• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
The best way to kill them is to wait form them to stand up and run at you. If you hit them during their run animation it stuns them and leave them open for a riposte. The weremail kicking my ass before I discovered this.
Oh, no, I think they're fairly easy. Just so fucking disgusting.

tariniel

This whole area of I
rithyll
D
ungeon
and P
rofaned
C
aptial
is just great. We Demon's Souls now.

I really hated ID because of the
jump scares.
Those kinds of things just piss me off and for some reason they ALL got me, I never saw them coming. Next time I guess it wont be so bad since I'll know what I'm getting into.

I also couldn't figure out how to get to some areas in there. I feel like I missed some stuff. There's one window near the giant that I saw an enemy in, and I couldn't find my way into that.
I did somehow find Siegward thanks to random messages

DedValve

Banned
So I fought the C
onsumed King
and the first half was amazing. The second half I accidentally cheesed by staying in the door area across from the fog gate. He was so big he didn't know what to do so I just wailed on him lmao.

The area after that boss is extremely cool. I had to double take. It also reminded me of a certain path early on...."turn back". Damn you From I listened to that message without even bothering to investigate! To think of what was hiding.

What are some good greatswords for a heavy strength build? I'm currently rockng Executioners blade +5 with a 32 strength, 18 dex, 23 int, 13 faith.

Thinking of the wolf blade which I have but its so expensive to upgrade and currently my executioner blade is just outperforming it by far in terms of the numbers.

Also thinking of moonlight greatsword, the damage is super weak but its a magic weapon however I don't know if my int is enough to make use of it. Really uninmpressed with the greatsword selection.

Also I have no idea what to level up anymore. I get a ton of souls and I just spend it on armor or whatever lol.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Worse than the face-humping goats?
I think I can honestly say that I've never been humped in the face.
I really hated ID because of the
jump scares.
Those kinds of things just piss me off and for some reason they ALL got me, I never saw them coming. Next time I guess it wont be so bad since I'll know what I'm getting into.

I also couldn't figure out how to get to some areas in there. I feel like I missed some stuff. There's one window near the giant that I saw an enemy in, and I couldn't find my way into that.
I did somehow find Siegward thanks to random messages
I don't know if you've been to the next area yet, but you'll find a key there that opens up some doors in ID.

JDB

Banned
Every time I do PvP I get reminded how utterly shit the netcode still is 5 games in. Get hit and doing hits on delay gets tiring really quickly.

tariniel

Every time I do PvP I get reminded how utterly shit the netcode still is 5 games in. Get hit and doing hits on delay gets tiring really quickly.

Yep, I really don't enjoy the PvP any more at all. Especially now that invasions you end up outnumbered pretty much all of the time. I think I'll skip the achievement hunting this time around.

pa22word

Oh god. I remember getting skullfucked. Seriously, I say this every Souls game, but the developers must've been on something when they came up with that.

That enemy was one of the only standard enemies in the game that seriously shocked me. Like, where I said to myself "wow, I have no words for this moment". A saddenly rare moment for this game after Bloodborne continually wow'd me throughout the game =\

So basically I should have switched to the Washing Pole a long time ago.

Yup. On my first run of the game I made a huuuge mistake going chaos blade over washing pole because of both the scaling and being scarred by DS2 PC 60fps durability bug'd washing pole that ate through repair powder like candy. I thought to myself, "eh it can't be that good if it's being sold in the handmaiden shop".

Lmao wtf was I thinking. I used it in my PC dex run and the game basically dropped its pants for me as soon as I started using it. It made killing d early at high wall an utter joke, allowing for early chunks. After that....

The jailers died in two hits, making ID a breeze. I killed the c sage in GA on the first cycle. I mauled L bros with only one estus using it in what seemed like 3 mins. I totally obliterated SoC with it, using only two estus. It's so damned good I could have stopped leveling at like 65 and still destroyed the game with it.

Daft Punk

Banned
Ok got a problem. I tried sumoning
Eygon
for this fight with the
Sage
and now he's stuck in the wall and won't move, only keep turning. Anything I can do?

Quikies83

Ok got a problem. I tried sumoning
Eygon
for this fight with the
Sage
and now he's stuck in the wall and won't move, only keep turning. Anything I can do?
You can use the black crystal and send him back. Quit back to title screen and reload in - you should be able to summon him over

I've been trying to do some invading since I've never really done that part of the game. Man, people are just not giving me the time of day it feels like. It's not like I sneak up on them and backstab, I make myself known, bow (Even after they try and attack me), and just try to have fun, but everyone either runs past me, or tries to kill me mid bow animation.

I understand, but it's not as fun as just dueling it out. I guess I may just have to wait until I get to Pon
tiff
again before I can start doing loads of PvP. with the red soapstone.

Killing the Dancer as my 2nd boss in NG+ made me happy in many ways and sad in one way.

Happy because:
- I killed her at first shot (she killed me once but Second Chance saved my ass... I rolled back as crazy, healed and recast Second Chance again just in case)
- with my NG+ Health & Stamina pool I could even block her crazy-ass whirlwind attack with my Greatshield of Glory +4
- she was worth 320k Souls (5 levels!)
- I can now run and get all the Titanite Chunks needed for Great Club +9 and Black Iron Greathsield +9
- it felt like sequence breaking!!!

Sad because:
- I can now face Gundyr :( :( :(

Demon's fist looks pretty sick.

Not too demanding on pc, plays smooth.
Drops frames while loading tho. Gives me a headache after a bit of that. Dont notice dropped frames on console. Probably cause i never look for it unless im on pc.

test_account

XP-39C²
For those who are done with Watchdogs of Farron, how did you do it? I have problems with autosummoning here as well, and i tried to grind a bit outside of
Abyss Watchers
like the Wiki says, but i didnt get a single drop.

Ferr986

Platinumed the game yesterday using mostly katanas and had no idea the washing pole was in this game. o_O

The maiden sells it after you give her the east ash.

Its actually the second best katana, after the Chaos bladw, but I cant get over how goofy it looks. Its too long :/ (useful for pvp though)

GulAtiCa

For those who are done with Watchdogs of Farron, how did you do it? I have problems with autosummoning here as well, and i tried to grind a bit outside of
Abyss Watchers

Do it at the Keep Ruin bonfire. The 3 on the bridge are super easy to take care of.

What is your combined luck? When I do it, I have 107 (base luck) + 50 (Gold ring) + 100 (Symbol of Avarice - hat) for a total of 257. Sometimes I'll pop a luck coin for added 50. I can generally kill all 3 in like 15 seconds, reset at bonfire and repeat. Doesn't take me long to get some cov items.

Here is full list of items that increase item discovery that you should try to get, if you can: http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Luck

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Abyss Watchers

Increase your item discovery as much as you can, and I have had a few drop from those goat people and every now and then I will get the summon. I'm preparing for a grind fest to be honest. They need to increase the drop rate for all Covenant items from creatures.

mxgt

Banned
Really? I think I got him on my second try. Just requires good dodging skills. Had a lot more trouble with other bosses.

But why is that guy in the video so bad at this game?

It's DSP. He doesn't adapt, doesn't learn, just cries about controls and camera.

It's why it's so fun to watch him fail.

pa22word

Gundyr totally comes down to your weapon as far as how hard you think he is.

If you're using something fast like a katana, rapier (estoc spanks him), or straight sword the fight is easy because you can punish him constantly and still have enough stamina and follow up frames to get out dodge no matter what happens.

With an UGS though? Yeah, you're going to have problems with that fight. I mauled him on my first run of the game as a dex user, but he wrecked me on my UGS based STR run until I got tired of it and switched to a straight sword.

test_account

XP-39C²
Do it at the Keep Ruin bonfire. The 3 on the bridge are super easy to take care of.

What is your combined luck? When I do it, I have 107 (base luck) + 50 (Gold ring) + 100 (Symbol of Avarice - hat) for a total of 257. Sometimes I'll pop a luck coin for added 50. I can generally kill all 3 in like 15 seconds, reset at bonfire and repeat. Doesn't take me long to get some cov items.

Here is full list of items that increase item discovery that you should try to get, if you can: http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Luck

Increase your item discovery as much as you can, and I have had a few drop from those goat people and every now and then I will get the summon. I'm preparing for a grind fest to be honest. They need to increase the drop rate for all Covenant items from creatures.
Thanks. Is it proven that increased Luck will boost convenant item drops by the way? I dont know what my total luck is, but i respec'd into a level 77 Luck earlier, used the +1 ring that increase item drops and popped a coin afte every bonfire rest, gridning for those blue ears, and i didnt get any more items compared to my original level 10 Luck.

Gundyr totally comes down to your weapon as far as how hard you think he is.

If you're using something fast like a katana, rapier (estoc spanks him), or straight sword the fight is easy because you can punish him constantly and still have enough stamina and follow up frames to get out dodge no matter what happens.

With an UGS though? Yeah, you're going to have problems with that fight. I mauled him on my first run of the game as a dex user, but he wrecked me on my UGS based STR run until I got tired of it and switched to a straight sword.

You can wreck Champion Gundyr with a UGS, easily. It's all in the parries.

=D

Cat Party

Lmao the hardest enemies for me are those unarmed poison guys in smoldering lake. The ones with the jump and grab attacks. Killed me so many times.

Vitor711

Really? I think I got him on my second try. Just requires good dodging skills. Had a lot more trouble with other bosses.

Grundyr's second form is the same as his first just with one extra attack at the end of each combo. It's really not hard as long as you don't get greedy and only hit him once, stay back keep you stamina high.

Pejo

It still shocks me people get hit with this.

When he shoots up just run away from him. I got hit and killed with it once, said to myself "oh it's an AOE fireblast", and never got hit with it again. I've beaten the boss probably 30+ times now and it still blows my mind everytime a host gets blasted with it.

The arrows are pretty easy to dodge too. Just run in loops around the pillars and remember that the arrows only damage when they fall, not when they are on the ground. The only BS part of that move is when he decides to throw multiple homing blasts at you during it, which after you get hit with it one time it should be enough to make you remember to swing your camera behind you and pointed at him at all times when you're running from the arrows.

I think the bigger problem is that I lock on to the head because I whiff a lot of attacks on that particular fight, if I don't. Then the camera goes crazy until it loses lock-on and makes me totally disoriented, and I'm not sure which way "away" is until I see the fire coming down. It's probably more that I'm using too short range of a weapon for the first part of that fight, and I should probably bring a spear or something.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Thanks. Is it proven that increased Luck will boost convenant item drops by the way? I dont know what my total luck is, but i respec'd into a level 77 Luck earlier, used the +1 ring that increase item drops and popped a coin afte every bonfire rest, gridning for those blue ears, and i didnt get any more items compared to my original level 10 Luck.

Luck increases your item discovery - For each point of luck you receive one point of Item Discovery, up to a hard cap at 99 Luck (199 Item Discovery).

I basically start at the Farron Keep Perimeter, I use the Gold Serpent Ring +1 and I put on my Symbol of Avarice helm, crack a coin. I run out and 1 shot those goat peeps with my Dragonslayer Swordspear bolt. Rinse and repeat and hope for a drop and if you need Pale tongue's you can take out the two wraiths as well as they have a chance of dropping them.

Arjen

Ugh just give me at least one invasion, just one, where it's a 1v1,fuck I'd be happy with a 1v2 at this point.

test_account

XP-39C²
Luck increases your item discovery - For each point of luck you receive one point of Item Discovery, up to a hard cap at 99 Luck (199 Item Discovery).

I basically start at the Farron Keep Perimeter, I use the Gold Serpent Ring +1 and I put on my Symbol of Avarice helm, crack a coin. I run out and 1 shot those goat peeps with my Dragonslayer Swordspear bolt. Rinse and repeat and hope for a drop and if you need Pale tongue's you can take out the two wraiths as well as they have a chance of dropping them.
Sure, but do we know for sure that it increases the chance for covenant items to be dropped? Didnt seem like that when i tried it earlier, boosting my luck a lot. Basically all i got was more armor and shield drops.

Thanks for the tip though. I guess i'll try to farm some more at that place.

Okay, so because I have an unhealthy obsession with this game's crabs, I've been looking up threads and doing some experimentation in regards to the Tiny Catacombs Crab that spawns when you kill the second skele-ball and found out...interesting stuff but nothing amazing. So here goes:

1. So, the TCC attaches to you and follows you but never attacks you. How far away can you get before he stops following you? The answer is apparently forever. I read a thread where someone kept running to opposite ends of an area and it would follow even without seeing you. It gets stuck on stuff a lot but it follows. In my own experiments, I spawned the TCC, got it to lock onto me and then ran to bridge, clearing out enemies as I did. I stood on the opposite side of the bridge and after a long-ass time it found it's way over there. I then ran all the way back to the area with the Carthus Milk Ring and waited forever and it got stuck on a pillar right near where I was after like 15 minutes. I read that someone actually got it to drop down and survive the trip to S
mouldering Lake
using Force. If you get it that far, it seems to stop and wait in front of the edge of the bridge as if waiting for you to push it down there.

2. If you take the TCC down to S
mouldering Lake
you can run around the whole area BUT it attaches itself to the large worm/where it spawns so you can't take it into the D
emon Ruins
that way or Boss Fight. Otherwise it will follow you anywhere in S
mouldering Lake
. It does not seem to interact with anything down there, not even it's brother crabs! Although in the course of investigating said less-friendly crabs, one of the ember crabs chilling down there does not actually aggro on you. He just kinda...minds his own business and does whatever cool things crabs do all day. The TCC does not interact with him in any way, which is disappointing on a number of levels, mainly emotional. The TCC will not help you fight H
orace

3. If you open up the shortcut to the D
emon Ruins
using the ballista you can lead the TCC into the D
emon Ruins
but getting it there is extremely difficult with the ballista still firing and your need to be somewhat near it to direct it into the hole. Without the ballista you can't get it into the D
emon Ruins
. Really been unable to find anyone who got the TCC in there.

4. If you take the TCC back in the other direction he can only go as far as the Abyss Watchers fog wall. He'll push against it and try to get through but he can't even if you hit or kick him (which broke my fucking heart, I didn't mean it little guy).

5. He gets stuck on W
olnir
's fog wall so that's the farthest you can take him in that direction too.

That's pretty much all I've found out. We're probably not going to learn more until you can warp it back to Firelink and level it up 5 times at Yoel to unlock the DLC Crabtorias of the Crabyss.

I might care about crabs too much.

Edit: Oh, you can actually lead him onto the bridge and cut it and he'll survive the fall down to S
mouldering Lake
. If you drop him down there, he unlocks the Crab Covenant.

ElFly

Ugh just give me at least one invasion, just one, where it's a 1v1,fuck I'd be happy with a 1v2 at this point.

The game really needs to drag a second invader in those 1v3 cases.

Wonder what'd happen if there was a "anti blue cops" covenant, where if a blue cop was deployed, you get summoned to kill him and/or the host too.

Of course, the summon rate would be super low, but it actually works super well when you are on the way of blue covenant. The supply of cops makes it almost a sure thing.

Jamesways

Okay, so because I have an unhealthy obsession with this game's crabs, I've been looking up threads and doing some experimentation in regards to the Tiny Catacombs Crab that spawns when you kill the second skele-ball and found out...interesting stuff but nothing amazing. So here goes:

1. So, the TCC attaches to you and follows you but never attacks you. How far away can you get before he stops following you? The answer is apparently forever. I read a thread where someone kept running to opposite ends of an area and it would follow even without seeing you. It gets stuck on stuff a lot but it follows. In my own experiments, I spawned the TCC, got it to lock onto me and then ran to bridge, clearing out enemies as I did. I stood on the opposite side of the bridge and after a long-ass time it found it's way over there. I then ran all the way back to the area with the Carthus Milk Ring and waited forever and it got stuck on a pillar right near where I was after like 15 minutes. I read that someone actually got it to drop down and survive the trip to S
mouldering Lake
using Force. If you get it that far, it seems to stop and wait in front of the edge of the bridge as if waiting for you to push it down there.

mouldering Lake
you can run around the whole area BUT it attaches itself to the large worm/where it spawns so you can't take it into the D
emon Ruins
mouldering Lake
. It does not seem to interact with anything down there, not even it's brother crabs! Although in the course of investigating said less-friendly crabs, one of the ember crabs chilling down there does not actually aggro on you. He just kinda...minds his own business and does whatever cool things crabs do all day. The TCC does not interact with him in any way, which is disappointing on a number of levels, mainly emotional. The TCC will not help you fight H
orace

emon Ruins
emon Ruins
but getting it there is extremely difficult with the ballista still firing and your need to be somewhat near it to direct it into the hole. Without the ballista you can't get it into the D
emon Ruins

4. If you take the TCC back in the other direction he can only go as far as the Abyss Watchers fog wall. He'll push against it and try to get through but he can't even if you hit or kick him (which broke my fucking heart, I didn't mean it little guy).

5. He gets stuck on W
olnir

That's pretty much all I've found out. We're probably not going to learn more until you can warp it back to Firelink and level it up 5 times at Yoel to unlock the DLC Crabtorias of the Crabyss.

This is an amazing post.

Stuff like this is why I love the game and love GAF.

Zocano

mouldering Lake

mouldering Lake
emon Ruins
mouldering Lake
orace

emon Ruins
emon Ruins
emon Ruins

5. He gets stuck on W
olnir

Edit: Oh, you can actually lead him onto the bridge and cut it and he'll survive the fall down to S
mouldering Lake
. If you drop him down there, he unlocks the Crab Covenant.

Are you Plague?

Arjen

The game really needs to drag a second invader in those 1v3 cases.

Wonder what'd happen if there was a "anti blue cops" covenant, where if a blue cop was deployed, you get summoned to kill him and/or the host too.

Of course, the summon rate would be super low, but it actually works super well when you are on the way of blue covenant. The supply of cops makes it almost a sure thing.

It's starting to get really annoying, I m invading in
Lothric Castle
now, every single one was a host chilling at the bonfire with 3 summons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom