofs of concord and Im done, yesterday I got summoned 5 times, 0 today, guess Ill wait until they fix it, not a fan of farming.

I also need the wolf ring, is the only one Im missing, anybody willin' to help out with this ?

test_account

XP-39C²
I checked the Wiki and i'm sure that i collected all the branches at those three locations. I double checked two of them, but not the last one in
Farron Keep. I did however beat the big crab there, so it would be strange if i missed an item pick up, but i'll check again.
I checked now and i was indeed missing that item down there, thanks :) I must have missed it since the three nearby was kinda shining, overshadowning the item a a bit when i was near. When i checked again from some distance away, it was easy to see the item though.

I just farmed about 50 knights myself and got one of those items. Really sucks, i also havnt been summoned once with that covenant.

Is there anything to the Hawkwood quest really? I just
defeated him in the Abyss Watchers arena and now I have 4 dragon pieces. Do I do anything with them? Am I just done now?

Sayad

Anyway, I'm still trying to finish DS2 and hopefully they'll have 3 ironed out by then.
The effort and restriction on individual maps design is just not worth it if you'd have teleports available from the start anyway.

When infusing my shield with a Hollow Gem my Luck state went up to 29 but when equipping it only brought it up to 25 instead.

This game has all sorts of problems and yet not as bad as some games.

Steel

Banned
Is there anything to the Hawkwood quest really? I just
defeated him in the Abyss Watchers arena and now I have 4 dragon pieces. Do I do anything with them? Am I just done now?

Well, technically yes. But equip both twinkling dragon pieces, strip your armor, use the torso, then hold down use with the head.

SkylineRKR

In DS1, you could go into the catacombs almost straight away. And be one shotted. You could also opt for Darkmoon, Depths, New Londo I think. I forgot how it worked but within the first few hours I could juggle between a handful of areas.

DS3 is completely linear and its hub is separate, you have to bonfire your way to the first area which was very anticlimatic.

Decided to respec my SL80 into a dark build yesterday and i'm having a lot more fun than I did on my regular dex build. I'm exclusively using dark sorceries and dark pyromancies, and infused my Carthus Curved Sword with dark(
secretly the best weapon in the game
) So far, the build is really good for PvE and I've had consistent success in PvP.

Had to throw in some Fashion Souls as well.

U8ABPK2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom