• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always right in front of it, ready to dodge and smack its head a couple of times. All the attacks are easy to see coming (and quite trivial to dodge) and it's immediately obvious which way you should run to avoid the flying fire attack.
I'll try being in front of it to see if it helps see when it flies, I'm usually to the side of it's face rather than staring it down eye to eye because of the flame breath.

HF2014

NG+ just gives everything more health and higher damage output. The boost is pretty small and is the same throughout so you will steamroll early game if you have fully upgraded equipment and high stats. Difficulty picks up once you get back to Lothric Castle but even then I don't it is that noticeable.

Hope so, i just beat Aldrich on my first try... Now in Irithyll Dungeon. Im starting to wonder if its not the easiest Dark Souls. First one was dead hard, second one even if didnt like it was even harder, maybe more cheap. This one, well a few boss are tough, but a lot i beat them first try.

test_account

XP-39C²
You guys aren't under it, are you?

I'm always right in front of it, ready to dodge and smack its head a couple of times. All the attacks are easy to see coming (and quite trivial to dodge) and it's immediately obvious which way you should run to avoid the flying fire attack.
My biggest problem are the lance attacks and the randomness of the attacks (if the attacks were done in a static order, it would be easier). I get hit by it maybe 70% of the time. Feels like luck if i manage to time the roll to dodge the attack. The fire attacks (both on ground on air) is for the most part pretty easy for me to avoid.

Alfredo_V

Neo Member
Starting my second run tonight as a pyromancer, any main weapon suggestion? DEX is better to invest then STR right (casting speed)?

Sande

I CAN'T fucking beat
The Nameless King
. I walk in with two other people and I still can't get that fucker down to even half health. How is that even possible? On top it's super hard to find people for him. Geez, I think I might just give up.
This should answer all your questions.

Honestly though, what made him so difficult for me was the varying combos. Sometimes he stops a specific combo earlier (if he thinks he can't hit you I guess) and sometimes goes for the whole thing. I beat him pretty soon after I just started making sure he was done with a combo before hitting him.

The second (out of 3) phase is actually the most difficult one imo. The few extra attacks he uses in the third phase are slow and easy to punish.

ironcreed

Banned
I CAN'T fucking beat
The Nameless King
. I walk in with two other people and I still can't get that fucker down to even half health. How is that even possible? On top it's super hard to find people for him. Geez, I think I might just give up.

This was a better fight than the final boss for me. By leaps and bounds.

Geist-

So, I have all of the sorceries, but the achievement isn't proccing for me. Please tell me there's an easy solution to this bug...

Before anyone says anything, yes I've counted 5 times, I have 34 sorceries and afaik that's all there is.

KingKong

I CAN'T fucking beat
The Nameless King

Why are you summoning two people? It just adds a ton more health for not much benefit. Just one person is all you need if you must summon

Chorazin

I CAN'T fucking beat
The Nameless King

Boost your lightning resistance. Dodge when he flies, get under him and chop the legs. Once he dismounts play cautious and Dodge well. You got this!

I am seriously debating a Demon Fist run. Punch to the mooooooooooon!

Or a whip run. The Spotted Whip actually has good base damage and sick Dex scaling.

Kind of disappointing. The S
tray
D
emon
will follow you to the other end of the wall, where there's the tower you can drop off to get back, but there's no scripted plunging attack animation for it. :(

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just helped a sorcerer do the NK and I didnt even use a single estus
locking on in the first phase actually helped me, second phase is always a doddle

Using dark sword refined with dark gem and dark pyro

GulAtiCa

Aw man you're almost As bad as the guy I heard who would backstab people as a mad phantom just as the bonfire got into view.
Lol. I usually wait till they unlock a bonfire or a shortcut. Last night half the times I just helped them get to boss and left them around. They never know if I'll be evil or good. Yay chaos.

I kinda feel bad for the last guy. Kinda. I was near the point where I would have had them unlock the ladder shortcut but they got invaded by a red. The red bowed to me, thinking I was an invader. So I teamed up with the red and killed the confused host. Lol

In retrospect, I should have helped the host kill the red, and then killed the host off the ledge. Would have made things funny.

You monster. I'm guessing you got wrecked.

I used Chameleon to hide and let the host lose most of his heals (that was my plan anyway, I assumed they were setting up ganks until I saw a red phantom when I started to ambush). I think it worked, I killed the host by chasing him everywhere and poking him when he lost stamina.

I finally have a chance to play this game(Going to buy it from best buy) the XBOX ONE DAY ONE version is only in store so considering the PS4 better, is the PS4 version better? I know silly question but just wanted to be sure

So, I have all of the sorceries, but the achievement isn't proccing for me. Please tell me there's an easy solution to this bug...

Before anyone says anything, yes I've counted 5 times, I have 34 sorceries and afaik that's all there is.

Is it possible to drop one and then pick it back up? I honestly don't know if this can be done with spells, but I read that it can fix the same glitch for the ring trophy.

NeoGiff

No, fuck this shit. I spent 20 mins trying to summon someone to help me with NK. I finally managed to summon a guy in Abyss Watchers armour, so you'd assume he knows what he's doing with the appropriate resistance etc.

Within 60 seconds he was dead, because he spent the whole fucking time standing underneath and trying to attack the legs. I've hit a brick wall and I'm raging.

SDR-UK

No, fuck this shit. I spent 20 mins trying to summon someone to help me with NK. I finally managed to summon a guy in Abyss Watchers armour, so you'd assume he knows what he's doing with the appropriate resistance etc.

Within 60 seconds he was dead, because he spent the whole fucking time standing underneath and trying to attack the legs. I've hit a brick wall and I'm raging.

PS4? I'd help out if so.

JustinBB7

Gonna use the dried finger near the end when I'm going to farm cov things, can you turn it off so you won't get constantly invaded? (if you don't want that anymore later I mean) How does that work?

TitusTroy

I finally beat
Champion Gundyr and Nameless King
solo in my 2nd playthrough...those were the only 2 bosses I used summoning help for in my 1st run...using summoning help made me feel dirty and felt like I hadn't really beat the game...so in my 2nd run I made sure to level up and prepare...they were still hard as hell
(more so Nameless King)
but damn it was satisfying to kill them solo...now I feel I've truly beaten Dark Souls 3...
Gundyr
is actually really easy to parry but his 2nd phase is so wild that it throws off my timings so I just straight beat him down and abandoned the parry...
Nameless King's
2nd phase is crazy because his blows take away so much stamina that you need to learn his timings and master rolling...either way I feel clean again now

myco666

:-/

If someone wants to double check for me, here's an album: http://imgur.com/a/rABxr

Just checked and you indeed should have them all. Were you offline when you got the last one? Found out that with Dark Souls 2 if you were offline you wouldn't get the achievement for it. It could be fixed with buying any spell while being online so maybe try that? You can also pretty easily get duplicates of all of those except for the one you get from AF.

Joeku

Just got to
the second phase of the Lorian fight where his younger brother rides his back. I'm sure someone has made a video montage of themselves getting creamed by them to the tune of The Spin Doctors' "Two Princes" already, right?

Also, just a little clarification on some sidequest stuff,
is it not too late for me to go back and finish sidequests from Anri and Seigmeyer if I missed a phase earlier, or have I locked myself out of them this run?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished up the U
ndead
S
ettlement
area (early game). I spent my time exploring and think I thoroughly cleaned out every last thing in this zone, including
Cornyx of the Great Swamp, Irina of Carim, the sunlight medal, befriending the giant, and killing the big fire monster near the tower.
Phew! The whole area took me a few hours to work through between yesterday and today, and I'm currently clocked in at 11 hours. Don't think I'll be beating this game in anything less than 50 hours if I'm being honest.

I have to say, I had a hell of a time in the early game as a Pyromancer because of my low armor, low health, and that stupid 50% defense shield. As I was trying to make my way through this area yesterday I realized that taking damage in every single mob encounter wasn't sustainable, so I went to Firelink Shrine to see what options I had. I was ecstatic to find that I could buy a 100% block shield! Ever since then things have been significantly easier, although I still died quite a few times.

In terms of difficulty I'd say this is definitely harder than Dark Souls II in the early game. I've definitely died many more times in this game, but it always feels manageable and I haven't felt the urge to ragequit, which is great.

GulAtiCa

Gonna use the dried finger near the end when I'm going to farm cov things, can you turn it off so you won't get constantly invaded? (if you don't want that anymore later I mean) How does that work?
Why would you use dried fingers to farm cov items?

Plus, you can only get invaded in areas where you haven't beaten the boss yet.

Blade of Darkmoon help!!

I'm level 112 with +10 weapons, beat the game, but didn't go to NG+ yet, is there anywhere I can go that would be good to actually get summoned? Haha.

Unai

I just beat the N
ameless King
. I think it's the last of the optional bosses. 80 hours of gameplay. Here's the video of the fight on youtube.

To be honest I think the boss I died the most was
Abyss Watchers

I think the level design inside the areas in this game is better than the level design in Dark Souls 1. I don't think it will have as much PvE replay value because it's so linear, though.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Fuck that stupid fucking monkey style greatsword where people flip around and seemingly have no window to punish it. People just spam it.

Tecl0n

Beat
Nameless King
, now onto the achievement grind. No
weapon collection
achievement this time around, huh.

Echoplx

Blade of Darkmoon help!!

I'm level 112 with +10 weapons, beat the game, but didn't go to NG+ yet, is there anywhere I can go that would be good to actually get summoned? Haha.

Not really, time to start grinding
silver knights

It will destroy your soul though so maybe don't

pa22word

Blade of Darkmoon help!!

Best guess would be either the archives or great belfry bonfire area.

Just hope there's someone around to pop a dried finger =\

Audioboxer

Just finished up the U
ndead
S
ettlement
area (early game). I spent my time exploring and think I thoroughly cleaned out every last thing in this zone, including
Cornyx of the Great Swamp, Irina of Carim, the sunlight medal, befriending the giant, and killing the big fire monster near the tower.
Phew! The whole area took me a few hours to work through between yesterday and today, and I'm currently clocked in at 11 hours. Don't think I'll be beating this game in anything less than 50 hours if I'm being honest.

I have to say, I had a hell of a time in the early game as a Pyromancer because of my low armor, low health, and that stupid 50% defense shield. As I was trying to make my way through this area yesterday I realized that taking damage in every single mob encounter wasn't sustainable, so I went to Firelink Shrine to see what options I had. I was ecstatic to find that I could buy a 100% block shield! Ever since then things have been significantly easier, although I still died quite a few times.

In terms of difficulty I'd say this is definitely harder than Dark Souls II in the early game. I've definitely died many more times in this game, but it always feels manageable and I haven't felt the urge to ragequit, which is great.

There is a 100% block shield to find in that area ;)

Echoplx

Fuck that stupid fucking monkey style greatsword where people flip around and seemingly have no window to punish it. People just spam it.

It doesn't have hyper armour so it can be staggered, backstabbing it is also possible off you time your rolls right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom