• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxgt

Banned
Dried Finger really livens up the disappointment of NG+. Absolute carnage at the first Upper Lothric bonfire, just non stop invasions and Darkmoon assistance. So much fun.

TitusTroy

First phase is easy aside from the obvious fire attack designed to make you eat up estus. I can't get close on the second phase. I don't use any magic at all.

use a fast weapon...I was having major difficulties with him until I switched to the Chaos Blade...he's still hard but not brutal like before...also roll into him when he flies in the air and roll away if his attacks become too much

pmunk

Man, reached the portion of the game where the difficulty begins to scale up. Absolutely loving it.. First true souls experience at launch, came to From at bloodborne.

Find the bosses to be a little underwhelming compared to those in bloodborne. Combat generally more fun in DS3 because of build opportunity. Crushed that this will be the last game in this mold if rumors are right.

mxgt

Banned
respec 40 dex / 40 luck, hollow infusion will probably be best. Get you them Warden twinblades (farm from grave wardens) and a pocket katana (washing pole for pvp/range, onikiri and ubadachi for L1 spam).

Buff your warden blades with Carthus Rouge, then walk up to a thing, use the weapon art > R2, and watch the blood fly.

Eh, I doubt 40 dex is needed, Warden's don't scale too well. Think it'd be better getting 40 end and/or vit first. Then again I am no expect.

Warden's with high luck, hollow + carthus rouge are beastly though. Love them in PvP

NeoGiff

I somehow managed to get 8 Proofs of a Concord Kept within an hour. I wasn't even trying either, I was just progressing through L
othric
C
astle
as a Blade of the Darkmoon and kept being summoned.

However, I had a password on from a GAFfer helping me earlier with N
ameless
K
ing
... it was "NGAF". Would that affect the summoning? I ask this because the majority of times I was summoned, it was to C
rucifixion
W
oods
and the same host, and the same invader was invading three times.

Fucking FINALLY got my 30th Proof of Concord from the Silver Knights.

Here's some context: in the time it took me to farm the last 10 I needed, I earned enough souls just from farming the knights to go from level 145 to 191. So, yeah.

Fuck...I still have to do this.

PLEASE patch these drop rates, From.

I haven't gotten a single 1x1 match as an invader so far. Not even one. This is fucking unplayable.

This is a weird way to say "I haven't 'gotten gud.'" The area you choose will make a big difference in what kind of fight you end up in. I found invasions in the undead settlement to be very one sided in favor of the host.

I will say, that every time I lose my ember I do an invasion to get it back, and I have gotten generally decent odds in my fights most places.

If you want to fight a duel use a red sign soapstone.

Sarcasm

Instead of saying get good (aka being useless) and not giving actual advice (being useless again) don't say anything.

I don't invade much (because it's a shitty lagfest) so I would not know where to invade. The wiki is useless for mostly everything and asking here most likely would get skipped over.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Started NG+ and I'm surprised by how easy it has been so far.

I have to remember not to kill any
Mimic
without popping a rusted coin first. I really need that S
ymbol
of A
varice
if I ever want to farm for the Covenant items...

mulac

Yhorm's Great Machete vs. Fume Ultra Greatsword: What's better or more powerful?

Fume Ultra was nerfed in the last update - I'm rocking a mixture of the Great Machete (+3) and the Butchers Knife (+10) which both seem to be working pretty well as and when required.

Knife for fast R1 actions, Yhorm's for bigger longer-wind up enemies.

Here's hoping they rebalance the FUG in the next patch actually because right now its not powerful enough for its stats hence Yhorm's Machete.

My STR is at 50 and DEX at 30 btw.

Mimic
ymbol
of A
varice

NG+ has been stupidly easy, unfortunately.

mulac

Mimic
ymbol
of A
varice

I'm curious - when you beat the game the first time (i'm nearly done) - does it give the option to go into NG or can you choose to remain in your current playthrough to backtrack to areas where i might have missed items?

This is a weird way to say "I haven't 'gotten gud.'" The area you choose will make a big difference in what kind of fight you end up in. I found invasions in the undead settlement to be very one sided in favor of the host.

I will say, that every time I lose my ember I do an invasion to get it back, and I have gotten generally decent odds in my fights most places.

If you want to fight a duel use a red sign soapstone.

I'll freely admit: I'm not good enough to beat 3 decent players at the same time. Guess I'll keep practicing.

RangerBAD

I'm curious - when you beat the game the first time (i'm nearly done) - does it give the option to go into NG or can you choose to remain in your current playthrough to backtrack to areas where i might have missed items?

You can enter NG at anytime at the Firelink Shrine bonfire. It gives you the option "Begin Journey 2". You can stay in your current cycle as long as you want.

Yhorm's Great Machete vs. Fume Ultra Greatsword: What's better or more powerful?

Yhorm's

Mimic
ymbol
of A
varice

The difficulty spike you're expecting never really comes. SoC was slightly more difficult, but that's about it

burgerdog

Dark Souls II still the king of ng+. It's hard to believe that Bloodborne and Dark Souls III were such a step back. I mean, shit, as soon as you spawned in ng+ you knew it was going to be special when those hawk dudes get on you.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Buddhist No-Souls 3

EKen2OG.gif

MilkBeard

Also, anyone looking for a challenge for NG+ should be playing fully embered and with dried finger/way of the blue. Lots of invaders up in that range and it will make it an interesting experience.

Uthred

Dark Souls II still the king of ng+. It's hard to believe that Bloodborne and Dark Souls III were such a step back. I mean, shit, as soon as you spawned in ng+ you knew it was going to be special when those hawk dudes get on you.

Have to agree, NG+ on DSII actually added some new gear and enemies and changed up bosses a bit. Hard to get excited about a +1 on a ring. Having more fun trying new runs with alt builds than NG+.

I don't think I have ever seen a weapon as sexy as the Profaned Greatsword, holy shit that thing is a sexy thing.

Goddamn. Do you folks have any idea whether it is a good thing to upgrade for my currently Strength 40 / Dex 15 build....?

MilkBeard

Just had some weird error where the game summoned a Blademoon for me without any invader. I'm actually not embered at the moment. He got summoned in, and then the game immediately sent him home after he ran to me. However, I did have an invader that ambushed me at an enemy earlier that killed me. I think there was such an extreme amount of lag that the game took that long to summon the Blademoon. So weird.

Knowing this, there could be some element of delay that is causing a lot of people to not get summoned. If the system is that laggy.

Toxi

Banned
So apparently offensive miracles are supposed to be used at point-blank range... And my Lightning Spear still does less at that range than a swing with my great sword.

What's the fucking point?

Cyrano

I don't think I have ever seen a weapon as sexy as the Profaned Greatsword, holy shit that thing is a sexy thing.

Goddamn. Do you folks have any idea whether it is a good thing to upgrade for my currently Strength 40 / Dex 15 build....?
Looks like a pretty regular greatsword weapon moveset to me. As for whether 40/15 is viable, if you're going for a STR build or want to balance it out for quality (40STR/DEX), 40/15 is fine.

60 is the cap for any build that is only using one stat (STR/DEX/LCK/etc.), 40/40 is the cap for any build using two stats (40 INT/FTH, 40 STR/DEX, etc.)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Man that first area in R
oad
of S
acrifices
up until the first bonfire is brutal. Made it most of the way through then the caster transformed three enemies at once who mobbed and annihilated me. Managed to get through it on my second try but had to use a bow and arrow to take him out from a distance. He still transformed his buddies, but in their rush to get to me a bunch of them fell off a cliff and saved me some work.

I then partook in my first ever red soapstone duel. Summoned a red phantom and fought him near the bonfire. I lost, but it was a close match and I enjoyed it. I may try a few more, but the lag was pretty horrendous. It was hard to tell when I was going to connect with a swing and when I was going to get hit.

I also finally maxed out Yoel's schtick. Not really sure what his deal is but I read some spoiler-free articles and it appears it's linked to an ending? Seems intriguing. I noticed that he called me
"Lord"
just now. Not really sure where this is going, but I have some theories. I'm guessing this leads to a
bad ending
, so I'm debating whether or not to follow through with it.

Anyway in non-serious news, I came across this during my travels today:

Now I feel like making a joke character on my next run haha. Maybe Bob from Accounting?

Momentary

Banned
I was just watching a vid when I noticed the load time was almost 25-30 seconds on consoles.

Is it better with a SSD? PC seems to load around 4-7 seconds.

MilkBeard

I'm on PS4, at level 112 equipping the Way of Blue and using a dried finger in the first area, High Wall for anyone that wants to try and get some concords.

Man that first area in R
oad
of S
acrifices
up until the first bonfire is brutal. Made it most of the way through then the caster transformed three enemies at once who mobbed and annihilated me. Managed to get through it on my second try but had to use a bow and arrow to take him out from a distance. He still transformed his buddies, but in their rush to get to me a bunch of them fell off a cliff and saved me some work.

I then partook in my first ever red soapstone duel. Summoned a red phantom and fought him near the bonfire. I lost, but it was a close match and I enjoyed it. I may try a few more, but the lag was pretty horrendous. It was hard to tell when I was going to connect with a swing and when I was going to get hit.

I also finally maxed out Yoel's schtick. Not really sure what his deal is but I read some spoiler-free articles and it appears it's linked to an ending? Seems intriguing. I noticed that he called me
"Lord"
just now. Not really sure where this is going, but I have some theories. I'm guessing this leads to a
bad ending
, so I'm debating whether or not to follow through with it.

Anyway in non-serious news, I came across this during my travels today:

Now I feel like making a joke character on my next run haha. Maybe Bob from Accounting?

My friends and I are sad we don't all play on the same console, we wanted to do the ninja turtles and have people invade us in the catacombs

Cyrano

I was just watching vid when I noticed the load time was almost 25-30 seconds on consoles.

Is it better with a SSD? PC seems to load around 4-7 seconds.
Ever since I got an SSD my games on PC have loaded extremely quickly, usually instantly (3 seconds or less). Have a 512GB Samsung SSD - use it for the OS and for games, while I store other media like video on regular HDDs. I got it mostly for modding and digital artwork, as Skyrim was taking 30 seconds or longer with my mods (I load hundreds) - it's now around 5 seconds - Photoshop loads most things in a few seconds as well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom