• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferr986

I'm in new game +, level 123 right now (going for 125). I got out of being a bluebro, got 4 tokens after killing a bunch of phantom. The moment i got out i got summoned again. And while typing this i got summoned again (all of this while being in undead settlement)

So yeah there's activity for me

Still get nothing at lvl80. I dont want to level up more :/

fought last boss solo, got him to last third of second phase and I got combo'd to death

so I just realized "hey i can beat him solo, but fuck it" so I summoned one more bro and we made mince meat out of him.

praise the sun, motherfucker

Kyoufu

So should I have much better luck in NG+?

No, it doesn't matter.

Your best bet is to farm those Silver Knights while having the Darkmoon covenant equipped so you can get some summons here and there during the grind.

Look into boosting Item Discovery if you really want to get that covenant done.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Bloody hell. Irithyll Dungeons...

At least it's quite a small area. Those Jailers are absolute bastards.

Septimius

Just got the rings, miracles and gestures to get now for the plat. The grind is upsetting.

I actually thought this would be the first game I'd plat, but you never get automatically called for the respective automatic-invading-joining covenants, so fuck that. I don't want to ruin my Souls-experience by going for a grind. I just tried maxing my item-discovery to get concords from silver knights, albeit without respeccing, and I got like three in two hours. Fuck that.

Is there a checklist somewhere I can reference before starting NG+ ?

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/New+Game+Plus

...greaaaaatttt....

Haha

Ran around with 300 item discovery, killed probably 100 silver knights. Got three.

SDR-UK

I actually thought this would be the first game I'd plat, but you never get automatically called for the respective automatic-invading-joining covenants, so fuck that. I don't want to ruin my Souls-experience by going for a grind. I just tried maxing my item-discovery to get concords from silver knights, albeit without respeccing, and I got like three in two hours. Fuck that.

By far the worst grind in the game. It took me approximately 12-1300 Silver Knights killed.

1) is there any Platinum guide? Now that I am in NG+ I need exact instructions for the obscure NPC quests in order to not miss any single gesture/ ring.
2) it seems I missed some rings in NG that are later on replaced by +1 version. Will I get both +0 and +1 version now at the same time in NG+?
3) NG+ so far is very easy... bosses die like flies.

Septimius

fought last boss solo, got him to last third of second phase and I got combo'd to death

so I just realized "hey i can beat him solo, but fuck it" so I summoned one more bro and we made mince meat out of him.

praise the sun, motherfucker

I actually found Nameless King, the dragon guy, to be the hardest boss. I think I was having a bad day, didn't care to try. That was definitely the introduction to the "I'm a relentless motherfucker"-bosses, like Nameless, Princes and last boss. I actually found the last boss to be the easiest of the three.

1) is there any Platinum guide? Now that I am in NG+ I need exact instructions for the obscure NPC quests in order to not miss any single gesture/ ring.
2) it seems I missed some rings in NG that are later on replaced by +1 version. Will I get both +0 and +1 version now at the same time in NG+?

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Trophy+&+Achievement+Guide

I don't know, but I think you'll get only +1, and I wouldn't think they stack, anyway? EDIT: Or perhaps the +0 are in the original places.

pa22word

1. Been two different guides posted on this page man :)

2. No, they are in different spots. Also, don't worry about missing one as they show back up on continuing NGs

3. Yep. Massive let down after what DS2 and Scholar did with NG+, but oh well =\

I don't know, but I think you'll get only +1, and I wouldn't think they stack, anyway?

There's one +2 ring in NG+, while the rest are in ++. There's also one +3 ring in ++

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Farron GS still so good even with its nerf
😃😃😃

Nah but you can parry if you can get the timing down
Heres a vid on FGS

Skip to 7:50 where talks about how much it can be parried.

It should be nerfed more if the only way to respond is parry. If you spam an attack like that there should be more of a window for response since one has committed to it. Or maybe I'm just missing it.

Sande

Would this work:

1. Get to same level range with a friend
2. He joins Way of the Blue, you join Blades of the Darkmoon
3. ???
4. Proofs

Or is it just too difficult to get a specific player summoned (would the password help here)?

Mist

Banned
Anyone else who hasn't seen Unbreakable Patches in Firelink Shrine yet? I bought the Catarina Set from him in the Cathedral and gave it to Siegward, but Patches does not appear in Firelink Shrine. Neither can I trigger him by going up the Tower, where he supposedly traps you (this didn't happen to me when I bought the key).

I've just beaten High Lord Wolnir by the way, and I read that he had to appear after killing the Abyss Watchers.

So I've just defeated
Abyss Watcher
and entered the Catacombs.

I don't know, but I feel a little disappointed by the experience so far. Can't put my finger on it why, it just doesn't feel as mysterious as previous games. Alot of the areas I've been through look alike too. Feels like I already seen all of it.

Starting to think FROM made the right decision to halt the IP for now.

Anyone else feels this way too?

pa22word

Would this work:

1. Get to same level range with a friend
2. He joins Way of the Blue, you join Blades of the Darkmoon
3. ???
4. Proofs

Or is it just too difficult to get a specific player summoned (would the password help here)?
No, that wouldn't work.

Sents and Darkmoon are totally random as far as matchmaking goes, and it seems the only sure fire way to get one to show up is by popping a dried finger in my experience.

So I've just defeated
Abyss Watcher

I don't know, but I feel a little disappointed by the experience so far. Can't put my finger on it why, it just doesn't feel as mysterious as previous games. Alot of the areas I've been through look alike too. Feels like I already seen all of it.

that is funny i did this exact thing the other day only i was impressed by the way the wall slid out like a secret entrance and thought wow FROM is still surprising me w this stuff

Sullichin

Bah came so close to beating Dancer at level 1 :(

Died so many times instantly to the grab attack. It was never really a problem for me before but I'm having such a hard time dodging it. Also many other attacks one shot me.

pa22word

So I've just defeated
Abyss Watcher

Same here.

The game totally feels like the Mega Man 5 of the series. Still a good, fun game. Maybe even great! /But/ you can tell they're running out of ideas and need to move on, at least for a little bit.

Geist-

Just checked and you indeed should have them all. Were you offline when you got the last one? Found out that with Dark Souls 2 if you were offline you wouldn't get the achievement for it. It could be fixed with buying any spell while being online so maybe try that? You can also pretty easily get duplicates of all of those except for the one you get from AF.

That wasn't it, I'm always online for Dark Souls (just not fun without invasions). I also bought every spell I could a 2nd time, but it still didn't proc. This is driving me crazy. :-/

Thanks for helping though.

I feel like farming Silver Knights for Proofs of Concord is even slower since the most recent patch. I've spent the past 2 hours doing it and I've earned ONE, and that's with all of the luck-enhancing things you can do. I've earned 2 million souls just from the farming. Fucking ridiculous.

Sullichin

Anyone else who hasn't seen Unbreakable Patches in Firelink Shrine yet? I bought the Catarina Set from him in the Cathedral and gave it to Siegward, but Patches does not appear in Firelink Shrine. Neither can I trigger him by going up the Tower, where he supposedly traps you (this didn't happen to me when I bought the key).

I've just beaten High Lord Wolnir by the way, and I read that he had to appear after killing the Abyss Watchers.

This happened in my game (except I missed him in the cathedral too). Even though he didn't trap me in firelink, after dropping down in the tower and picking up the Estus ring, it triggered him to show up in his usual spot as a merchant.

I-hate-u

Just started this game. This is game has the most "this door doesn't open from this side" doors in it's first couple of hours.

Game feels more choppy than BB on PS4, but something the art style takes me back to Demon's Souls for some reason.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
So I've just defeated
Abyss Watcher

They're probably right to give Souls a rest after this one, yeah. But for me the series is going out on a high. I think 3 is a great game.

Tell you something though, the Catacombs are not going to change your opinion. Worst area of the game.

Same here.

The game totally feels like the Mega Man 5 of the series. Still a good, fun game. Maybe even great! /But/ you can tell they're running out of ideas and need to move on, at least for a little bit.

see i feel totally the opposite. they are putting old things in here on purpose, they are referencing the other games because this is the finale. that's different than them running out of ideas. that aformentioned boss fight was a thrill to me because it reminded me of three separate boss fights from previous games, only it took them and removed all of the awkwardness from them, and added some new mechanics that were done extremely well. all the games refer to each other, only now they have the mastery to really pull off some crazy new takes on that dark fantasy material.

i think it helps that the level design is so good here and enemy placement is very interesting. there tend to be many "setpiece" areas that leave a memorable impression. sometimes these even involve older enemies or referencing events from earlier games.

i don't hold it against them bc i am having a blast celebrating the series along with the game.

Mist

Banned
This happened in my game (except I missed him in the cathedral too). Even though he didn't trap me in firelink, after dropping down in the tower and picking up the Estus ring, it triggered him to show up in his usual spot as a merchant.

I'll try to drop down there again. I've already got the Estus Ring, but perhaps I can trigger him this way.

ChU1WeaWgAAQSNg.jpg

I got the first part of N
ameless King
down fine now. People saying to stay directly in front of him were spot on. Obviously the head was the weak spot, but even if you're hitting it's neck there's good chance he's going to fly and breath fire, whereas if you stay in front, well I haven't seen it do that attack since I starting staying front! I have found it easier to lock on though, since it keeps you centered and facing forward, since it's swaying and moving around any way, locking on seems easier to dodge the
Nameless King's
attacks.

Now the second part of the fight is a slog. I definately just need more practice to get the dodge timings down on his attacks and then I think I'll be fine. I do have a problem with the tightness of window of opportunity with this (and other) bosses and enemies in the game - there are a lot of times when an enemy has a long combo then the amount of time for you to heal or attack is tiny - literally one swing of the Claymore is pushing it for how close it is before they recover, in most cases they have recovered as you hit them and then your next dodge has to be pixel perfect as soon as the sword animation ends to dodge their next attack (since they all have hyper armour).

I'm itching to start a new character and start a magic/rapier build, but I want this first playthrough out of the way first. I'm guessing I'm at the end since I don't have any where else to go after N
ameless King
and I haven't placed the last cinders yet which I'm guessing opens up the final area/boss.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else who hasn't seen Unbreakable Patches in Firelink Shrine yet?...

*raises hand*

Had a little misunderstanding with him in Cathedral of The Deep, bought some stuff from him once it was all sorted. Never seen him since.

God knows how anyone ever figures out all the triggers for the npc quests in these games.

2AdEPT

nice, thanks for the video!

is the frequent use of "ok" some sort of american slang thing though? :)

No its just me (Canadian)....if you add the "all rights" and "ok's" up I think the number would be very discouraging...I'll try harder to use more varied language in those situations. :p

What level were you guys after beating
Dancer
?
32 (with the
glitch of course:p)

*raises hand*

Had a little misunderstanding with him in Cathedral of The Deep, bought some stuff from him once it was all sorted. Never seen him since.

God knows how anyone ever figures out all the triggers for the npc quests in these games.

Did you go all the way up the
elevator in the tower
then come back down to get trapped by him in
Firelink
? I havent got him to appear in the
Deep
but the
Firelink
thing always has worked for me.

Geist-

That wasn't it, I'm always online for Dark Souls (just not fun without invasions). I also bought every spell I could a 2nd time, but it still didn't proc. This is driving me crazy. :-/

Thanks for helping though.

FUCK YES!!!!!

I put all my spells in my storage box and then picked them back up and the achievment unlocked. YES!!!!!!!!!!!

SkylineRKR

I feel like farming Silver Knights for Proofs of Concord is even slower since the most recent patch. I've spent the past 2 hours doing it and I've earned ONE, and that's with all of the luck-enhancing things you can do. I've earned 2 million souls just from the farming. Fucking ridiculous.

I gave up, to add to the insult, when I was returning to the bonfire after dueling I got one without any buffs on. I regret not grinding out those bodyguard covenants when I was lower level still. Maybe a fresh new game one day, purely for these covenants.

Its unbalanced. Pale Tongues drop more frequently in PvE and its no problem getting a PvP fight on. Same goes for Shackles.

gaugebozo

I CAN'T fucking beat
The Nameless King
. I walk in with two other people and I still can't get that fucker down to even half health. How is that even possible? On top it's super hard to find people for him. Geez, I think I might just give up.
I think three people is a mistake. If one sucks, you're fight a boss with some huge health buff. It's less likely to have one shitty player in groups of two, and if the other guy dies it's more manageable.

There's also the fact the estus flasks are halved for summons, so with two or more summons the average amount of estus goes down

Mist

Banned
*raises hand*

Yeah. I kind of like how there are so many secrets in this game, but it also encourages me to use a walkthrough even though I'd really like to do everything on my own. I just don't want to miss things.

Nephtes

I gave up, to add to the insult, when I was returning to the bonfire after dueling I got one without any buffs on. I regret not grinding out those bodyguard covenants when I was lower level still.

Maybe a fresh new game one day, purely for these covenants.

They seriously need to remove level requirements for Blue Sentinels and Darkmoon and simply scale damage and HP and armor accordingly...

Farming these items is just awful... I want to move on to NG+ already! D:

spyder_ur

I guess I don't understand the people who invade very well. Is it really a ton of fun running up behind someone who is engaged in a tough fight with 6 enemies and killing them? Or doing 2 on 1s? I get it if someone is dueling.

Also why doesn't my Separation Crystal work in these instances?

*raises hand*

Never even saw him in the Cathedral, he just appeared at Firelink at some point for me as a merchant.

Tarkus

While I love the Souls series and prefer its gameplay and build variety to Bloodborne, Bloodborne was so good. It had that something special. Game of the generation so far.

You can tell that material has run thin in this game. Still, it plays well but I don't think I'll be sinking as many hours into it as I did for prior games (300 DeS, 700 DS1, 1000+ DS2). I really hope they continue the BB series for another game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom