• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Man, for most of my 10-hour playthrough I've had my VPN on, and I just realized today that I can't connect to anyone else while my VPN is active, even though I can see messages and bloodstains. I've basically been playing offline for the past 10 hours. That's a bummer. No wonder I never got invaded. Luckily I'm still early in the game (I think), so I can at least play through the rest with online enabled.

You've got plenty to go, don't worry about that. And that's hilarious :D

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You've got plenty to go, don't worry about that. And that's hilarious :D

Yeah it's the weirdest thing. I was trying to be a sunbro today and get summoned but I never could connect to anyone. I was perplexed because I could co-op yesterday and I was wondering why that is. Then I remembered I turned off my VPN for a short while yesterday to watch Netflix and didn't turn it back on before playing DS3.

Oh well. Good to know I have a ways to go!

More elegant solution would be to just bring the damned blue eye orb back and just get rid of way of blue altogether.

The best solution would be to just earn the reward for whatever Covenant you have equipped when co-op'ing a boss.

Fuck forcing people to play the shitty, laggy pvp or farm 0.02% drops for hours on end.

The best solution would be to just earn the reward for whatever Covenant you have equipped when co-op'ing a boss.

Fuck forcing people to play the shitty, laggy pvp or farm 0.02% drops for hours on end.

This is the one game design decision that irks me about this game. It sounds fine on paper, but in practice it is damn near impossible to get the covenant rewards, even if you like doing the activities, the game won't let you do it with any regularity. I hope From tweaks it to be more meaningful.

roytheone

5 tries in a row that were pure garbage against
pontiff
. Finally have a good run. Manage to get him to his second phase for the first time. Had no idea what was going on, basically panicking the whole time, look at his health bar, see that miraculously I almost have him. Start to fuck up because of that, but manage to shake it of JUST in time and bring the fight home. Such an amazing feeling. This is why I love this series.

mdzapeer

I M getting owned in ng+ pvp using a strong build. Was doing well in ng. Winning only 1 in 5 matches.

Always lacking stamina for that last hit...while my opponents bring me in down in a combo an a half. Feels I am under level. Sl 109...here

Steel

Banned
I M getting owned in ng+ pvp using a strong build. Was doing well in ng. Winning only 1 in 5 matches.

Always lacking stamina for that last hit...while my opponents bring me in down in a combo an a half. Feels I am under level. Sl 109...here

Are you not using the ring of favor?

It's that, or you have extremely low stamina. Or are you using a shield? Cause if they're using the knight-slayer ring you're gonna have that problem.

Nazo

I've been thinking of starting up a faith build, what would you guys recommend for a mace upgrade wise? Lightning gem or Blessed Gem?

GulAtiCa

So to play with my two friends, I will need to use a dried finger as well as an ember?

Is it just the same process? Host takes ember (and dried finger) and the two others place our soapstone signs down?
For 2 summons, you don't need it. Only for 3.

Also, keep in mind that the more summons you have, the more likely you will be invaded

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
...look at his health bar, see that miraculously I almost have him. Start to fuck up because of that, but manage to shake it of JUST in time and bring the fight home...

Haha, been there a few times myself, sometimes those are the best fights.

Venom Fox

Banned
For 2 summons, you don't need it. Only for 3.

Also, keep in mind that the more summons you have, the more likely you will be invaded
Cool, there's 3 of us wanting to play, I know for two of us one of us needs to take an ember to become host.

So just take an ember and eat a finger lol. Got it.

GAH fuck it, I am done grinding for god damn covenant items... freaking 1 hour for 5 Proof of a Concord Kept items...

Screw the achievements I am just going to get the rings and just do Dark Souls fight club.

Siegward is another one who I met once and never again. If I ever manage to see a quest through I just take it as a bonus :)

i am having a blast following him! it is a very nice and engaging story on his part. fighting that optional fire demon battle w him earlier was wonderful, and last night i ran into 'him' while exploring the Cathedral of the Deep. i knew something was off, from both the tone of voice and the camera angle, so I knew it couldn't be him. today i was exploring and came upon a well. guess who's voice i heard coming out of it? lol and then there was me talking to him, him wondering if he can fashion a new form of his iconic suit out of....something...? lol i love it.

Steel

Banned
How much should I have? I aM using the ring

Well, it depends. It matters more if you're using a shield, but even then, being able to pursue people and keep up a combo is hugely important for small-medium weapons. Larger weapons stagger so much that it doesn't matter. I try to max it out at 40, personally.

spyder_ur

Aldrich is the first boss I've struggled with (needed more than 5-10 tries against). Just can't get down the plan of attacks. I know he's weak to fire but I can't get a moment to pop the buffs.

Loading up for anti magic but I get one or two shotted by the spears or if he catches me with an attack.

HF2014

Ok! Dragonrider Armour is much way harder on new game +... Got it first try first playthrew, now about 10 time, no signs im going foward....wtf.

TitusTroy

every person I invade using the Red Eye Orb is running with 2-3 other phantom helpers...is no one playing the game solo anymore??...ridiculous...

Tarkus

GAH fuck it, I am done grinding for god damn covenant items... freaking 1 hour for 5 Proof of a Concord Kept items...

Screw the achievements I am just going to get the rings and just do Dark Souls fight club.
I've never understood why people had such throbbing boners for achievements.

TitusTroy

after invading someone and dying I received 1 million souls...I'm assuming it's a hack but I didn't get the warning message about invalid game data...either way I purposely died and didn't keep the souls

la_briola

after invading someone and dying I received 1 million souls...I'm assuming it's a hack but I didn't get the warning message about invalid game data...either way I purposely died and didn't keep the souls

do you have savegame backups? if yes: I would delete and restore the file!

HF2014

Need a summon? (PS4)

I'm around if you need help!

Thanks for the offer! But got no psplus, playing offline, and i want to beat him by myself ;) Its a matter of time, switch gear for the shield with 80 stability, seem to help so far.

Just had my first legit chills moment during the start of the
Pontiff Sulvayn
boss fight.

The stunning area, the music,
the way he just stands there, and his blades slowly lighting up as if to say "you're not ready for this".
man it was all just perfectly executed. Give me more of these moments!

la_briola

Damn you and your 60fps bliss

well, the downside: cheaters, not many, but you get your fair share.
tears.gif

MilkBeard

For those who have beaten the game, or just want to here some commentary about Souls and the Souls community from someone who's been around since the beginning, check out Epicnamebro's podcast Souls is Dead:

Skip to 11:30 if you want to just get into the Souls talk. He talks about localization and some other games before then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHABeArlsCg

Yeah this is really bumming me out. Only have a couple rings/spells left to get. I've been having the Darkmoon covenant active from level 65 to 95, many many hours of play, without a single summon.

Thats cute

/Pure Bladestone Bros

Bladestone sure did suck, but that doesn't mean this is okay either!

jett

D-Member
Could this be a oversight?

I'm pretty sure I extinguished those three pyres in the distance. :p

Anyway, just now a guy invaded me and the game didn't even have the good grace of letting me know I had been invaded! Lost 200k souls lol.

Also, that feel when running around with 200k souls ain't no thang.

Its easier for me to run to a bonfire, give up, let invader kill me, respawn then it is to try and pvp legitimately.

I haven't had too much of a problem with invaders since you can just run around without an ember. I'd like to do all the covenant stuff though, but it's real rough given how terrible the netcode is. I don't feel like I can improve either when I'm getting killed by swords that can somehow hit you from 3 feet beyond the tip of their blade.

burgerdog

Could this be a oversight?

I'm pretty sure I extinguished those three pyres in the distance. :p

Anyway, just now a guy invaded me and the game didn't even have the good grace of letting me know I had been invaded! Lost 200k souls lol.

Also, that feel when running around with 200k souls ain't no thang.

Equip a ring of sacrifice if you're trying to get a ton of souls back. If you die you won't create a new bloodstain and lose your souls.

Korosenai

For a pure intelligence build, would I be better off getting the crystal sage rapier or the crystal hail spell using the soul of a crystal sage?

Manu

I finally killed Tsorig in NG+ and he dropped the Fume UGS.

Now I don't have enough Twinkling Titanite to upgrade it to +5 :( But at +3 and with Carthus Flame Arc is doing about 900 dmg with a charged R2.

Can't wait to take this baby for a test drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom