• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geist-

Ok2oQJL.png

HaodCSC.gif

133 hours logged...I think it's time for a break.

masterkajo

Tell the host to use Dried Fingers. I'm unsure of which area you are in but what is probably happening is slots are getting allocated to the Covenant summons as well as random invasions and thus you have to use a Dried Finger for another phantom slot. Be aware that this means more invasions though.

If you're in the crucifixion woods, you need to use the dried finger to summon more than one person. Good luck though, it also opens you up for invasions a lot more. I had two mad phantoms and a Farron Watchdog invade me. Then had a darkmoon and a blue sentinel come in through concord. I also used a giant tree seed. It was glorious pandemonium.

Thanks. Using the dried finger did help. I guess it is true that the extra covenant invasions occupy a slot so you have to make an additional. Thanks guys!!

Joeku

Question for those who've finished it: just beat
the Twin Princes and got the last cinder. Is now the time to look up a guide to clean up things I missed before going into the end or is there still a fair bit to go?

So I just got to
Kiln of the First Flame
. My question is, how many areas are in the game? This appears to be the
19th
Area. I know multiple areas can appear under a single icon, but it looks like there should be a place for one more icon...

Geist-

Question for those who've finished it: just beat
the Twin Princes and got the last cinder. Is now the time to look up a guide to clean up things I missed before going into the end or is there still a fair bit to go?

The game doesn't end immediately after the final boss. You can finish the game, then find the things you missed if you want.

Finally beat
champion gyndur
after so many freaking tries (30 plus). The trick is to mix dodging and blocking in the second phase. Thankfully he wont be as difficult on NG+. Very proud of mysekf for having beaten every boss thus far solo and with no buffs. That said, you gotta do what you gotta do at times so not knocking anyone.

Awesome, awesome game. Definitely downloading DKSII:SoTFS next.

GAH fuck it, I am done grinding for god damn covenant items... freaking 1 hour for 5 Proof of a Concord Kept items...

Screw the achievements I am just going to get the rings and just do Dark Souls fight club.

Holy shit, you got 5 in just one hour? I've been averaging about 2/hour so I'm jealous.

Geist-

Finally beat
champion gyndur
after so many freaking tries (30 plus). The trick is to mix dodging and blocking in the second phase. Thankfully he wont be as difficult on NG+. Very proud of mysekf for having beaten every boss thus far solo and with no buffs. That said, you gotta do what you gotta do at times so not knocking anyone.

I probably should have done every boss solo in one of my runs, but I just love coop so much. It just wouldn't feel as fun without a buddy/buddies.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Finally beat
champion gyndur

Now do it naked, only fists, and parrying.

Finally beat
champion gyndur

actually the real trick is to parry. he's very easy to parry.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
is Lightning Blade good to use with anri's straight sword ?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Beat I
rithyll Valley
and made it to the Dungeon. That was another great area, great boss fight too! Very nice throw back to DS in there as well
fuck you dragon archer

I love this game

For those who have beaten the game, or just want to here some commentary about Souls and the Souls community from someone who's been around since the beginning, check out Epicnamebro's podcast Souls is Dead:

Skip to 11:30 if you want to just get into the Souls talk. He talks about localization and some other games before then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHABeArlsCg

It's good he addressed it. Unraveling the secrets and mysteries via communal effort is part of what made playing Dark Souls in the first days so special.
Now you have guides and well produced videos about Dark Souls 3 listing 30 ingame secrets or whatever weeks before its release. I wasn't there during the Demon's Souls days but there was the same kind of community exploration going on with Dark Souls and I really liked how week after week people kept discovering new mechanics and lore. I miss that.

I know it's not really something you can expect from a Japanese dev on PC, but I really wish this had native DS4 support. More and more games seem to lately.

kencey

I'm a fucking idiot.
I bought the Haven's Ring instead of the Boulder Heave spell, on my Pyromancer.
Now i can't beat the Old D
emon King

Steel

Banned
Starting a fight club is hard, man. I just tried doing it in NG+ U
ndead
S
ettlement
, summoned a few mad spirits, used dried fingers, put down prism sones to make what I'm after clear...

Well, it worked for the first two. Then all of a sudden I had 2 mad spirits and one dark spirit after me. Managed to kill 2 of them(and then another one was summoned) before dying.

Ridiculous, man. Grats!

Hey thanks :D

Nice job!
Why didn't you two-hand you weapon by the way? You didn't seem to really do anything pyromancy-wise aside from buffing your weapon at the start.

I tried 2 handing but didn't get very much more damage per swing but each swing took quite a bit more stamina, so I just stick to 1 handing for the most part. (at least that's how it works for the raw broadsword - maybe it's different for raw astora's sword)

Keinu

I tried 2 handing but didn't get very much more damage per swing but each swing took quite a bit more stamina, so I just stick to 1 handing for the most part. (at least that's how it works for the raw broadsword - maybe it's different for raw astora's sword)

I've found that 2 handing is only really worth it if you're using a heavy strength scaling weapon. Even on my refined build I find the stamina increase too costly to be worth it. I have no data to support it, but it feels a bit off compared to earlier games.

Btw, grats on that nk kill at sl1, mighty impressive :)

Jobbs

Banned
I think my greirat is bugged on this character. He keeps asking if he should go scavege, and I say yes, and then I go kill a boss and he still is just waiting and asks again if she could go scavenge. Three bosses later he still hasn't done it. I need that friggin glaive.

Fuck! I'm missing something.
Spoiler for locations:

1. Under the
lift in the church/chapel. It's a trick lift like the one in Undead Settlement. You activate it from Grand Archive.

2. In Grand Archive,
hidden behind a bookshelf. You pull a lever to lower the bookshelf and a chest shows up which contains the slab.

3. In Grand Archives,
kill the 3 fat knights on the rooftop. You get a slab, the first time around.

Gorillaz

had 2 or 3 matches so far today where nothing is connecting hit wise and the invader is getting connects

alot of lag problems today even restarted my stuff to make sure it wasn't me

I've never understood why people had such throbbing boners for achievements.

Why do people do any optional content? Why do people waste their time playing video games? Why do people do anything besides eat sleep shit die? Because they get satisfaction from it. He wasn't having fun getting the achievement so he quit. Why are still having these arguments in tyool 2016?

Griss

I've never messed around much with Covenants in these games, but I decided to try them here.

After hours spent beating
Twin Princes
and
Nameless King
as a
Sunbro
, I have to say - that was really tremendous fun. Summons were instant, and had a high success rate at the bosses, too. I was a damn expert at
The princes
by the end. We'd bring in 3 phantoms, two would die quickly, and I'd still get the kill in the end. It's also clear that summoning only one phantom is the best way to go about beating a boss - you can still trade aggro but the health boost isn't too high.

But what's the best way to do the other covenants?
Darkmoon
in particular feels impossible to get summoned for.

I don't want to move on to NG+ until I've done all I can. I'm seeing a lot of people mentioning grinding items, which is something I really don't want to do. Right now I want to focus on
Watchdogs
. How do you get their item?

Fuck Nameless King.
First phase, stay under the dragon and don't lock on. If you see him fly straight up, run like hell in the direction he's facing.

Second phase is actually pretty difficult coz he's tanky as fuck. Use fire/magic buffs and dodge his attacks or if you have Magic Great Shield spell and a great shield then mix up blocking and dodging. If all else fails, summon meatbags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom