• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

I guess I don't understand the people who invade very well. Is it really a ton of fun running up behind someone who is engaged in a tough fight with 6 enemies and killing them? Or doing 2 on 1s? I get it if someone is dueling.

I do it for the Shackles. I have no mercy. But I'm also in for fair 1 on 1's without heal. Depends on how the situation evolves. Sometimes a guy is waiting in an open space alone, making a gesture. Then I just duel for my item. Sometimes I am ganked on spawn. Sometimes I potshot someone who is busy.

This one didn't want to fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwck3-rgO8k

But I wanted my shackle, lol.

Minamu

What's the purpose of choosing way of blue and using dried fingers in ng+? Does it help with getting covenant items or something?

I'm still having trouble finding people to invade/help. I've never been summoned myself but I've seen two or three Aldritches but never managed to kill them, too unfair odds every time :/

pa22word

They seriously need to remove level requirements for Blue Sentinels and Darkmoon and simply scale damage and HP and armor accordingly...

Farming these items is just awful... I want to move on to NG+ already! D:

More elegant solution would be to just bring the damned blue eye orb back and just get rid of way of blue altogether.

Mist

Banned
I'll try to drop down there again. I've already got the Estus Ring, but perhaps I can trigger him this way.

Well I just tried that and he still isn't there. I do think he's still in the Cathedral though, but I have no idea how to get him to FLS.

I do hope the Siegward questline is okay.

They're probably right to give Souls a rest after this one, yeah. But for me the series is going out on a high. I think 3 is a great game.

Tell you something though, the Catacombs are not going to change your opinion. Worst area of the game.

Catacombs immediately reminded me of Earthern Peak.

I still enjoy playing, but the magic from previous entries are totally gone.

pa22word

What's the purpose of choosing way of blue and using dried fingers in ng+? Does it help with getting covenant items or something?

I'm still having trouble finding people to invade/help. I've never been summoned myself but I've seen two or three Aldritches but never managed to kill them, too unfair odds every time :/

Wob + finger is basically a lock for a blue sent/darkmoon bro to get summoned.

Very helpful for people who having been trying for 50+hours to get concords.

masterkajo

I have a problem. Two of my friends and me are trying to play coop together through the game and everything worked perfectly up until now. We used the same password and could summon us no problem. But today (we are after the forth boss) we can see each others summon signs but if I summon one friend the other summon sign dissapears forever. If he leaves me world I immediately see the other sign again. Any help? Please?

2AdEPT

I've done Darkmoon, Sunbro, and the Fingers in one to two sessions of PVP each. I want to know why the frequency is so poor for so many other people; in my opinion, this is From's biggest failure with DS3. Players are having unequal experiences online.

This is a good sign mate!
A.) It means there are more and more (millions) of people playing this fine game as the number alone should mean variability.
B.) the AI is complex and varied enough to create wide variability in experience. Skill becomes a factor, etc etc.

I have a problem. Two of my friends and me are trying to play coop together through the game and everything worked perfectly up until now. We used the same password and could summon us no problem. But today (we are after the forth boss) we can see each others summon signs but if I summon one friend the other summon sign dissapears forever. If he leaves me world I immediately see the other sign again. Any help? Please?

I imagine many of the smae problems exist today that existed in the past for other games, the multiplayer is buggy. There were times me and friend pulled our hair out, but other times it was our own fault, (someone not human etc.) It will get better and worse on different days, but usually recovers.

It should be nerfed more if the only way to respond is parry. If you spam an attack like that there should be more of a window for response since one has committed to it. Or maybe I'm just missing it.

Its R1s are standard attacks.

First L1 has a fairly large window where you can see its coming.

If you get hit by the first L1 99% youll get hit by the second so keeping away there is priority.

3rd L1 rarely hits so unless you're terrible and out of stamina its is super easy to dodge.

Really the only attacks you have to really look out for is the first 2 L1s.

This is coming from someone who mains FGS in PvP alongside Washing Pole

SDR-UK

Tell the host to use Dried Fingers. I'm unsure of which area you are in but what is probably happening is slots are getting allocated to the Covenant summons as well as random invasions and thus you have to use a Dried Finger for another phantom slot. Be aware that this means more invasions though.

If you're in the crucifixion woods, you need to use the dried finger to summon more than one person. Good luck though, it also opens you up for invasions a lot more. I had two mad phantoms and a Farron Watchdog invade me. Then had a darkmoon and a blue sentinel come in through concord. I also used a giant tree seed. It was glorious pandemonium.

I don't know what I am doing with my life.
I've just spent 5 hours farming Proofs. Fuck that

This is what I plan to do this evening. This sucks.

Can't get summoned to save my life, no one uses the way of blue covenant. They need to add a positive benefit to using it.

Tingle

This is what I plan to do this evening. This sucks.

Can't get summoned to save my life, no one uses the way of blue covenant. They need to add a positive benefit to using it.

I've been saying that both ends should receive and ear. That would also make people have to farm less later on when they are Blues.

Anyone else who hasn't seen Unbreakable Patches in Firelink Shrine yet? I bought the Catarina Set from him in the Cathedral and gave it to Siegward, but Patches does not appear in Firelink Shrine. Neither can I trigger him by going up the Tower, where he supposedly traps you (this didn't happen to me when I bought the key).

I've just beaten High Lord Wolnir by the way, and I read that he had to appear after killing the Abyss Watchers.

Same thing happened to me on my ng+ run. Bought the armor in Cathedral and he didnt appear in firelink at all.

Minamu

Wob + finger is basically a lock for a blue sent/darkmoon bro to get summoned.

Very helpful for people who having been trying for 50+hours to get concords.
Ah yes, that makes sense. I wish I ran into those things too, I really need the items too like everyone else :) I'll start doing this just to help out, maybe it'll pay back down the road.

Gestures: yes
Rings: no, you need the ++ versions of the rings, which you can only get on the third play through.

Dunno if you can get
Yellowfinger Haysels
gesture without
upsetting Sirri

edit: Dont remember what
her questline
gives you tho....

pa22word

Mother of god

Captain Yorksha I swear my ever dying allegiance to thee

Please my queen, let me pet the fluffy tail, like the chosen Undead hath done years before.

giphy.gif

Rocketz

NG+ is done at least for what I wanted to do. Left a few of the optional bosses that I might go clean up at a later date when I'm bored but I'm done until the DLC. It's been fun.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finally started NG+ after hoarding everything possible and I think it's time for a break. I'm cruising through the areas, autopiloting the bosses and not really having fun anymore. I may come back later and +10 a new weapon to make it feel a bit more fresh.

mxgt

Banned
That feel when sunbroing the
final boss and the host hits him during the second phase aoe and dies.
Has happened 3 times already.

I was still able to do Seigward's quest well after his final moment (and by the grace of how his quest works, I was still able to see it coop'ing as a phantom :D), so I think the most you miss out on are potential gestures.

So, in NG, when I was fighting those scary crocs after P
ontiff
S., I was invaded by this griefer who ruined my day. Worse off, I got the got chewed to death instead of a clean, honorable end.
Remembering the pain, I returned to the area in NG+ prepared, and while being double teamed by those pokey smashy bros, I got invaded by two faithfuls.
I ran like hell to upstairs, and past the silver knights while barely surviving, and managed to pop a seed of giant tree! LOL AT THE CARNAGE!!
Unfortunately, one managed to get away with a sliver of health left but oh man, was I happy!

I never imagined I'd say this, but thank you silver knight archers, you guys are my bff.

MilkBeard

Blade of Darkmoon help!!

I'm level 112 with +10 weapons, beat the game, but didn't go to NG+ yet, is there anywhere I can go that would be good to actually get summoned? Haha.

I was getting summons at that level, just put it on and try playing around in certain areas. Go back and try to get anything you missed and see what happens.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, H
igh
L
ord
W
olnir
was a very silly fight

I loved that fight! I honestly think that's the type of fight From needed to design for some bosses, to freshen things up a bit. Somebody on here (Zocano, I think) said something that I agreed with, the bosses get really tiresome when they're all just RA! RA! RA! STOMP! STOMP! STOMP!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Man, for most of my 10-hour playthrough I've had my VPN on, and I just realized today that I can't connect to anyone else while my VPN is active, even though I can see messages and bloodstains. I've basically been playing offline for the past 10 hours. That's a bummer. No wonder I never got invaded. Luckily I'm still early in the game (I think), so I can at least play through the rest with online enabled.

Venom Fox

Banned
Yep! Need to use a Dried fingers item. From the store lady. Warning: allows for quicker and more then 1 invader
So to play with my two friends, I will need to use a dried finger as well as an ember?

Is it just the same process? Host takes ember (and dried finger) and the two others place our soapstone signs down?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Waiting for a summon at NK was like waiting for death to come, so I did it solo second try.
Admittedly I had helped about 15 people do it before, but I was still pretty happy about it

Now to go trophy hunting before last boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom