• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lingitiz

Finished the game finally. This game probably has my favorite difficulty curve in the series. I was probably underleveled, but I got my assignment handed to me by Nameless King and Soul of Cinder. Super satisfying to finally take them both down.

Is the game timer inaccurate? I got clocked in around 20 hours which seems way lower than any game in the series. BB took me about 35 without all the optional content.

I just went thru an entire guide for all of the bone shards, 100% have collected all of them yet my bonfire is only at level 10 with none in my inventory to burn. Am I boned? Anyone else encounter this glitch?

johnsmith

remember me
Man, I need to stop summoning people for boss fights until I slam my head against the wall for a while. It makes the game way too easy.

Is Vigor the best stat in the game? I rolled an Assassin a few days ago and concentrated just on Vigor as my main stat. I'm up to Cleansing Church and my HP bar is gigantic and nothing really hurts me. I can get hurt a ton and keep going like it was nothing. And this is just wearing the Assassin gear.

I actually put a few points into endurance for a while because I couldn't heal enough with estus to take full advantage of my massive HP bar. My first few characters had barely any vigor and I struggled on a lot of bosses and enemy encounters. Now, it's a breeze. I don't have to block shit, I can take hits without panicking, it's kinda insane. This character that is full Vigor is tougher than my high equip load warrior that can wear the heaviest most defensive gear.

Get'sMad

I just went thru an entire guide for all of the bone shards, 100% have collected all of them yet my bonfire is only at level 10 with none in my inventory to burn. Am I boned? Anyone else encounter this glitch?

you still probably missed one...the bonfire level will be 11 when complete.

also you can just find one in NG+ and burn it and you'll get the achievement if thats what youre wanting

HF2014

Finished the game, first time finishing a new game plus from Souls games.

14 Hours. It took me 14 freakin hours, and in that, iv waste like 45 minutes getting the Ring of Favor +1, giants rats were owning me, and a good hour on Pontiff. I beat Lord of Cinder on the 4rth try...

Ok i did i fast run, but still... Two runs, and i manage to break a record for myself, when i think i clock like 90 hours in Dark Souls for a first run... Im curious how fast i could beat it on my first try now... knowing the way and shortcuts to unlock.

I love the game, bosses are cool, levels are nice, but why im thinking they kept all for DLC...

14 Hours.... I just cant beleive it...

So apparently offensive miracles are supposed to be used at point-blank range... And my Lightning Spear still does less at that range than a swing with my great sword.

What's the fucking point?

Oh and don't forget, the strongest offensive Miracles can only be gotten by beating the *last boss* lol.

To be truth, Miracles doesn't seem to be geared towards offensive, they're more like support-thing like healing or knocking enemies away. Use sorcery/pyro if you want to go full offensive.

Looks like a pretty regular greatsword weapon moveset to me. As for whether 40/15 is viable, if you're going for a STR build or want to balance it out for quality (40STR/DEX), 40/15 is fine.

60 is the cap for any build that is only using one stat (STR/DEX/LCK/etc.), 40/40 is the cap for any build using two stats (40 INT/FTH, 40 STR/DEX, etc.)

The fire effect is tremendously cool, that charge attack of fire, especially that unique stomp movement imbued with fire oh myyyy........... that thing is sooo sexy. The sword looks very sleeeeek too.

Yeah my final goal is to raise str/dex 40/40.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Does Sirrus just hate you immediately if you accepted Rosaria's covenant? I didn't realize that. I accepted but never "equipped" it, am I safe or screwed wth her quest line?

I was doing some invading tonight (ugh, so painful as a Mad Spirit, it always seems to end with 3v1... me being the "1"). Anyway, a few times a blue spirit was brought in to help, and there was a flash of red light. I tried to get it in my screenshot. Does anyone know what this is for? Does it point in the general direction of the Blue? In the below image you can see it just to the right of my sword, between the two trees. It's kind of a red orb that flies off in a direction.

BTW - for mound makers... what is the point of being summoned with a signature? They bill it as a pvp / co-op covenant. If I am summoned with a purple signature, I get attacked my mobs, and can kill them (presumably to help the host). But, I can't help with a boss and can't get any reward to finish my mission without killing the host (or all the phantoms), so why would anyone summon me for co-op?

TitusTroy

the mid-fight cutscene during the
Twin Princes
boss fight was absolutely brilliant...when it transitioned from the 1st phase to the 2nd phase...the voice acting and dialogue was perfect..."Dear Brother...I'm on my way...rise if you would"...really chilling and well done

Styles

I don't think we've ever gotten an actual sand level in DS. It would be neat if one of the DLC stook place in Carthus, but I don't know how well that would fit into the story of DS3.

I learned the gesture from her after accepting that covenant so I dunno the conditions... She didn't appear for me till after I did cathedral.

Sirris will *not* hate you if you: do not equip the Rosaria covenant item and/or you do not give any pale finger to Rosaria (changing stat counts as one, don't do it)

If you want to get her quest full reward without waiting too long to do it "properly", the earliest you can get is to after defeating Aldrich. Go to the Greatwood and finish her summon there. Afterwards, accept her loyalty and immediately kill her (she won't strike back)

pa22word

Dancer
is a complete pushover on NG+.

D can be utterly destroyed from the swamp onward by pretty much any melee build even on NG. There's a killer shield hidden in front of SD that will make her fold like a page out of the gospel in front of you.

Very nifty for scoring chunks early. Also if you want to level fast, because you can pop down a summon sign in front of DSA or D and score massive amounts of souls comparable to early game when you sunbro them.

MilkBeard

I was doing some invading tonight (ugh, so painful as a Mad Spirit, it always seems to end with 3v1... me being the "1"). Anyway, a few times a blue spirit was brought in to help, and there was a flash of red light. I tried to get it in my screenshot. Does anyone know what this is for? Does it point in the general direction of the Blue? In the below image you can see it just to the right of my sword, between the two trees. It's kind of a red orb that flies off in a direction.

BTW - for mound makers... what is the point of being summoned with a signature? They bill it as a pvp / co-op covenant. If I am summoned with a purple signature, I get attacked my mobs, and can kill them (presumably to help the host). But, I can't help with a boss and can't get any reward to finish my mission without killing the host (or all the phantoms), so why would anyone summon me for co-op?

The glowing red thing is a tracker. They appear when a Blademoon is summoned, to direct the Blademoon to the enemy invaders. If there are multiple invaders there will be multiple glowing orb things. They float in the direction of the invader.

neoism

Buddhist No-Souls 3

EKen2OG.gif

lol

It woulda been super cool if when you beat the game if you
link the fire
the final boss in your next play through was
your character

Steel

Banned
Anyway in non-serious news, I came across this during my travels today:

Now I feel like making a joke character on my next run haha. Maybe Bob from Accounting?

I've met Ted Cruz and Donald Trump in my travels. I managed to kill Donald Trump when I invaded him, but Ted Cruz had a gank squad.

Griss

Thinking about moving to NG+. Can you pvp with people still on NG? I'm only SL92 or thereabouts.

If you can't, then I think I'd stick around. Or is there plenty of action on NG+?

Someone said to me she'll only hate you if you equip the covenate or give items
Yeah if you give any pale tongues, that INCLUDES respeccing, she will hate you. I know because I stupidly just respecced and this happened to me, I didn't think that would count...

I accepted the covenant in a previous playthrough but never used a tongue and she never hated me.

It's funny because I played the japanese version first, and I didn't mess up ANY NPC questlines even though I didn't read how to do anything. I never finished playing the japanese version, got the PC version in english, and messed up EVERY SINGLE ONE lol.

I miss no fall damage :(

Steel

Banned
Thinking about moving to NG+. Can you pvp with people still on NG? I'm only SL92 or thereabouts.

If you can't, then I think I'd stick around. Or is there plenty of action on NG+?

There's a ton of NG+ pvp action. Fight clubs in the first area. Dunno whether or not you can pvp with NG people, though.

I apologize in advance, but I tried making a black character for my new run and...

This is fucking hard. I just can't get him to look right, and it's bothering me a lot. I tried modeling it off of my friend Omar and he's just laughing his ass off at the pic I sent him and is like "lol well at least you tried"

Steel

Banned
Some people in pvp are able to do some weird sliding move all over the ground after an attack. What is that?

Some weapons(mostly daggers, but some axes) have a weapon skill called quickstep. It's basically a super dodge.

Or are you talking about the farron greatsword's weird lb swing motion?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I apologize in advance, but I tried making a black character for my new run and...

This is fucking hard. I just can't get him to look right, and it's bothering me a lot. I tried modeling it off of my friend Omar and he's just laughing his ass off at the pic I sent him and is like "lol well at least you tried"
Time to lighten the skin, add some makeup and play as Boy George.
Though your character is actually reminding me of something else, maybe a faux-Egyptian villain in a movie I saw? Edit: Maybe Stargate or this guy.

Ogawa-san

You're almost at that point in every Souls game character creation where after much tweaking you realize it's almost impossible to not look bad and that you'll rarely wear something that's not a full face helmet anyway.

Maybe you can find something here?
https://www.reddit.com/r/SoulsSliders

You will not be able to create naturally-looking black character in these games. The black skin color is like just some human getting soaked by oil or tar or something, lol.

JDB

Banned

Making a character that looks remotely human is a feat in itself.

Get'sMad

god invading in the
Grand Archives
and killing the hosts gank posse and him scrambling back to the bonfire to try to summon more phantoms will never not get old to me.

Some weapons(mostly daggers, but some axes) have a weapon skill called quickstep. It's basically a super dodge.

Or are you talking about the farron greatsword's weird lb swing motion?

I think it was a bigger sword. Dude did an attack, then kind of slid around the floor. It looked like he was glitching, though I'm sure it's a feature. Saw at least two people do it. Actually the best analogy would be that it looked like the Dark Souls equivalent of wave-dashing.

I'm just getting into pvp, so I know fuck all about the exploits at this point.

god invading in the
Grand Archives
and killing the hosts gank posse and him scrambling back to the bonfire to try to summon more phantoms will never not get old to me.

Never not get old? So it will always be old?

Cyrano

I think it was a bigger sword. Dude did an attack, then kind of slid around the floor. It looked like he was glitching, though I'm sure it's a feature. Saw at least two people do it. Actually the best analogy would be that it looked like the Dark Souls equivalent of wave-dashing.

If the player had a dagger in one hand and stabbed it into the ground and then slid on the ground in a circular motion with the greatsword, that's the Farron Greatsword and is part of its unique moveset. It functions like a regular greatsword except for its LB attacks.

If it looks like a dash that is covering a LOT of ground, that's a unique property of some daggers and other weapons called the Quickstep, which costs FP but allows you to effectively have a super-invulnerable dash, that yes, looks like a lot like the Bloodborne dodge.

GulAtiCa

4 more MM items left! Then I'll level up to at least 100 and prob up my weapons to +9.

Also, from all this summoning, I lost about 500k Souls while wondering about. Not even phased, as can easily get that back and couldn't use it until I got all 30 Mound Maker items anyways.

I also decided to take a small break and put on way of blue and use my dried fingers. Got invaded and soon after a blue came. Then another red! The blue decided to leave... Was doing that to help them out.... Geez, thanks for the "help"...

Steel

Banned

Farron greatsword. It's a greatsword and dagger combo. It can catch you by surprise, but it's pretty damn easy to punish because of how long the animation for the attack goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom